Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ramana AiyerYour feedback matters!
My son is four years old and is coughing for two months aftr medicine its reduced but again gets started need some permanent cure.
Hello. My younger son is 4 months 15 days old. He just started rolling and rolled only once. His bit th weight is 3.5 kgs. But he is still 6.5 kgs ,looks like tiny baby and not chubby at all. I had severe chickenpox at 6 month of pregnancy. Has this affected?
My baby boy is 8 month old he has continuous cold cough and running nose and sometime fever what medicine should I provide him pls tell me.
Hi, I have four and half year old kid, he always had complained about cold and cough, two weeks past Nas the climate changed, he suffered with nasal blockage cold and cough. As usual we grated him with medicine, but my concern this time was we never he gets little cold he goes thru nasal blockage and is not able to breathe thru his nose. So we took out x-ray. And it showed enlarged adenoids. So physician, pediatrician, we're consulted they said it has to be removed by endoscopic surgery. And being a parent it's hard for me to decide to put my baby thru this surgery. My concern is can it be treated? Do I need to to repeat the x-ray or was it because he was severe cold the adenoids were showing enlarged. But still, and wen it comes to breathing he breathes most of thee time with his mouth. Can it be treated with homeopathy? If I don't opt for surgery? Advise needed.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
hello doctor, my name is sanjay kumar singh and I am having a girl child of 2 year and 7 months. She is a pre mature child and born on the seventh month from the expected. As soon she was born she has been transferred to the nursery for 21 days, so she was not able to take the birth milk from her mother. Her weight was 850gm when she was born. Sir, she is now 2.7 year but she is not able to walk. Also she can't balance her body. She is having a lump of nerves on her right leg. Earlier we were scared that it was a cancer but doctor said it's only lump of nerves which will get dissolve as she will grow up. We had consulted a pediatric for my kid and also asked him for the problem of her balancing. That doctor told us that my kid has some problem regarding to her brain development and he has referred us to neurologist and physiotherapist. Now, my kid is going through physiotherapy and slight changes has been noticed. As she is ready to walk after holding my fingers but as I leave my hand from her. She got disbalnced and fell down. Before physiotherapy she cross her legs while walking but now this problem has been resolved. She us naughty and active baby but didn't speak full sentences. Only didi, mummy, jai ho, papa and so many small words.
My baby is 7 mnths old.He weighted 8kg when he was 4mnths old.But nw his weight is 6.5kg. Why is it so. What is the best diet for 7 months old baby ?
Try variety of foods as by this age increasing the variety the appetite/palatability improves.Add ghee generously if tolerated to increase the calorie value of diet.In compare to protein and carbohydrate calorie value of fat is thrice.
Give at least one katori serving at a time of- mashed roti/bread/biscuit mixed in sweetened undiluted milk or mashed roti/rice/bread/dosa mixed with thick dal with added ghee/oil or khichadi with added ghee.Add cooked vegetables in the servings.You can also give dalia/suji ka halwa/kheer prepared in milk or any cereal porridge cooked in milk.You can give mashed boiled potato also.
Give banana,papaya,cheeko,mango to meet the vitamin's requirement.
Give these servings 3 times per day. Feed the baby in your lap with your hands.Don't force.If needed give small amount and increase the frequency of feeds.