Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rama RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am in tamilnadu but now I am studying in Delhi Respected sir on my 20 year old on that time all were talking about death and heart attack by that talking affected to my mind that I think heart attack me to also come this time after two minutes come like that my mind thinking So I can not sleep well and I can't study well all time this thinking is coming to my mind please help me I so need yours help because I can't live normally some time I think like this any car dash me by this my memories loss this is better to me like that I am thinking so help me sir please help me sir please recover me I have lot of aims but I can't work for that please help me.
I am 62 years old. I have BP and taking medicine telecast H ,Homo 16, ecosprin 75 and metafast H.For diabetic no medication try to control with food intake. After eating meal fill much heaviness in stomach upper part. Is this due to increase in intestine size. Kindly advice me.
My mother has fluctuating BP, can I give her Nutrilite Glucosamine HCl with Bosewella, is there any risk? Thank You.
I am suffering my heart. Its not working properly I am not know my in hole and valve problem. So you solve this matter.
My age is 21 and my hand and body shivering many time whenever that wark which is doing in pressure or little work some time my hand shaking than heart beat increasing and thn I can not typing properly and heart beat increase.
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.