Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakhi Jha
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi JhaYour feedback matters!
Thanksgiving is a time for people to pause and give thanks for the many things they are grateful for. Men, of course, may not share how thankful they are to have a penis (and hopefully one that is in good penis health), but it's something they definitely appreciate. At this season, if a man cannot give thanks for the state of his penis health currently, perhaps he needs to take some steps so that next year he is in a better position to do so.
With that in mind, we offer these penis health tips. They can help a man maintain and/or improve the state of his favorite organ.
Penis health tips
Many of these tips fall under the category of common sense - but that doesn't mean all men follow them! For example:
- Visit the doctor. Many guys are reluctant to see their physicians on a regular basis, but that's necessary to make sure everything is okay health-wise. A guy needs to be sure to bring up any concerns he has about his penis. And he needs to be tested for any possible infections if he is sexually active. Many guys don't want to know if they've picked up an STI - but scary as it may be, knowing the information can enable a man to do something about the situation (and keep him from spreading an infection to a partner).
- Wear a condom. If a guy is sexually active, he needs to wear a condom unless he is in a monogamous relationship. While a condom cannot be 100% effective at preventing pregnancy or stopping an STI, it significantly decreases the risk of either.
- Talk to any partners. Many men don't take the time to find out whether their partners may be at risk of transmitting an infection, whether serious or minor - and their penis health can suffer for that. Taking the time to have an honest discussion can pay off.
- Get plenty of rest. A man's penis may not ever sleep, as nocturnal erections are commonplace - but it benefits from the rest of the body getting the rest that it needs. The penis will have more pep and energy if a guy gets the requisite amount of shut-eye.
- And exercise. Penis health is, to some extent, dependent on overall health. When a guy is in good shape and exercises to keep his heart and body healthy, the penis benefits - especially from the increased blood flow and oxygenation that exercise creates.
- Give the penis its own exercise. "Use it or lose it" is a phrase that applies to the penis. The more activity a penis sees, whether with a partner or just with its owner's hand, the healthier it is - within reason, of course. It is possible to overdo the sex and masturbation, which can result in soreness and/or de-sensitization of the penis.
- Use lubricant. In many cases, especially where masturbation is concerned, lubrication is required to keep the penis from getting rubbed raw.
- Don't smoke. Smoking is bad for general health, of course - and the potential impact it can have on the heart and lungs can translate into difficulties with erections and with a man's sexual endurance.
- Use a health crème. Guys who want to give thanks for their excellent penis health need to be sure to regular apply a top rank penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Be sure to find one that includes both L-arginine and L carnitine. The former is an amino acid which helps boost nitric oxide, which in turn keeps penile blood vessels open for increased flow. The latter is neuroprotective, helping to restore loss of sensation in the penis due to rough handling.