Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi BathraYour feedback matters!
Confidence and a better sense of self image can be born with a number of measures to prevent and repair the various factors that make one feel less than confident. Our face and hair are one of the major areas that make us feel confident and balding is a big cause that can leave people feeling shy of facing the world. A hair transplant procedure may seem like a simple one, but it comes with many implications as far as maintenance in the long run goes. Besides certain side effects, one will also have to indulge in proper habits for the upkeep of the transplant so that balding does not set in again. An itchy scalp may be a common occurrence after going through this surgery. Read on to know more about this.
- Causes of Postoperative Itchiness: The scalp may undergo postoperative itchiness after the grafting process has been put into place because the scalp is still getting used to the new skin and the tingling sensation that will invariably be caused by the hair that is now busy growing from previously bald quarters. This itchy feeling can also come from the dryness that may be caused by the shampoo that one uses. Also, shampooing in general can cause dryness of these new grafts, which leads to an itching sensation. Further, the topical ointments that may have been prescribed can lead to an allergic reaction, which can also cause severe itching. Further, in extreme or drastic cases, the scalp may fall prey to infection and in such cases, itching is one of the first reactions or symptoms of the same. Finally, if you have been suffering from a skin condition, this can also lead to itching.
- How to Deal with Itching: When you suffer from an itching scalp as a side effect after such a surgery, it is best to avoid scratching the surface as this may lead to bleeding and subsequent infection in the area. Ask your dermatologist for a change in the topical ointments so that you can avoid feeling the need to scratch and ensure that you also use a cold compress to keep the area suitably moist and also to soothe the excess itching sensation you may be feeling. You may damage the healing tissues by scratching within the first month after the surgery, so you must also ensure that your nails are cut.
- Other Side Effects: Itching and scratching can give rise to other side effects after a hair transplant procedure. These include a pimple breakout, bruising due to constant abrasion, and mild swelling which can also lead to further itching. These typically go away with the itching in due time.
I am 18 years old n I need a fair complexion. please suggest some product so that I can recover dark skin.
I have been suffering from hair loss since 2013 please allocated me how to resolve my problem permanently.
I am 23 years old. My weight is 67 kgs and my height is 5'6" My skin tone is wheatish. II want to improve my skin complexion because I want to search a person to marry . For that I want to improve my skin tone. Can you please help me for that.
I want to Fair my face and prevent pimples .my face sometimes becomes dull and oily. What should I do?
My hair is falling continuously coupled with graying since Jan 2015. During this period I was hair shaved two to three times but no fruitful result came out. My upper part of my head almost look naked without hair. Recently, I used homeopathic medicine Skalptone for this but nothing came out as fruitful result. please help me to gain my hair back. Suggest proper diet with medication. I am very frustrated.
How to reduce red spots on face And without any cream how to reduce the red sports on face and get rid of dry skin.
I have a dark brown patch on my thigh. I consulted a doctor he told me it could be a mole or some kind of birth mark. It appeared first when I was 13 now it is expanding as I grew. I tried few ointments and lotions on it. But no luck. Is it really a mole or birth mark or is it a skin disease.
I have boiled my hair mens I have cut my with blade not with zero machine because of it can I have curly hair I want it.
I am very serious to take patient and please give me some suggestion. I have acne on my face. I feel very sad. Please give me provide some suggesting and guided me. Thank you.
I had blackheads, whiteheads and pimple my nose. I squeezed some of them. But they come again. This is happening for last 1 year. Now my nose is full of marks. My skin is very oily. When I squeeze them, something white followed by blood comes out. I am using Saslic ds face wash twice a day. Please help me.
I am 34 years. I am suffering with baldness from forehead area. I am using ayurvedic hair oil and ayurvedic shampoo. I wash my hair thrice a week. But the area is Increasing. please help me out. Mother of two and gone through cesarean.
What to do preventing hair fall? Is any side effects are there? Any deficiency? I need to know my any related problem? Is any cure there for preventing hair fall? Is there any medicine to cure this? How much chance that I could cure to this? please reply me.
Hello Doctor. I had protected sex with a girl few weeks back. I am noticing white painless pimples on my penile shaft. First it was just one now I can notice 4-5. Can please someone help me to understand what exactly it is. I am feeling shy to inform anyone about it. Whom should I consult? Please help!
I am 35 years old female having migraine, cervical and Thyroid problem taking 25 mg daily. I stopped taking from last 2-3 weeks as my medicine got finished in meantime showed to ayurvedic doctor checked my thyroid which was normal and she gave me substitute (medicine) for that. The problem I am facing is major hair fall from last one month and this started while I was taking Thyroid. My hairs are falling roots. Also my hair texture is changed from last one year. My hairtexture is thin .My scalp is oily but down hairs are dry. 2 years bacl also got hairfall than it stopped itself due to that my hair density has become very less now. Hairs are thinning day by day. Can you please provide the reason for it and suggest remedy and also can I get back my lost hairs, wanted to increase the density and grow my hairs long. Please help.
I hav a very oily face nd I hav to get rid out of it. I hace used multani methi with rose water (gulab jal) but its speed is too slow nd I want a treatment wich works with a fast speed.
Human beings are considered as the most evolved species on this planet. Though it is said that our ancestors were monkeys, very few of the habits are common between the both. In the process of evolution, civilization has always been a priority. One thing which is similar (though reduced a lot) between humans and monkeys is the hair growth over the body.
Excessive, unwanted hairs on the body (especially face) is a usual problem being faced by everyone. In this fast, competitive world, it brings a social barrier to our identity. This can affect one’s future to a varying extent. Nobody likes to compromise with the future.
There are only two ways to get rid of them:
- Temporary methods like Waxing, Threading, Shaving, plucking are associated with pain, thick regrowth of hairs, infections (due to poor hygiene) and life long repetition of the procedure. This costs a lot of precious money and time. These procedures are usually undertaken by Beauty Parlors.
- Permanent methods include Laser Hair Reduction. Laser targets the melanin pigment in the hair root, thereby destroying it completely.
Once the client is ready for the procedure, the area is cleaned and marked; the hairs to be treated are shaved. Ice pack can be used for sensitive skin. The probe is placed firmly on the skin and fired. Pricking sensation on the skin may be felt in few cases. Whole body procedure may take a couple of hours. Routine activities can be resumed once the procedure is finished. The next session may take place after a time period of 1 month to 5 years (depending on the sittings already completed).
This is considered the best treatment modality in the approach towards unwanted hairs. The total number of sessions required are few. The procedure is completely safe, effective and hygienic.
We, at SUDEH, always strive to give the best possible results with the most advanced technology and the most suited treatment as per the individual needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.