Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ramakanthan GautamaYour feedback matters!
I am using daily this tablet (coveram5mg) my age 46 yeas old my job is driving 12 hours & cholesterol have 8.5 using tablet lorvast total start 2 month finish this tablet using permanent for life.
I feel breathing problem and I almost did every test but the reports are ok please will you help me out and my height is 6.2 inches and weight is 100 age 25.
I am 34 years old and am 65kg by weight. I am a teacher. My problem is that I have a slight pain in left side of my chest. Its not pain always its something like feeling weighty on this side. Need advice?
Hello sir/madam. My grandfather is 83 years old. He is a heart patient and has high b. P. Problem too. He has suffered 2 heart attacks till now. So the problem is that almost a week ago, his nose was bleeding and blood pressure was also increased(170-180 mm hg). The local doctor opinioned that the bleeding was only due to high b. P. The bleeding continued for a few days and stopped. Then again started after some days. Now, it has stopped completely. The reason for high b. P. Is stress due some family problems. I want to ask that is this a signal of something dangerous in the future? what should I do? please help.
Non evasive method of getting your heart bolckage checked for perfect results ? Please do not suggest angiography.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.
High blood pressure can remain undiagnosed for years, because most people don't experience significant symptoms. Occasionally, some people with hypertension may have headaches, dizziness, or nosebleeds, but in most cases, hypertension goes undetected. This is why hypertension is known as “the Silent Killer.” When blood is flowing to body organs at elevated pressures, changes occur in your blood vessels that can result in damage to the eyes, kidneys, and other organs.
What Is Hypertension
If hypertension remains unrecognized, medical complications occur that could often be prevented with early treatment and good blood pressure control.
Measuring Your Blood Pressure
The only accurate way to determine whether or not you have hypertension is by measurement of your blood pressure. The diagnosis of hypertension is usually made after three elevated readings have been obtained, so when you measure your blood pressure, you should be aware of things that can cause a temporary rise in your numbers. Some things that can elevate your blood pressure include:
“White Coat Hypertension”
“White Coat Hypertension” refers to the increase in blood pressure you may experience when visiting your doctor. Often, your doctor will wait until you’ve settled into your visit to repeat measurement of an initially high blood pressure reading. Smoking and caffeine constrict your arteries, which results in elevated blood pressure measurement.
Your sympathetic nervous system reacts to exercise and stress by redistributing blood flow, which can also alter your blood pressure. You should measure your blood pressure at the same time each day, to get a consistent reading.