Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramila
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamilaYour feedback matters!
I'm 28 year old lady. I had my periods on the 6th of June the blood flow was very light for two days than usual and was very light on the 3rd day and then it ended. After that there was few brown vaginal mucus followed by white mucus till now. Also have back pain with abdominal cramps sometimes. Can you please tell me what's wrong. thank you.
we had sex in Feb 28 &29 wen we met as we stay far due to her studies. Now her periods are expected on 20march. Till date she dint get her periods. We consulted gyno and doc told to test after 45 days for good result. And she has few symptoms like stomach pain, felt vomiting sensation, feels very tired for entire day, feels difficult to breath and gets heavy breathing if she walks little distance. Please give me suggestions reg this symptoms. What to do. We are eagerly waiting for a baby.
My husband is 36 years old and i am 33 years old. We have completed 2 years of our marriage, but do not have a child, as my husband is a chain smoker and drinks alot. His medical reports says that he has olny 15% of active sperms. Please help.
My wife was fit and ok last few months back, but after pregnancy Dr. Told her that she is bit diabetic, after few month I tested and found that she pre fasting -152 and post 175. Need to know can she get back to her normal. Any diet pls suggest.
Various Ayurvedic treatment modalities in gynaecology
- Reproductive tract infections are being increasingly recognized as a serious global health problem.
- They can have severe consequences including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, chronic pelvic pain, miscarriage, low birth weight babies etc.
- To treat these disorders, along with ORAL AYURVEDIC treatment, local treatment also plays an important role.
Treatments that can be helpful are
- Uttarbasti: Uttarbasti is instillation of sterile medicated oil or ghee into uterine cavity at particular period of menstrual cycle. It acts as a purification treatment for uterus & fallopian tubes. Active principles of medicine get absorbed & helps to maintain the health of reproductive organs. It is common treatment for infertility, anovulation, endometriosis, tubal block, heavy bleeding & recurrent abortions.
- Basti: As the reproductive organs are under influence of Apan Vayu and Basti is an important intervention of diseases related to Apan Vayu. Basti is medicated oil, milk or decoction enema. Enema gets absorbed from the micro-channels of intestine & gives the desired effect according to cause and medicine. It is also done in 9 th month of pregnancy to clean the bowels and facilitate the normal labour.
- Basti Chiktsa is very helpful in for irregular menses, painful menses, heavy bleeding, anovultion, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Backache and Obesity.
- Katibasti: Katibasti is keeping warm medicated oil on the lumbar region for some specific period. It is helpful in sciatica, low backache, lumbar spondylosis, muscular spasm at lumbar region.
- Yoniprakshalan: Yonidhavana is nothing but irrigation of vulva and vagina with warm decoction. Medicines for decoction are used according to the cause. Yonidhavana is helpful in vaginal infections and white discharge.
- Pichudharan: A sterile tampon soaked with medicated oil or ghee is kept in posterior fornix of vagina for 4-5 hours, the procedure is called as pichudharan. It is useful in narrow introitus, vaginismus, cervical erosion, cervicitis, infertility, cystocele, rectocele, 1st degree uterine prolapse etc. Medicines for pichu are used according to the cause. Pichudharan is also done in 9 th month of pregnancy to soothen reproductive tract and facilitate normal delivery.
- Vartidharan: Yonivarti is vaginal suppository or pessary. It is indicated in white discharge, vaginal infections and cervical erosion.
- Dhoopan: It is the process in which fumigation if vulval and vaginal region is done by herbal medicines. Mostly, it is done after delivery to reduce watery secretions, pus and wound discharge.
- KsharPratisaran: It is an application of Kshar (ash obtained by burning herbs) over affected areas, mainly cervical erosion and cervicitis.
- Shirodhara: Shirodhara is continuous & gentle pouring of medicated oil, liquids or decoction on the forehead. Shirodhara immediately calms, relaxes and has a cleansing effect on mind and nerves. It can help relieve symptoms of anxiety, menopausal stress, stress due to infertility, fatigue & hypertension. Shirodhara has been used to treat vertigo, sleeplessness, disturbed sleep, psoriasis, depression, headache, etc.
Mene ek ladki ke sath kiss or fingering kiya tha Pichle mahine but uski iss mahine periods date 10 days above ho gaya hai, kya wo sex ki wajah se ho raha hai? please tell me the ans please plz.
Sneha and Arun walked into my cabin. The couple was excited about the first baby. It was just third month of pregnancy and second visit to me. This time the mother was also accompanying the couple. The mother looked happy and watchful too. After the consultation we had a quick chat and then they got up to leave. This time Arun allowed the mother to exit first and turned back with a shy smile. Sneha looked in two minds… Whether to ask or not to ask? And I knew the question that was coming my way. As expected the question was about whether they could have sex or no?
Most Indian couples do not discuss this with anyone. They rely on myths and beliefs or lay literature. This adds further confusion! Like the famous Shake sphere’s quote “To do or not to do, that is the real (unanswered) question” for the young couples. Commonly people believe that sex during pregnancy is a big NO- NO. People believe that intercourse can harm the pregnancy. Surprisingly many doctors also advice the same to their patients! While few advice not to have sex in first three months and some advice not to have sex when the bump grows bigger!! So what does the evidence say?
Well, there is a clear scientific evidence that sex during pregnancy can NOT harm the baby per say. However there are few conditions such as placenta praevia (placenta is low placed), repeated miscarriages, opened up or short cervix, previous premature deliveries or if there is bleeding or leaking most doctors will advise against intercourse. It is important to understand that the baby is inside a balloon of water which is inside the uterus. The lower end of the uterus called cervix is closed and plugged with a mucus plug which does not allow entry of even germs (microorganisms) upwards.
The baby inside the balloon of water in the uterus which has closed cervix
However it is also important to understand that although the baby is protected the woman can contact infections from her male partner. These infections could be simple fungal infection, bacterial, viral infection too. In order to prevent such infections it is better to use a condom (or barrier contraceptive). During the pregnancy the hormones in the body surge making the tissues softer and congested. So a pregnant woman may rarely experience few drops of bleeding after intercourse.
So here are few tips for the young couples:
- In first three months pregnant woman may feel exhausted due to nausea, vomiting and may not feel interested in sex. The partner must understand her problem and support her.
- In second trimester and third trimester, the increasing bump needs to be taken into consideration. Change of position may help. Many women find “side to side” or “woman on top” position more comfortable.
- Especially after six months most women may find it more and more uncomfortable. Some may feel minimal uterine contractions which are “innocent”. Intimacy does not necessarily mean penetrative sexual intercourse. The couple can make love without penetrative intercourse too.
- In this delicate period of pregnancy, women undergo a complete emotional and physical turmoil. The partner must encourage her, caress her, support her. Sexual intercourse is perfectly fine if the woman is comfortable. Expression of love is important and being intimate is a necessity!