Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi M Kekatpure
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi M KekatpureYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My son 8 years old because of cough we went Dr. advice report in the reports wbctotal22.6 neutrophils 79 lymphocytes 13 why this high low what is reason for this from food climate please tell me.
My 9 month baby boy suffering from UTI since last 3 months detected with bacteria. Antibiotic inj. Killed those bacteria. Now, latest urine culture report says aerobic culture shows no growth and pus cell 1-2/hpf. What does it mean and when it will be cured?
My son is 9 months old with 7.25 kg weight due to swollen gums due to teething he is not taking proper diet and always feels uneasy how to help him in his pain.
My baby is 3 months old. She has constipation from birth. She takes 3 to 4 days to pass the motion. Can you suggest a solution for this?
My child is just one month old. She is suffering from cold and continuous diarrhoea. Doctor prescribed taxim o and zinc dry syrup. What can I do?
My six year old daughter suffers from midnight visit barking coughing with vomit of coughs occasionally. I give her cough syrup. What may be the reason and what is the treatment for it?
Can I give my child 10 year old a teaspoon of agmark ghee daily in the morning after a glass of warm water? Can I also give him a teaspoon of coconut oil along with ghee is it good or bad, please reply me.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"