Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranna DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am having discharge of a liquid from my Virginia regularly since starting of September, 2016. It is white in color and cheese in form. Its not in 100% liquid form, little thick. No order is coming. From last three months I am not getting my periods. I got on 28th July. From January to June my menstrual cycle was regular. From last 20 days I am using V-Wash for washing my infected part. I am not feeling any other pain in my stomach or any other part. No other symptoms. Please guide me for remedy for this. Also tell me the cause of this. Thanking you.
One of the most debilitating psychological conditions is Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder which is also the leading reasons of psychological deaths. This eating disorder is characterized by intense fear of gaining weight or body dysmorphia, where an individual believes that they are severely overweight or obese even when they are healthy. It results in obsession with becoming dangerously thin. The condition has several signs, including less than normal weight, obsession with constantly monitoring food and intake of calories, negative body image, extreme exercise and phobia of eating foods that may make one fat.
Some of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa include significant weight loss due to restricted food intake, distorted body image, constipation and yellowish skin, dental decay, hyperactivity and sleep difficulties, weight obsession, fine downy hair on face and arms, frequent problems with digestion, mood swings and anxiety, preoccupation with food and menstrual irregularities. Anorexia usually is a result of physical, emotional and social triggers.
Some of the causes are mentioned below.
1. Extreme dieting : Dieting affects the way your brain and metabolism work. Women who diet to the extreme tend to gain weight back and go on the diet cycle again. This cycle results in stresses on the body and leads to development of eating disorders.
2. Runs in family : People with eating disorder like anorexia are likelier to have family history of the disorder, obesity or other mood disorders.
3. Lower self-esteem : Low self-confidence and negative body image perpetuated by the medical one of the main causes of growing number of eating disorders.
4. Emotional imbalance: Perfectionist and certain personality characteristics. Women who are emotionally restrained are more likely to develop the condition.
5. Obsession : To have feelings of obsession/compulsion (even when it isn’t clinically diagnosed OCD).
6. Biological factors: Puberty and pressures or stresses at school including bullying, other biological factors and malnutrition.
7. Certain life events: Stressful life event such as breakdown of a relationship, physical abuse, death in the family
If you suspect that you or someone you know has anorexia, ensure that you refer them to a psychologist. Anorexia can be life-threatening over the years and needs instant support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I missed my periods dates nd I checked with prega news also for pregnancy test but it seems negative please let me knw what shld I do? Any test or medication.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
During my mensus I face bleeding for nearly 8 days. In some cases it even gets delayed for months. May I know the reason for this? please suggest me.
Post period itching and slight sharp pain in clitoris. Is it due to friction from pads? I am 22 virgin.
Dr. I hav sex wid my boyfriend on 29/10/16. My date was on 3rd nov but I got delayed. We use condom during sex. On 8th I took early mensuration tablet and 2dose on 9. White discharge is dere earlier den dis tablet (more den earlier). I also took pregnancy test but it was negative on 6th. Im also taking papaya and ajwayan. please suggest what to do now.
I have missed my period dates. I am 8 days late. I have done home pregnancy test for three times but all are negative. I am also having abdominal pain and legs pain which I usually experience in pms. Please suggest some medicine to get early periods.
My girlfriend is four weeks pregnant and we want abortion. What should we do and she also feels very weak these days.
PCOS is a hormonal disorder seen in most of the women. It affects the ability of the women to produce eggs. In this condition, the ovaries appear with enlarged size and present multiple small sac-like structures (cysts) on the outer edges. These cysts contain immature/undeveloped eggs which may lead to infertility. The exact cause for PCOS is unknown yet. Mostly genetical and environmental factors play a major role in the development of PCOS.
How is PCOS linked with Diabetes?
PCOS and diabetes are linked with each other by a major factor i.e., excess fat and insulin resistance.
Excess fat leads to insulin resistance, which in turn results in development of diabetes.
Reducing excess fat in the body and controlling insulin sensitivity may make the ovaries to “breathe” easier.
Several studies have found that women who had PCOS were more likely to develop type 2 diabetes compared to women who didn’t have. PCOS is associated with higher levels of insulin in the blood. Higher levels of insulin are seen in case of few patients with type 2 diabetes, who are unable to utilise their insulin due to insulin resistance.
PCOS has also been implicated with type 1 diabetes.
Symptoms of PCOS:
Weight gain or obesity
Excess hair growth on face and body
Scalp hair fall
Hyperpigmented skin (acanthosis nigricans)
Does treating PCOS treat diabetes or each other?
No single pharmaceutical agent is approved for the treatment of PCOS and diabetes yet. Choosing a healthy lifestyle and nutrition help live better.
Regular exercise and weight loss is most crucial for keeping the body healthy and fight against obesity and type 2 diabetes, and it can also help in treating the symptoms associated with PCOS.
Reducing excess blood sugar and allowing the body to use insulin more effectively may benefit people with diabetes as well as women with PCOS.
A balanced and gluten-free diet help to reduce the risk of diabetes and to manage weight.
From last two months my periods r missing. Pregnancy test is negative. Right now I am feeling that may b periods will start. But I want to delay it for some family reasons. Can I take tablets to delay the periods .will it work or not. please let me know. My age is 41 yrs.
I'm Jamuna, 25 years old. Im a dentist. I got married to my cousin (paternal ) on August 29, 2014. Its going to be 2 years on coming 29th. I've already diagnosed with Pcos. I have been taking medicines for almost 3 years even before my wedding (metformin, normoz, fertisure ) & went for follicular study once. But there was no use till now . I weigh 92 KGS. I gained weight suddenly becoz of d accident (Head injury due to major trauma) (Intracranial hemorrhage ). I met during my final year. Before that I was normal weighing 70 KGS. Due to the weight gain I got irregular periods. After that I was diagnosed with pcos. I'm very much depressed. I can't concentrate on anything. People who got married after my wedding like my friends, relatives are blessed with children. My husband doesn't know that I have pcos. I feel like dying every moment I go out. I'm very embarrassed in meeting people. If anyone asks about child to me & my husband, we can't able to face them .Is there any good way for us . I'm not interested in IVF or any those technology.
Mam, test kiya lekin usme conform nahi ho raha hai pregnancy hai ya nahi one line red hai and one line fed pink. Please advise.
My daughter 17 years old had period for 20days the scan shows multiple peripheral follicles of varying sizes. Dr. proscribed Tablet yaz. Please suggest.
25. Increases your se
Modern hectic schedule at home as well as workplace has led to the popularity of strategic snacking. Nutrition and Snacking habits have a direct relation on energy level, mental sharpness and motivation. One must identify the right snacks that will not only fill one up without triggering the craving for more snacks.
A snack is considered to be healthy if it is packed with nutrients and its calorie level lie between 100 and 150 calories. Strategic snacking is a great way to keep a check on one's appetite maintaining the energy levels keeping the body balanced.
The following ten snacks are a powerhouse of nutrients which will keep one full and satisfied:
- In order to have a 100 calorie nut pack, make packs of 15 to 20 Almonds, Walnuts or Pistachios. The nuts are rich in protein, fiber and cholesterol-lowering unsaturated fats, which makes one feel full and have powerful antioxidants, like vitamin E.
- One can try out one medium-size raw sliced red pepper or, twelve pods of sugar snap peas or baby carrots with a snack-size 2-ounce container of hummus.
- A cup of high protein yogurt, blueberries, cherries, raspberries or strawberries will give 50 calories coupled with 100 calories worth 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt.
- Nutri bars comprise of protein, fibre and healthy fats and a single bar can give 150 calories per bar. They contain nuts and dried fruit, which help minimize the calories keeping the belly full for a longer period.
- Apples and peanut butter are high in fibre and peanut butter is high in protein and unsaturated fat and spoonful of peanut butter can stabilize blood sugar and quell hunger.
- Light cheese is packed with protein, which our body digests slowly so it helps one to stay full for hours. Most cheese packs contain a lot of fat and calories, so only light cheese recommended as it provides 150 calories and 18 grams of protein.
- Avocados are full of Omega-3 fats and antioxidants and having an avocado with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt will last for the whole afternoon.
- Multigrain corn tortilla chips are made with stone ground corn, flaxseed, quinoa, brown rice and chia seeds which are digested very slowly helping belly to stay full for a longer duration.
- The serving of five to ten Olives is a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
It is extremely important these snacks proportioned so that one does not have to count or measure them while at work. These will keep one's belly full reducing the hunger urges and moreover, these are healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.