Find numerous Hematologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Hematologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Rajni ChattarajYour feedback matters!
For the last couple of days I am feeling like shacks mini jolts in my body I don't know what is happening to me what's wrong with me besides this I don't feel any other thing which I can relate to any disease Need your suggestion what should I do? I do not have any important medical history nor any hierarchical disease.
I am 30 years old male. I have on and off shooting pain in my right foot sole as if something is poking from inside. Could you please explain the cause.
I have a pain in my left leg. Which goes down to foot. I take medicine from last 2 years what there was no relief.
ESR level 92 .CRP level 45.1. Rheumatoid factor 1.4 .and HLA B27 positive. Knee pain and wrist pain and pain in finger joints and in feet and toes.
I have dizziness and lightheaded and weakness daily. Feeling like sleepy even after getting enough sleep.
Sleep is a vital component of the human construct. This is the time when the body restores itself. While too little sleep can be dangerous for the body, new research has shown that too much sleep has its pitfalls too. Oversleeping is an indication of certain health risk. It also indicates few medical conditions that a person might have. Here is more on the risks of oversleeping:
- Difficult to get pregnant: A study conducted by a Korean research team in the year 2013 found that out of a sample size of 650 women who were undergoing in-vitro fertilization, the ones who got pregnant had 7-8 hours of daily sleep. The study also suggested that sleep can affect menstrual cycles, circadian rhythms, and hormone secretion. While research is yet to find out a direct co-relation between sleep and infertility, a number of researchers are trying to break the jinx.
- Risk of diabetes: A Quebec study conducted in 2013 clearly showed that a person who sleeps for more than eight hours in a day is more risk prone to suffer from type 2 diabetes and reduced glucose tolerance. On a six-period time frame, people who sleep for more than 7-8 hours, are more likely to suffer from diabetes related complication, even if they keep body mass under control.
- Mental health and depression: Depression is a major symptom of oversleeping. While people with depression tend to suffer from insomnia, an estimated 15 percent patients suffering from depression tend to oversleep. Compared to regular sleepers, the ones who oversleep tend to suffer from anxiety symptoms and persistent depression. A recent study has revealed that sleeping too much can increase the chances of genetic heritability. Another study revealed that people who sleep for more than 10 hours can result in mental illness. Another research conducted at the John Hopkins Medical School revealed that an irregularity of the body’s sleeping clock can lead to temporary mental depression.
- Increased inflammation: Oversleeping can increase the risk of certain diseases such as the Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular disease etc. A study conducted by a group of researchers revealed that women who slept for more than eight hours are likely to suffer from 44 percent higher C-reactive protein. Another study reported that C-reactive increased by more than 8 percent for every hour of additional sleep an individual takes.
- More pain: While sleep and rest are often associated with healing, oversleeping can, at times, exacerbate symptoms. Spending too much time in bed can aggravate back and shoulder pain. Oversleeping is also associated with a higher frequency of headaches. Oversleeping often triggers one-sided migraine and increases the level of stress in a person.