Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi BhandariYour feedback matters!
My front two upper teeth have gap in them so what would be the cost of bracing for them and for how much time it will be required to improve. please suggest the price also.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers they are too painful I drink coconut water everyday but can not see any improvements.
I have not clean my tongue since last few months. What should I do to clean it now and remove the bad breadth.
I got mouth ulcer I used also oral medication but resolved. Please tell me permanent solution for ulcer?
Doctor my age is 49 years. Last six month I am very depressed family problem .last month in my teeth blood is coming. So give me advice for this problem. Thanking you.
My lower teeth is broken from the edge,rest portion is solid,please let me know what type of treatment I should take,Should I replace the teeth or is there any solution to repair it.Thanks
Hi doctor! I'm 21 years old. My teeth is so weak from the root. It's not broken or something like that. There is no bleeding or pain or infection. What should I do? What is the cause of this?
Sir I have problem with facial upper and lower joints. Joints have became full tight I can not open my mouth easily. Recently I have removed one wisdom teeth. Due to non availability of space please help me. I get headache also.
Sir. I have very bad odour in my mouth. I brush daily 3 times in a day. please help me sir how to get solution for prevent of bad odour.
I am 57 yrs old. My teeth is broken smal piece and the place is blank. But I get more pain three four days in a week. I am a by pass surgery person done on 01/03/2008. What should I do?please advice me.
Hi Doctor, My problem is in my mouth weekly two times lasers are formed and very painful and how to take precautions to this problem.
I get acidity very fast when I drink tea or coffee. I have some ulcer like things on my tongue. My tongue feels dry and rough sometimes. I get a burning sensation in my tongue and mouth when I have acidity due to drinking tea. How can I heal my tongue. - Jeff.
Dear sir I AM having jaw pain on left side from last two months, I had refer to dentist and had X Ray of mouth and also refer to bone doctor and had MRI of TMJ and taking medicines from last 1 month but still I am not relived with pain please suggest me where should I Refer.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.