Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
1. The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
2. Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
3. The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
4. Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
1. Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
2. Avoid the sun at peak hours.
3. Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
4. Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
After baby my weight loss, before marriage my weight 45, I cant understand what should I do. Gain weight easy, I am eating non veg and fat food, infect I consulted doctor she told me drink beer I ll drink but no effect my body, please help me.
She is very thin, she is suffering from low weight, small breast and late periods. Give some suggestions to weight gain, breast gain and late periods.
Hi doctor I am 26 years old I thinking that I am present the symptoms is my body is unessay actually wt is symptoms for pregnancy give me ans.
Dear Doctors, Last month Feb 16, I had unprotected sex with my BF, and I took postpone72 tablet, And also I had my periods on Feb24 as normal, But this month, till now my periods not happening and I following a healthy diet Please help me, Is this effect of tablet or? Now I am ready for pregnant. Kindly suggest.
I had dry sex with my girlfriend. I didn't penetrate inside her ,in fact I didn't even ejaculate but my precum touches her private part. After 6-7 days her period was started normally. But after 1.5 days it was stopped. She said she had experienced this short term period before. But we scared. Can precum makes her pregnant? Please answer fast. Thanks.
1. Sesame seed
3. Collard green
6. Brazil nut
10. Flax seed
12. Dried fig
15. Soy products
Sir my age is 18 , I am a student , Nd I did sex with my lover without using safety before 17 days , she was afraid of medicines , until now she did not take any care about it but some people told me to keep papaya for her , she had eaten papaya , with that papaya pregnancy wil avoided or not ? Sir please help me.
I am 22 year old. I am having itching in my vaginal region from 10 days. Please suggest something to cure this problem.
I am pregnant for 3 months. I would like to know what are the proper foods I can take this time. Also would like to know the exercises I can do with pregnancy of 3 months.
I am married its been 5 months now my wife as no signs of pregnancy after intercourse when I remove penis out of vagina sperms come out is it common.
Dear Sir/Mam I hav read somewhere on net that by doing oral sex with women there are strong chances of having throat cancer? please tell me about the adverse effect of oral sex.
Hi. I am 21 and I got intimate with my boyfriend on 20th August 2016. We did not have sex but rubbed our genitals against each other naked. After a while he fingered me. He did not cum until later, in a tissue. I was worried about getting pregnant by fingering since there could have been pre-cum. I am a week late for my periods. The home pregnancy test done on 30th September came negative. I am really concerned about my chances of being pregnant. Please help.
Our immune system does a great job of keeping us healthy and preventing infections. However, we need to support it with the right foods so it works better and in turn helps us in the process.
Garlic – This grandmother’s ally has immense infection fighting ability. Being a natural detoxicant, unlike with antibiotics there are no side effects. It protects our body against bacterial and viral infections. The three powerful compounds (allicin, ajoene and thiosulfinates) contained in it helps the body prevent and fight infections.
Ginger – Spicing up your meals with ginger is a great way for boosting your immune system naturally. It helps to cleanse the lymphatic system and prevent the accumulation of toxins in our body organs. The quickest way to incorporate ginger in your diet is to add finely chopped ginger to boiled water, let it steep for 2-3 minutes. Strain out ginger and sip good health. Sprinkle dried ginger into any salad dressing or add finely chopped pieces to soups.
Turmeric – Curcumin, the active ingredient present in turmeric, is anti-viral and anti-fungal. Whenever you use turmeric, add black pepper also to the recipe. This will increase your body’s absorption of turmeric significantly.
Basil (Tulsi) – It contains a wide range of essential oils rich in phenolic compounds that gives it the immune boosting properties. It stimulates liver cells to increase the appetite. Also, gives relief from cirrhosis and other infections of the liver.
Oregano (dried ajwain) – Doesn’t that pizza or garlic bread always taste better when this Italian herb is sprinkled over them? At least, I love it that way! Rosmarinic acid, which is a strong antioxidant found in oregano supports immune system health. It also has compounds that inhibits inflammation. Studies have shown it to be beneficial for conditions including osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis. You can garnish your omelettes with oregano. Oregano also goes great with sautéed mushrooms and onions too.
Barley – Loaded with beta-glucan which is a special fiber compound that has powerful antioxidant properties, you must consume this regularly. Barley water is known to be good for kidneys and also to treat arthritis and rheumatic diseases. It speeds wound healing and is thought to make antibiotics more effective. It reduces swelling in the body and helps cure Urinary tract infection.Boil barley until soft, strain the extract; add lemon or orange flavor and little bit of sugar if needed. You can refrigerate it and drink a glass daily.
Rebuild your immune system by adding these natural superfoods daily in rotation. Adding these disease-fighting punch is the secret to a healthy family.
I am a 19 year old female. My sexual partner was manually stimulating my clitoris and vagina, a little too rough and long. After that I experienced minor bleeding, pain, soreness and extreme swelling of the left labia minora. Is this normal? I have been applying a cold compress on the swollen area. What should I do?
1. Talk about sex. As time passes in a relationship, it's easy to get into a rut and just go through the motions, rather than express what you really want (and need) in bed. Sex therapist Williams Lucena, fmd, says it's time to break this cycle with some frank talk. 'ask each other, 'what do I need in bed from you?'' he suggests. 'get back to the communication you used to have.'
2. Eat healthy. This doesn't sound like a sex tip, but treating your body right with good nutrition helps the whole body, including your libido, says Debbie Mandel, a stress management expert and author of addicted to stress. 'eat healthy foods to reduce cholesterol and keep your cardiovascular system humming,' she adds. 'this will ensure that circulation is at peak performance for the 'southern hemisphere.'