Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ratnakar ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi. Can tinnitus cause weakness and headaches. Off late the ringing and whistling sound has increased a lot in my left hear. I can hear it even when the fan is in high speed making a lot of noise itself. Can this be cured or reduced. It is also very irritating. Can any tests be done to know for the cause or cure for it. Also there any home remedies to reduce it. Im taking good and proper healthy foods but still feel weak. Please guide and help.
Dear doctor from last 3 to 4 days ,I have pain in my throat. Today its inc res, so please prescript some medicine for this.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding disorder
- Blood clotting problems
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
Sir/mam I have permanently common cold from childhood. I tried many medicines of Homeopathy like lemna minor, sinusitis. But when I leave to take medicines cold again start. Doctor told me that your mass or bone of nose is increasing. But I want permanently solution of my great problem. Much more mucus also comes through nose. I feel a lot of problems like nose blockage. Problem in exercise and during respiration.
My throat has got some infection due to this there is accumulation of cough and which itches throat and resulting khansi what can I do remedy this one.
Most often patients do not know the cause of vertigo and so are on medications for years.
A common type of vertigo called positional vertigo is completely curable with vestibular rehab using very specific maneuvers. Also sometimes dizzy feeling can be confused with unsteadiness which may be due to decreased sensations or neuropathy in legs.
Others causes can be labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis and many more.
Please see a proper evaluation and know the best technique suited for you so you can be active again and lead a functional life.