Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna KarkamantYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old, but my beard or facial hair not grow properly. Please provide information to solve the problem.
My face was black small small pimples and their symptoms which medicine or cream is cure for that pimples?
I am very dark in colour. I want to be fair without any treatment. Is there any remedy to be fair at home only?
My facial skin looks more tanned than my body and it has got a number of swollen rashes, which may look like big acnes, but actually they are not (I suppose) as I do not feel any pain from those bulges. Nor does puss come out from them. They get reduced in size by their own, after some time. Again some do not- they remain as permanent kind of lumps (small) at some parts of my face.
Hi, I am 24 years old. Please tell how to reduce the pimples or now my pimples is decrease but they leave their marks. How to decrease them.
Hello as a matter of fact my age is 22 I am a student. As initially I got tiny like rashes on my forehead and soonday by day they were started growing like into pimples with pus as earlier I thought that I got rashes due to heat or sun rays but later with time it grows and I consulted doctor he gave me clindamycin gel and along with cefprozil tablets of 500 mg twice a day and said it is folliculitis but it gave me only relief to extent soon I started using Cipro cf skin cream and I got little relief at the end What should I go or do for this.?
I have skin problem. Firstly red dots appear on my body and face and. Then it become a big ring like structure with so much itchy and its increases. What the problem is this and whats it treatment. Because I have suffered from 3 years from this skin problem.
I am loosing my hair quickly, I'd tried all type of shampoo but has no effect, don't know what to do next. Help me out.
I have a hairfall problem from last 10 days as I used hair fixer to set my hair. What should I do know.
I have a red bump that looks like a pimple on my penis and its itchy. What's the cure . There's only one . Is there something to worry?
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.