Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi WigheYour feedback matters!
i'm having marks due to pimples..mine is oily skin..pimples are coming in hot climate ..whats the solution
Hello sir, Actually I have black spots on my face so How to remove these black spots what are the solutions?
Hi my daughter is 5 years old and have pubic hair not to much thick but im so much worry about taht and make some tests FSH 2.1 UI/l LH 0.25 UI/I testosterone 0.87 nmol/l (25 ng/l) So please advice me is this normal or no and what we can do?
I have been suffering from dandruff and hair fall since 5 years I have consulted many skin doctors I used many tablets shampoos and hair oils but I did not get rid of dandruff and still I am experiencing severe hair fall my age is 21 I have bald spots at the front and it is getting worse day by day would you please suggest some tips for stopping this hair fall and dandruff. I there any possibility of regrowing hair back at bald spots where follicles are disappeared.
Hello doctor im 24 years old female. My hairs are falling too much, every time when I wash oil or comb hairs a lot of hairs fall. I am taking pimple treatment from a dermatologist. I take microdox lbx 100 mg daily from 30 days. Is this can lead to hairfall ?and I uses coconut oil.
How to close or reduce the open pores, I have black heads on cheeks and pores and marks are not blemishes.
Dear sir my face is becoming black. I am working as sales executive on field. Now I am getting married. Please try to help me.
I am having acne on my face and now the worst conditions is that they had left scars on my face. My cheeks are full of scars. One year back taken laser treatment. Kindly suggest.
Last year during summer I got skin rashes on my hand and feet's . I got my self examine from a doctor and was on medicine for a week anti biotic and anti allergic but this summer too same problem rcoure please let me know what to do and why it is reoccurring ?
The skin produces a natural oil known as sebum from the sebaceous glands. This acts as a protective layer and is passed out through the multiple, minute pores. With the teenage years seeing excessive hormones, excessive sebum is produced which clogs the pores, and the underlying sebum may not be released from the glands. In some cases, there could also be bacteria trapped in these acne. In severe cases, there can be extreme pain and pus formation. The acne can be quite large in size and may leave marks, which often take a long time to disappear.
Though acne affects any age group, it is most common in the teenage years and is attributed to the hormones called androgens. In women, there is also a hormonal correlation where acne is more common with menstrual cycles, pregnancy and polycystic ovaries – all conditions associated with increased hormone levels.
Before heading out for medical help, the following are some tips to manage acne.
Avoid touching it or picking it. Else it will result in a faster spreading of the infection to the surrounding areas.
Use ice cubes on the acne as they help reduce redness and swelling by lowering the blood supply.
Learn to keep calm as stress increases hormonal release and thereby acne.
Do regular exercises. A good workout routine helps by keeping your skin clean and the pores open. There is a more frequent clearing of sebum leading to reduced acne.
Maintain a healthy eating pattern. Avoid oily food items, which only add to the oiliness of the skin. Sugars again are proven to be harmful for acne.
Follow a proper sleep routine as it will relax your muscles and keep you calm.
Use mild detergents for washing pillow covers and towels, which are often used on the skin.
Frequent washing, regular moisturizing, and exfoliating should be a part of your skin care routine. Avoid heavy chemicals and adhere to one regimen with as many natural substances as possible.
Medications would be required in more severe cases, where there is infection along with pain.
Topical products would include creams, gels or lotions with retinoids like tretinoin, tazarotene and adapalene. In some cases, topical antibiotics like clindamycin or erythromycin combined with benzoyl peroxide are used. Light therapy, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, chemical peels and steroid injections can be used to remove acne scars, which may be very concerning cosmetically.
Very severe cases may require a systemic antibiotic course with doxycycline and minocycline. Birth control pills may be used in some to regulate hormonal levels.
Despite all this, let nature take its own course, and in majority of the cases, acne runs its course and settles down with the passage of teenage years. Try the next level therapy only if absolutely required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 34 yrs old. My face has lot of dark pimple marks. I am using neem face wash, but no use. What should I do?
I had been on isotretinoin for past 20 days and also using topically clindamycin phosphate gel I just want to know that is it fine if in morning firstly I use moisturising cream and then over it apply gel, I am getting confused for routine as I also had to use moisturizer.
Having a cosmetic surgery is quite a big deal. It is an expensive surgery, which causes alteration of your body features. Although cosmetic surgeries are usually effective and provide satisfactory results, you should keep several things in mind before a cosmetic surgery. You should know all important facts about cosmetic surgeries, their procedure and results before undertaking one.
Here are the things you should consider and keep in mind:
- Cosmetic surgeries are permanent: You would like the idea of perfecting several features of your body using a cosmetic surgery. However, you must keep in mind that such a surgery is permanent and your features would be altered forever. You should not undergo a cosmetic surgery half-heartedly and must think over and over before finalizing.
- You should know why you are having a surgery: You need to have proper reasons why you want to undergo a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the exact reason why you feel that a cosmetic surgery is required. There are several physical and emotional changes which occur after a surgery and you should be prepared for the same.
- You should know the results you want: Before having a cosmetic surgery, you should know exactly how the results would appear. Having a rough idea will not do and you should know beforehand how you are going to look post-surgery. You must make the doctor understand your requirements and desired results perfectly so that he or she can give the best results. You may use pictures and illustrations to explain your objectives to the surgeon.
- You should know about the outcomes: Knowing about all the possible outcomes of the cosmetic surgery, which you have opted for is very important. For this, you need to surf the internet and do some research. Read from trustworthy medical care websites and also consult people who have had a cosmetic surgery before. You should also keep in mind the consequences which may arise if you do not like the results of a cosmetic surgery and be prepared mentally, in case some complications occur.
- You should choose the best surgeon: Choosing a capable and efficient surgeon is an important thing to do, before thinking of having a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the location, experience and approach, while choosing the right surgeon. You should also make sure that the surgeon is qualified and registered to practice.
A cosmetic surgery is a serious surgery, which will change the way you look in certain ways, depending upon the type of cosmetic surgery you have chosen. Before deciding on having a cosmetic surgery, you should consider the above-mentioned factors and then only go for it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic plastic surgeon.