Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamilaYour feedback matters!
I have taken an ipill on 13th jan after having withdrawal sex with my partner on 11th Jan. I was expecting my periods on 12th Jan but still I did not get my periods. My last periods was on 12th Dec till 16th Dec. I took a pregnancy test it came up to be negative. But still no periods. I don't want to get pregnant now. Wt shall I do?
She has a history of spontaneous abortion 1 month back. Nw she has concieved again as her urine pregnancy test is postive. Wat precautions shud she take nw to avoid miscarriage again?
Ovarian cyst of 2.6 mm in right side. Doctor given ultra coq 10 and fertomid 100 mg before follicular study. I have taken injection sitrodium HP 150 on 8 th day, sitasi HP 5000 given on 12 th day. After getting collapsed follicular it shows my uterine lining is only 5.6 mm. My menstrual cycle is of 26 days, but this time I got period on 30th day. But flow is about to nothing with brown liquid few drops only. On third day I hv done urine test for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor advice again ultra coq 10 and ovabless for 30 days. Please suggest, why I the flow is very less and brown.
My friend had I pill tablet 10 to 12 times since last 3 years is that any problems with when she will get married and want to have baby later as she have read an article on web that having I pill. Can cause damage of baby worm is she is fine or should she consult with doctor. As she had unprotected sex with her partner and sperm was inside but still got periods and on her face black marks are coming Thanks.
My sister having conceive. I want to know what are the foods she have to take? She is now in 7 months.
My question is if I have unprotected sex and he comes inside and the same day I start birth control is there any chance I could be pregnant?
My wife has ovarian cyst I visit so many doctors but didn't work and I wanted know about it what happened in it?
My mother has got her operation done of uterus and now after 2 months also she sometimes start feeling cold or intense heat. What should be done?
Hi I'm 36 years I have pcod problem & hypothyroidism so I tk medication for thyroid. But I don't take any medicine for pcod, as we r going to take ivf treatment soon I'm worried that due to pcod problem is there any chances of abortion when I get pregnant as my 1st ivf treatment was unsuccessful.
Homeopathy is a slow form of treatment, but is has negligible side effects. This makes it safer to self medicate with light doses of homeopathy than an antibiotic. Homeopathy can be used for first aid, to fight common infections and as general constitutional remedies.
Here are a few common homeopathic medicines you should keep at home.
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica can be safely used to treat gastrointestinal diseases, a loss of appetite, depression and migranes. The ideal dosage for nux vomica depends on the age of the patient, their overall health and several other conditions. Nux vomica can also be used to cure a hangover.
- Aconite: When taken at the onset of a cold, aconite can stop the virus from progressing further. Aconite can also be used for joint pain, gout, inflammations and to speed up the healing of wounds. Apart from the pill form, aconite can also be used as a cream.
- Arnica: If you have kids at home, arnica is a must have. It is the most common homeopathic remedy for bruising, accidents, injuries and shocks. It can also be used to treat arthritis and the pain that follows dental work and jet lag. Arnica can also be used to promote hair growth. Depending on its use, arnica can be used in the form of pills, cream or oils.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is an ointment that should be kept in every kitchen. It is the most effective anti inflammatory cream to treat burns of any kind. When a burn is treated with cantharis, it leaves minimal scars. It can also be used to treat urinary tract infections. Cantharis is usually used as a cream.
- Magnesia phosphoric: This is a must have for women. It can be used to treat any form of cramps including menstrual cramps. It can also be used to treat tiredness, headaches, nerve pain, insomnia and to help a person relax. Magnesia phosphoric is usually prescribed in the form of homeopathic pills.
- Rhus tox: Rhus tox is a common homeopathic remedy for muscle sprains and bruising. It is also beneficial for people suffering from back aches, arthritis, sciatica and body aches associated with the flu. Rhus tox is usually found in the form of homeopathic pills.
One should not do any type of self medication, however, you should check with your homeopathic practitioner about the dosage and frequency of consumption. Do not take it for granted that homeopathy has no side effects and take a more intense dose than required. Also store these medicines properly. Ideally, homeopathic medicine should be stored in a cool place without direct exposure to sunlight or extreme heat or cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and cesarean section (c-section).
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
But i am asking for medicine to the swelling of abdomen of my girlfriend which is come after taking I pill 6 or 7 times in January and she is slimly fit her age is only 17 years im having sex with her 6 or 7 times and give her ipill in every meeting help me suggest me a right medicine.
What is the difference between implantation bleeding and period bleeding? How many days can implantation bleeding happen?
I'm female, 30 years old me n my husband are at same age ,we are eagerly waiting for kids ,last year I got abortion In my 8 month of pregnancy due to iugri in kid doctor told me that it's seen in 7th month due to high bp ok now I'm pregnant after 1 years instead of that incident doctor told me there30,% of chance may be happened like last time I'm very much afraid for that now I'm pregnant of nearly 5th month please suggest me some thing Good that not to be happened in my past because I'm have no patience to listen any kind of bad news regarding this mentally n physically I'm very weak in this please suggest me Good food. Good medicine something please now I'm using folic acid tablet n iron tablet n escorpin 75 mg tablet anything else doctor please suggest me.
I married on 18.1. 2016 since then I tried to conceive but unfortunately I didn't conceive what may be the reason is anything serious or there is any deficiency in my husband or me. Please suggest.
I have been having issues to conceive for years now. I did an hormonal profile and HSG test which shows LH 8.52, FHS 5.93, prolactin 5.89, progest 0.65, E2 117.93. Normal uterine cavity with patent Fallopian tube and pelvic& right perifimbrial adhesion.please explain on it?
Hello dctr. I am 29 year mrd girl, I am suffering pcod. I am trying to conceive but but I can not. My folica are not grow size of folica is 11,9. In both ovaries 14 days of period please suggest thanks.
Recurrent pregnancy losses happen to a very small fraction of the population. Only 1% of couples are affected by it. Nevertheless, it is a very difficult and serious process to deal with due to the sensitivity of the issue. A woman is said to have recurrent pregnancy losses if she has lost 3 or more of her pregnancies. Although the exact reason for recurrent pregnancy losses are not known, there are several suggested reasons.
Reasons why it may happen
- Anomalies in the uterine lining such as polyps (abnormal tissue growth, usually in the cervix), or fibroid tumors can result in miscarriages if left untreated.
- Hormonal factors such as thyroid malfunctions or pituitary problems can cause an imbalance in the luteinizing hormone (a hormone which triggers ovulation) resulting in miscarriage.
- Age is also an issue one must keep in mind while addressing pregnancy losses. Women over the age of 35 are more likely to experience recurrent pregnancy losses. As women get closer to menopause, their bodies produce reduced levels of hormones and eggs which cater to a pregnancy. Therefore, due to the reduced levels of hormones, an older woman is susceptible to losing a baby as they have elevated levels of hormones and therefore are more fertile.
- Lifestyle factors also have been linked to recurrent pregnancy losses. Constant exposure to toxic chemicals can result in pregnancy problems. Along with that, constant drug use, smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol are some of the lifestyle choices that can cause recurrent pregnancy losses.
- Infections such as syphilis, malaria, measles, herpes simplex etc. can cause recurrent pregnancy symptoms if left untreated as they can obstruct and complicate the growth of the baby, resulting in premature development or pregnancy loss.
Management of Pregnancy Loss
- Polyps and fibroid tumors are complicated disorders which should be given immediate medical attention. Although surgical methods are available, the best way to treat polyps and fibroid tumors is through the intake of progestin hormone pills which shrink the size of the polyps/cysts.
- Eating a healthy diet to ensure the prevention of diabetes is highly recommended. Fruits, leafy green vegetables and whole grain cereals are a prerequisite for the complete growth of the baby as well as arming the body with the necessary strength it needs for pregnancy transitions as well as a stronger immune system.
- A regular workout routine is also advised for pregnant women as it ensures a healthier and stronger immune system.
Although recurrent pregnancy loss is very emotionally debilitating for a woman and her partner, there are several means and measures to overcome this tragedy. One should not be disheartened by such an occurrence and get the required help needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.