Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi ShahYour feedback matters!
I m 31 years. I m a house wife I have pain in the bottom of my feet seen one month I have done all testing everything is ok they doubt of plantar facilities.
From d past one month I am having a pain in my heel area of my right leg. Actually this pain started 2-3 years back but it happen only sometimes but now I am suffering from pain from past 1 month. I do not know please help me with the reason and how to diagnose if there is any problem or not. Although I have slipped disc problem as well.
Hi, I am having ligament pain issue in my right leg ankle from past 6 months. Consulted Arpho and physiotherapy but did worked out. Please help
Hi. I am 36. I like to play badminton. And play regularly. But yesterday I got my left leg stretched. Its not in knees. And not on ankle. Lower knee part. I think its muscle pain. Can you please advice wat treatment I shd take at home.
I am 44 years old suffering from R.A .My RA is 18. 8 and esr, uric acid is normal, anti ccp test is sero negative. I suffered from thyroid but due to homeopathic treatment it is coming normal. have psoriasis on foot. Please let me know whether lam suffering from auto immune diseases. Are there any blood tests to confirm the diagnosis of auto immunity disorder. Please suggest which doctor should I consult a rheumatologist or immunologist.
My cervical spine mri shows that" mild diffuse annular bulge of c4-c5, c5-c6 and c6-c7 intervertebral discs and causing indentation on anterior subarachnoid spaces. And" anterior osteophytes and end plate changes at c5 and c6 vertebral levels. Kindly explain really what' s its meaning and remedy. Whether allopathy, homeo or ayurveda is more suitable. Its urgent.
My mother aged 78 under went ca breast (t3 n1 mo) undergone masectomy 10 years before and doing well. She is having left knee pain more than right knee pain. Kindly suggest remedy only with external application and if necessary any exercise for her.
I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis from last 4 years I am also getting treatment for it. But I have too much pain in my legs hands shoulders and joints. Could you please suggest me some best treatment.
I am a 56 years old male suffering from knee pain past from one month there will be swelling also I can't even walk for a forloung.
My wife often complains pain in her elbows and knee joints. I had her ASO test done and the result was 1050 IU/ml. She is 28. Her parents and one of her sibling have history of joint pain, rheumatism. My wife has not taken any kind of medication or therapy regarding this in her life. Please help.
I recently had accident and I dislocated my left elbow and found fracture on radial head on 23.04 and now my plaster is removed. But I am feeling pain while moving elbow and it is very stiff. Doctor to do exercise daily for 1 month to regain smoothness but it's just one day I am feeling pain and it swelling over elbow.
I am having back pain. I taken some medicine but after some time again its having the same condition.
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!