Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrajapatiYour feedback matters!
I have black spots on my back and in my chest what should I do to get rid of it? can you suggest me some medicine?
How to get a good pink lips My lips are not pink in colour it's have some dark spots I want to remove my darkness fromm my lips.
I travel on bike for 1 and half hour every day. There is lot of pollution outside. My skin tone is white . But now a days my hands skin tone is turning to back. What I have to do to prevent this happening? Can you recommend any Lotions for dry skin?
I have got so many pimples on my face with dark spots in which I have lost my glowing skin. What should I take in my diet to recover this?
Hi! I have pigmentation marks or don't know acne marks on my face and under my arms fats. How to get rid of these? Please assist me. Thank you
Hi my baby is 7 month. He was having green slight runny stool 5 6 times a day. We consulted doctor and he asked for stool test and also prescribed lepicol probiotic capsules half at a time 2 times a day. Later when the stool test results came doc said its normal and to continue with probiotic for 6 days. Everything else is NIL in the result .But RBC is 0-1/hpf and pus cells is 1-2/hpf. So I am still concerned on this. Need second opinion on this. Pls help.
Corns and calluses are defined as thickened and hardened areas of the skin, which are formed due to excess pressure, friction or rubbing in a particular area. They generally form at the bottom of the feet and can cause discomfort and pain while walking. Corns usually form on the sides and tops of toes. There are several variants of corn such as hard corn, soft corn and seed corns. Calluses typically form in areas which undergo high friction. It can appear on hands and feet. Read on to find more about corns and calluses.
1. In some cases, corns or calluses may form due to improper walking motion but in most cases corns and calluses form due to wearing shoes which fit in an improper manner.
2. High heels in particular are a major reason for the formation of corns and calluses. Other reasons include foot deformities or wearing shoes and sandals without socks.
3. Corns and calluses have a risk of being infected by bacteria which causes the infected region to secrete pus or fluid.
There are different types of corns and calluses and each of them have different symptoms during their formation.
1. A callus is a small patch of dead skin which can form anywhere in the body but usually in places which undergo friction.
2. A hard corn is a patch of hard skin which is located outside the little toe or on top of a toe.
3. A soft corn is a sensitive red patch of skin which is typically found between toes.
4. A seed corn is a painful patch of dead skin which typically forms on the ball of the foot or on the heel.
If you have developed a corn or a callus it is advisable to consult a doctor as they can correctly differentiate between warts and calluses. Use of moleskin around the corn or callus usually reduces the pressure from the affected region. Oral antibiotic medication can also be prescribed by your physician. Certain moisturising creams also help treating corns and calluses. Opt for stronger moisturising creams after consulting your doctor if regular ones are not helping. In certain instances corns and calluses may need to be surgically removed.