Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rama RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello I am 30 years old, from last 3-4 years I feel some sadness, worries and fear of losing my husband. I feel all anxiety attack symptoms, heart palpitation, always fell to cry, suicidal thoughts, guilt, hopelessness, inability to feel pleasure, loneliness, loss of interest, mood swings, panic attack, sadness, or emotional distress. My behavior like excessive crying, irritability, self-harm, or social isolation, running thoughts mostly negative So my physiatrist told that I am patient Major depressive disorder and anxiety and prescribed Stalopam 10 mg (half tablet for 2 days and after that 1 per day). He said I’ll be totally fine within 2 week. Will this medicine work and will I be fine for always.
My mother was 65 years old she is diabetic patient also b. P and knee problem her left shoulder and hand musles are very pain tell me solutions.
Sir, little pain in left side of chest. What is reason. I am 24 male. Pain occur any time but when I am running or do push ups I felt better.
Meri patni ka mitral heart valve replacement 12 saal pahle kiya hae. Woh warfarain ki goli leti he. Kya use ma banne me koe taklif hogi?
I have been smoking for almost 2 years and now I am suffering from chest pain and felling pain in my throat so how to get rid of this.
My mom is having a problem of sleeping. Her blood pressure also fluctuates. Doctors suggested her to take rivotril, but after taking that her head becomes heavy and instead of sleep at night she keeps on drowning in the whole day. His BP is also not stable.
I am19 years old male, I started having chest pain after I smoked 20 cigarettes in a span of 5 hours about a week ago, After that I started having upper back, lung pain when I lied down sometimes or after smoking. Now I'm just experiencing chest pain in the muscles above the ribcage when I smoke or touch or press those muscles. I have never experienced such conditions before, I had my echo test done a couple of years back before I started smoking, everything was fine then.
I am a heart patient my bypass surgery had done in 2008 I am also a diabetic patient please suggests me tablets.
My blood pressure always high whenever I measure it recently I donate blood at that time it was 138.5/90 And yesterday I measure due to illness it was 160/90 Kindly suggest me how to control my bp Thanks.
My blood pressure tends to become high and than low in my assessment record maintained for a week. What should I do?
I have various sizes cysts in my kidney. The largest size of cysts in right side is 43x40 mm and in left side 26x26 mm. My name is Sanjeet Jha, I am 38 years old and 73 kg. Of weight. I have high blood pressure and I am taking pills for the same after medication bp is 125/85. Please suggest what have to do for cysts in kidney.
Hi My problem is heart is paining upper side middle side lower side and back side at least 4 months and I am check on dtd. April .16 lipid profile . Normal report ECHO. Normal Report TMT. Normal Report ECG . On dtd 25. July.2016 Normal report MRI. C3. 4.5.6 and 7 nurvse roots r mild diffuse please advise this is heart related issue or a cerival problem please reply.
I am 20 years old and have been detected with high cholesterol a month ago my reports are = ldl - 141 hdl- 51 vldl - 24 tc/hdlc ratio - 4.29 ldlc/hdlc ratio - 2.81. But it was a month ago and I am sure that my ldl has been reduced, but my course is still continue, I have been taking lipifol d3 for it and I am going to check my cholesterol after 15 days But a knew problem has arrived As I was taking more stress for cholesterol my BP has rise to 166/94 & why head was paining badly & after 1 day my BP has reduced to 142/85 & my head pain has stopped but I am continuously feeling pulsating sensation nerve everywhere in my head And my nose part between eyes is paining. Actually my head was paining 3 days before checking my BP Is it something serious and my doctor has told that it is also because of cholesterol and once it get controlled it will stop please have your opinion about it and is neurobin forte ok for me.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart.
Related Tip: Heart Care in Your Hands