Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raju
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajuYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant (having 12 week ), I am feeling weakness & tired . My hemoglobin is 11.2 Kindly suggest me suitable medicine.
It has been observed that roughly 3 out of 4 antibacterial bars and soaps contain triclosan which is a certain type of drug previously used in hospital premises. The usage of triclosan in other products like hand wash and gels is yet to be verified and proven safe. Due to lack of proper evaluation there have been a number of instances where antibacterial soap has done more harm than good. Here are a few reasons why you must reconsider using antibacterial soap:
1. It creates bacterial resistance
Triclosan is closely associated with a number of health issues, bacterial resistance being the chief among them. Repeated usage of antibacterial soap can promote the growth of antibiotic resistant bacteria. It might effectively terminate regular bacteria but it is basically useless against the resistant bacteria. The bacteria resistant formula present in these hand washes might cause complications in the long run.
2. It can potentially disrupt endocrine functions
Triclosan has a close resemblance to the thyroid hormone and hence can tip off its receptor sites. This occurrence can lead to major complications like artificially induced early puberty, fertility issues, obesity and sometimes even cancer. Hence it can be said that antibacterial soaps should be avoided in order to prevent such far reaching side effects.
3. It can cause serious health problems in children
Triclosan present in certain hand wash can adversely affect the development of the immune system in children. At a growing age, children develop natural resistance to certain diseases. Prolonged use of antibacterial hand wash and soap can diminish their exposure to bacteria and obstruct the proper development of their immune system. Therefore it is safer to use normal soaps instead which are as effective and do not contain triclosan.
4. It is extremely harmful for the environment
Prolonged and regular usage of hand wash containing triclosan would in turn increase the amount of this drug that gets flushed through the drainage. Triclosan is generally left untreated in the sewage treatment plants which later enters the water bodies and disrupts the food chain since it primarily affects the growth of algae. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Kya vagina khud tight ya loose hoti he? Q K 5th months pehle physical hui thi to kia ye ab b loose hogi?
I have ovarian cysts, few days before I had an acute lower abdominal pain and was later diagnosed as internal hemorrhaging cyst. And thus had a infection. I was hospitalised for few days. Now I am better and on lupride injections for 3 months. Please suggest if I can do gyming and exercise.
कढ़ी पौधे का वैज्ञानिक नाम मुराया कोइनेगी स्प्रेंग है और यह रूटासी परिवार के अंतर्गत आता है। यह भारत के मूल है और आमतौर पर उष्णकटिबंधीय और उपोष्णकटिबंधीय क्षेत्रों में पाया जाता है। चीन, ऑस्ट्रेलिया, नाइजीरिया और सीलोन जैसे अन्य देशों में इसकी खेती की जाती है। आम तौर पर कढ़ी पत्तों को स्वाद के लिए मसाले के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। आयुर्वेद में, माना जाता है कि कढ़ी पत्तियों में कई औषधीय गुण हैं जैसे मधुमेह, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, एंटीमायोटिक, विरोधी भड़काऊ, विरोधी कार्सिनोजेनिक और हेपेटो-सुरक्षात्मक (क्षति से जिगर को बचाने की क्षमता) गुण।
यह कार्बोहाइड्रेट, ऊर्जा, फाइबर, कैल्शियम, फास्फोरस, लोहा, मैग्नीशियम, तांबे और खनिजों जैसे पोषक तत्वों में समृद्ध है। इसमें निकोटीनिक एसिड और विटामिन सी, विटामिन ए, विटामिन बी, विटामिन ई, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, प्लांट स्टीरोल, एमिनो एसिड, ग्लाइकोसाइड्स और फ्लेवोनोइड जैसे विभिन्न विटामिन भी शामिल हैं।
कढ़ी पत्ते के फायदे
अधिकतर खाने के दौरान छोड़ दिया जातें हैं, लेकिन खपत करने पर वे कई स्वास्थ्य लाभ प्रदान कर सकते हैं, जैसे कि:
1. एनीमिया के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते लोहे और फोलिक एसिड का समृद्ध स्रोत हैं। फोलिक एसिड मुख्य रूप से लौह अवशोषण के लिए जिम्मेदार है।
2. दस्त के लिए: कढ़ी पत्तों अपच समस्याओं का इलाज करने में बहुत प्रभावी ढंग से मदद करता है। कढ़ी पत्तियों में मौजूद कारबज़ोल अल्कलॉइड्स में एंटी-अतिसार गुण होते हैं। कढ़ी पत्तों की चबाई दस्त और मितली का इलाज करने का एक अच्छा तरीका है।
3. पाचन के लिए: कढ़ी पत्तियों में कारमनेटिवे और हल्के रेचक गुण हैं और इस प्रकार, अपच के खिलाफ अत्यधिक प्रभावी हैं।
4. छाती और नाक में जमाव के लिए: यह विटामिन सी, ए और यौगिकों जैसे कैम्फेरोल जो कि एक बहुत ही शक्तिशाली एंटी-सूजन, विसंकुलक और एंटीऑक्सीडिव एजेंट है, के साथ पैक है। यदि आप एक गीली खाँसी, साइनसाइटिस या छाती में जमाव से पीड़ित हैं, कढ़ी पत्तियों से श्लेष्म के जमाव को रिलीज करने में मदद मिल सकती है।
5. दृष्टि के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते में उच्च मात्रा में विटामिन ए होता है और इसलिए दृष्टि के लिए अच्छा है।
6. रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को बनाए रखने के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते इंसुलिन गतिविधि को प्रभावित करके रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को कम कर देते हैं।
7. कीमोथेरपी के दुष्प्रभावों को कम कर सकते हैं: कढ़ी पत्तों में कीमोथेरेपी और रेडियोथेरेपी के खराब प्रभाव से शरीर की रक्षा करने की अद्भुत क्षमता होती है। यह न केवल क्रोमोसोम और अस्थि-मज्जा को नुकसान से बचाता है बल्कि शरीर में मुक्त कणों का उत्पादन भी रोकता है।
8. कैंसर के लिए: कढ़ी पत्तों में पाए जाने वाले रासायनिक घटकों जैसे फ़िनॉल ल्यूकेमिया, प्रोस्टेट और कोलोरेक्टल जैसे कैंसर से लड़ने में सहायक होते हैं।
9. लंबे, स्वस्थ और सुंदर बालों के लिए: कढ़ी पत्ते हमेशा बाल के भूरे होने को रोकने में मदद करने के लिए जाना जाता है। यह क्षतिग्रस्त बालों, लंगड़ा बालों को बाउंस जोड़ने, पतले बालों की शाफ्ट को मजबूत करने, बाल गिरने और रूसी का इलाज करने में बहुत प्रभावी है। कढ़ी पत्ते बालों को पोषक तत्वों की विस्तृत श्रृंखला प्रदान करते हैं जो कि रोम को मजबूत करने में सहायता करता है। कढ़ी पत्ते में उच्च मात्रा में विटामिन बी 6 होते हैं, जो बालों के झड़ने या नुकसान को रोकने के लिए बालों के लिए हार्मोन को नियंत्रित करने में सक्षम है। इसलिए, उनके पास बालों की जड़ और बाल शाफ्ट दोनों को मजबूत करने की क्षमता है।
कढ़ी पत्ते बालों के विकास के लिए एक महान उत्तेजक के रूप में भी काम करते हैं। तेल में मिलाकर सूखी कढ़ी पत्ती पाउडर अपने बालों को एक त्वरित मालिश के साथ लागू किया जा सकता है।
10. कोलेस्ट्रॉल के स्तर को कम करता है: एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स से भरा, कढ़ी पत्ते कोलेस्ट्रॉल के ऑक्सीकरण को रोक के एलडीएल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को बनने से रोकते हैं। यह बदले में अच्छे कोलेस्ट्रॉल (एचडीएल) की मात्रा बढ़ाने में मदद करता है और आपके शरीर को हृदय रोग और एथेरोस्लेरोसिस जैसी स्थितियों से बचाता है।
Hello .my wife have used the MTP kit and got abortion. And we have undergone ultra scan in that the there is a blood endometrial canal. And then doctor suggested the cytolog at 29/04/17. And one on 30. Night 10: 30 she used it but no bleeding is started.
My baby is of 2 years and feeds his mother but he is very habitual of feeding and does not want to eat anything so how to keep away from feeding.
We had sex on 8, 9, 13 Nov without condom but I had not released my sperm inside her vagina. Her period start always 22 -24 Nov but till now her period is not start. Today is 29 Nov we have checked urine pregnancy test. The result is negative. But why her period is not start till now. Please help me.
Hello Doctor, my first day of last period was on 20 March, and on 5th April I got a sharp pain in lower stomach same as that of period, mild cramping lasted for 4 days and after that, now and then from 2 days I feel slight pain or in better words some kind of sensation on my lower right of abdomen. I also have bit itching in my vaginal opening. Could I be pregnant?
My lmp was 15 nov. I had bleeding so my doctor gave me hcg 5000 mg and progesterone 200 mg injections biweekly. Can I take them both at the same time. Is there any side effect of these injections on me or my baby.
I had sex with my husband yesterday (15th april) and I finished my period cycle on 5th of april. Its only 1 year completed of our married life and we both were not prepared mentally to conceive a baby right now. We have used condom during our intercourse. And the number of condoms he used to cover his penis is 2. He injected for 2 times and pulled out. But he hadn't ejaculated for a very long time. He got his fluid after we had fingering. I stopped him doing sex after he injected twice and pulled me. I am extremely worried about that whether there is a chance of getting pregnant or do I need to take birth control pills. He used his hands for fingering into my vagina without washing them. Please do respond at the earliest. I am having a little bit of abdominal pain right now.(the condom slipped once while he pulled the penis out of the vagina. Is loose motions in this case are the earliest sign of being pregnant? He was not in direct contact with penis due to condom protection. As per my case I am facing lower abdominal pain and frequent urination from 27th of april i. E today. Am I pregnant?
The three main kinds of condoms -- latex, polyurethane, and animal skin (lambskin) -- all help prevent pregnancy. But protection from disease is another story.
Organic or animal-skin condoms are often made from the intestinal lining of sheep. These won’t prevent sexually transmitted infections. Viruses can get through tiny holes in them, even though sperm can’t.
Latex condoms are the most popular and usually the most inexpensive. Polyurethane condoms are good for people with latex allergies. They are thinner but tend to feel looser.
I am 26 years old. On July 17, we had intercourse. A week later I developed swollen breasts with no other pregnancy symptoms. At the time of my expected period i.e. On 29th July, I had a very high fever of around 103-104 degrees along with my regular period with regular length and regular flow. I was treated with antibiotics for a course of 5 days till I recovered. Later it took a week for me to recover from the weakness (may be due to antibiotics). This month we have not tried at all and I got my period on 28th August. But there is a heavy flow only for a day and it all completed in just 3 days whereas normally it lasts for 6-7 days with all the spotting. Is it possible that I am pregnant but if I were, I would be already in my 3rd month, but I do not have any symptoms at all- not even the swollen breasts that I had the last month.
I am having a menstrual cycle problem its not proper nd its not on tym. If flow starts it continue to 20 days nd the flow is very less nd again after 10 days I get down. Nd you had taken hemophatic medicines nd ayurvedic too. Soo I am in big doubt what I should do nw.
I am 23 years old. I have the following problems. 1. A very very mild left lower abdomen pain. Which comes better as soon as i release gas 2. I feel a little bloated 3. A very mild lower back pain that comes and goes 4. Dizziness after I eat regarding my periods. I got it when I was 14 and it has been very irregular since then. Earlier for 2-3 years I used to get it after every 2 months. When I used to take medicines my periods would be regular but once I stopped it became irregular again. However since last 4-5 months my periods automatically quite regular it comes every month if not on same date. Last I had was on 2nd august. I had a scan 2 yrs back which was normal. My fear Is I came across the symptoms of ovarian cancer on google. Does this period fluctuations and above mentioned problems means I have ovarian cancer? I am very scared.
Pregnancy can have a number of complications. One of these is known as placental abruption. This is a serious yet uncommon complication. The placenta is a structure in the uterus that nourishes the growing baby. In rare cases, this placenta can get peeled off- partially or completely, before delivery. This is known as placenta abruption and deprives the baby of oxygen and essential nutrients and can cause the mother to experience heavy bleeding. If left untreated, this condition can put the life of both the baby and mother in jeopardy.
The cause of placental abruption has is still not known, but there are a number of conditions that can increase the risk of suffering from this condition. This includes:
- A prior placental abruption
- High blood pressure
- Abdominal trauma such as a fall or blow to the abdomen
- Substance abuse or smoking
- Premature rupturing of the amniotic sac that surrounds the baby
- Any condition that reduces your blood’s ability to clot
- Multiple pregnancies
- Pregnancy after the age of 40
A placental abruption can be diagnosed through blood tests, an ultrasound and a non stress test to check the baby’s heart rate. Placental abruption affects the life the mother and baby in many ways. For the mother, it can result in excessive bleeding that triggers shock, blood clotting problems and the need for a blood transfusion. It can also cause kidney, liver and pituitary gland failure. Even after delivery, the mother may still experience vaginal bleeding. If this cannot be controlled, an emergency hysterectomy may also be required. The uterus may also not contract properly after delivery and the mother may need medication to help the uterus contract back to its original position.
Placental abruption deprives the baby of essential nutrients and can lead to premature birth or stillbirth. After delivery the baby may suffer from breathing and feeding difficulties. The baby may also be born with low levels of oxygen in the blood. Low blood pressure and low blood count can also be triggered by this condition. In severe cases, it can also lead to brain damage and death shortly after delivery.
Placental abruption can be prevented by following a healthy diet that helps regulate blood pressure. Get plenty of rest and take multivitamins regularly to reduce the risk of suffering from this condition. Lastly, if you experience any contractions or vaginal bleeding, consult your gynaecologist immediately.
Vitamin D is a vitamin that plays a critical role in maintaining the health of your bones, teeth and joints, as well as in assisting immune system function. But taking too much of it can cause Hypervitaminosis D, a rare but serious condition.
Hypervitaminosis D causes an exponential increase in the levels of calcium in your blood. And this can affect your bones, tissues, and other organs. The condition can also cause high blood pressure, bone loss, and severe kidney damage if not treated.
- You get Vitamin D from the foods you eat and by exposure to the sun. Still, there is severe Vitamin D deficiency in people living all over the world, including the tropics like India. These people are prescribed vitamin D supplements, a move which can misfire, causing hypervitaminosis D.
- Hypervitaminosis D occurs usually due to taking high-dose vitamin D supplements. The recommended dose for Vitamin D is 100 microgram per day. Anything over this, for several months, can cause Hypervitaminosis D.
- Some prescription medications used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases can cause an increase in vitamin D in the blood.
- Oestrogen therapy for post-menopausal women is another cause.
- Taking antacids for a long time increases the risk for getting hypervitaminosis D.
- Isoniazide, an anti-tuberculosis medication, can also lead to elevated levels of vitamin D.
You are more at risk for developing hypervitaminosis D if you take vitamin D supplements and have other health problems, such as:
Vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes - What is the relation?
- Vitamin D is most known for its role in bone health, but researchers are beginning to uncover its vital role in the function of the pancreas, the organ that secretes insulin.
- Doctors believe there is a link between vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes as studies have shown that people who have the lowest vitamin D levels in their blood are at an increased risk of developing T2D later in life. Similarly, most newly diagnosed diabetes patients have lower vitamin D levels than people without diabetes.
- Vitamin D is prescribed by doctors in type 2 diabetes to help improve the body’s insulin sensitivity and thus reduce the risk of insulin resistance, which is often a precursor to type 2diabetes.
- Vitamin D helps your body metabolise sugar in your blood as well as it regulates calcium, which also helps manage blood sugar.
- The trick is to not overdo the vitamin D supplementation as it may cause hypervitaminosis D.
Now what makes hypervitaminosis D doubly dangerous is that it can cause raise blood calcium levels. This can lead to a condition called hypercalcemia which means that there is too much calcium in your blood.
The collective symptoms of these two conditions are:
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Weight loss
- Excessive urination
- Dehydration due to water loss
- Irritability, nervousness, confusion
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
- Weak muscles
- Nausea, vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmias
If left untreated hypervitaminosis D can cause:
- Permanent damage to kidneys
- Kidney stones
- Kidney failure
- Excessive bone loss
- Calcification of arteries
So, be very careful while taking vitamin D, especially if you have an existent problem with your kidneys or heart. And don’t overdo the vitamin supplementation if you have diabetes- it can backfire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.