Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh V RelanYour feedback matters!
If you are experiencing difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing, shortness of breath and low blood pressure, you might have been affected with acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS. This is a fatal lung condition in which the supply of oxygen to the lungs and into the blood gets prevented. The symptoms of this syndrome develop within two days of the illness. Here are 10 important facts about ARDS you should know about:
Because of the low level of oxygen in the blood, the organs of the body may not function properly. The kidneys and brain require constant oxygen-rich blood supply and there are chances of organ failure due to ARDS.
Commonly, people who get ARDS are already in hospital for some other health problem. People who are not hospitalised may get ARDS because of conditions such as pneumonia.
In ARDS, the tiny blood vessels of the lungs leak more fluid than usual into the air sacs of the lungs. This happens because of infections, injuries or some other condition. The lungs cannot get filled up with air and sufficient oxygen is prevented from getting pumped into the bloodstream.
Several factors also lead to ARDS. These include sepsis, severe bleeding due to any injury on the head or chest, breathing in harmful smoke, or inhaling vomited content of the stomach from the mouth.
People who are prone to ARDS have some condition that may injure their lungs directly or indirectly.
The initial symptoms of ARDS include a feeling of not getting sufficient air in the lungs, low oxygen levels in the blood and rapid breathing. The diagnosis of ARDS depends on your medical history and the results from several tests and physical examinations.
The treatment of ARDS is undertaken by oxygen therapy, medicines and fluids. A patient with ARDS is likely to develop some other health condition while in the hospital, such as lung scarring, blood clots, infections and pneumothorax.
Many people recover from ARDS completely while others keep on facing certain health problems, such as shortness of breath, muscle weakness, depression and fatigue. Problems related to memory and clear thinking are also indicated.
By improving your quality of life, you can recover from ARDS. You need the support and encouragement of your family and friends. You must avoid smoking and keep away from any kind of lung irritant.
- The treatment for ARDS has showed progress in the recent years. Hence, more people are recovering from this condition. New treatment procedures are being researched on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My friend is married anfgot delayed period for more than one month n still shez not pregnant .n dis happens to her since she got married what could be d reason behind it?
5 dietary precautions to take during pregnancy
1. Avoid food cooked outside home.
2. Focus on foods rich in proteins, minerals and vitamins
3. Eat everything in moderation
4. You do not have to eat for two people. 300 calorie extra and above your diet is required by most from 4th month onwards.
5. Learn about your body, thin women need more calories while obese will have to restrict their diet.
Hello mam/sir she had periods on 14 november of this month and we had unprotected sex on 17 november after 10 to 15 mint I give her unwanted 72 to and after 22 november she is bleeding and now before todays ago she had STOMACHACHE what should she do. Is there any chances to get pregnant.
I'm suffering from vaginal itching. Can you please suggest some medicines for that? Do I consult with a doctor?
Is it safe to travel in pregnancy during 4th month in a train? Actually we are living in Delhi and wishes to visit our native place at Andhra Pradesh which is above 2000km journey and 34 to 36 hrs journey. Last menstrual period was 28.01. 2016. Already have history of abortion after bleeding in October 2015.
I have sex on 23 july with full protection and now I am having delay in my periods as generally I used to get periods two or three days before my periods date but this tym I have delay . So I want to ask that is it normal? And what might be the cause behind this delay? And suggest some pills taken in case of pregnancy.
I used to maturbate almost daily, and have sex on mind always, im 31 years male married but wife is unromantic. What should I do?
I have pcod. M taking metmorfin 500 mg 2 times a day and krimson 35. The day before yesterday my 21 day pill pack ended and yesterday my partner rubbed his unprotected penis on my butt. Is their any possibility if he didn't ejaculate to get pregnant? Is it possible if there was sperm in precum to flow inside vagina and m on pill and still can get pregnant?
My friend has abnormal vaginal bleeding she took contraceptive pills 11 days before. And her menstruation period lies on 24to 27.
I am 23 years female. I am facing vaginal irritation n inflammation. I had sex for the first time day before yesterday. Please help me how will I cure it? I can't tell to any1 as I am unmarried please help me.
I am six month pregnant. I feel something like pop corn is bursting in my stomach. But from yesterday this symptom is disappeared. Is my baby Okay or not. Or any kind of risk.
What is the normal size of ovary. I am pcod patient and my ovary size is right ovary 3.84 cm x 1.71 cm x 3.61 volume 12. 41 cc (approx), left ovary 4.51 cm x 1.74 cm x 3.68 cm volume 15. 12 cc. Is it too serious and ovaries also paining.
Types, symptoms and treatment for ligament injuries
She is my close friend when she will come to home I am getting diff kind of feeling shall I ask to sex ?
There are few things more exhausting or more irritating than the four month long Indian summer. With soaring temperatures and the sun raging outside, mangoes and lychees don't seem like much of a silver lining.
So, here are 8 health hacks that will make your summer a little better:
- Replace soft drinks with water: When you are out on the streets or sweating at home, a sweet fizzy drink does seem tempting but try resisting and have a glass of sparkling water instead. The preservatives and chemicals in the soft drinks do nothing to help your metabolism, which is slowed down by dehydration. Add a bit of lemon juice if only water does not appeal to you.
- Try yoghurt instead of ice cream: The primary difference between the two is that one contains cream and the other does not. Yoghurt is lighter and has lesser fat content. Excess fat consumption during summer actually makes you sweat more.
- Use honey instead of butter: Butter like cream has a heavy fat content and your metabolism (which is slower in summer to retain water in the body) takes longer to break fat down. So, ditch butter this summer and spread some honey on your crunchy breakfast toast.
- Stock up on cucumber: Cucumber is an underrated blessing. You can munch on them anytime you like without worrying about calorie intake or stomach aches. Rubbing some cucumber on your skin can soothe sunburns and itches.
- Aloe Vera can work wonders: You must have heard about the boon that aloe vera is when it comes to skincare. It is the best solution to nasty sunburns, especially aloe vera gel frozen in small Ziploc bags, can heal burns and prevent skin peeling and chaffing.
- Lower the pH value of your skin: Application of citrus fruit juices like apples and lemons or vinegar can lower the pH value of our skin and prevent the multiplication of bacteria. This keeps both sweat and body odor away much more effectively than deodorants.
- Make small sacrifices in terms of diet: Some of your favorite things like coffee, alcohol, spicy food, sugar and cigarettes are best consumed minimally in summer because they all aggravate the functioning of the apocrine glands and cause sweat and body odor.
- Shower before you workout: One of the good things about summer might be that you have an excuse to skip work out. But, if you start with a cold shower or a swim, or keep a cold, wet towel round your neck, workout can be surprisingly refreshing. You can do the same after your workout, it lowers the body temperature and cooling the muscles can heal soreness very quickly.