Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajkumarYour feedback matters!
Female genital sores are painful eruptions that bear a red appearance which may cause severe itching and pain. These lumps and sores may be caused due to sexually transmitted diseases and other ailments like allergic reactions, dermatitis, and other irritants. These lesions are usually found in the vaginal area and may also be caused to a number of skin disorders which all affect this region. Let us find out how to treat this painful condition.
- Recognising the Sores and Lumps: Many of these cases go unreported because the patient may feel embarrassed or ashamed to come up with the problem. But one must recognise the symptoms and the appearance of such sores so that the doctor may take a look at the earliest signs of eruption, so as to avoid a flare up and increase in the severity of the condition. The symptoms include pain and itchiness in the area as well as burning and bleeding along with pain in the pelvic area and discomfort during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Causes: There are many reasons for these eruptions. Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs remain the top causes. Genital warts, genital herpes and chancroid which is a bacterial disease, can also cause this condition. Further, syphilis and molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection with pearl shaped nodules, which can also cause such eruptions and lumps in the genital area. Apart from STDs, other chronic conditions like inflammation of the vulva known as Vulvovaginitis, and contact dermatitis as well as atopic dermatitis, can cause this condition.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis will usually be done with a pelvic examination as well as urine culture to show the presence of bacteria. Also, other blood tests may be done to detect the presence of cysts. The patient's medical history will also be taken into account, for such cases.
- Treatment: The doctor will prescribe a host of medicines including antibiotics and anti-viral medicines along with corticosteroids and pain relievers to help in treating these sores. Also, anti-itching ointments and medicines will be prescribed to make the condition less painful. These sores may also have to be removed with a minor surgical procedure at the doctor's clinic, in case they are too bothersome or painful.
- Home Remedies: The best way to take care of these sores is by taking a sitz bath with warm water and wearing clothes that will not brush against the area, which can cause further abrasions and discomfort.
One can prevent this condition by practicing safe sex with one partner at a time. Using condoms is strongly recommended along with routine testing and check-ups. All sexual contact should be avoided until the condition is cured completely.
Hi i m 18 yrs old and I have pcos. I m having my first day of my periods after a gap of 4 months but now even on first day my bleeding rate is very low and it is dark brown in colour and i m gaining weight also please help me.
Five months pregnant. Vomiting frequently feeling tired. Difficult to travel even short distance. Suggest me home remedies.
During sex with my wife when I discharge the semen comes out of her vagina. Why it is happing so. Please help.
I'm a mother of 16-month old girl, who takes my feed too. I was taking calcium and iron since three-four years as I also have hypothyroid, but after my baby's birth, its not regular and I usually miss out on taking these supplements. Though, I do take milk twice a day. Actually, whenever I wake up in the morning, my body aches so much, especially my feet and legs too. And the day I have a little more work to do, I have severe leg pain. Pls suggest.
I dry humped with clothes on with 5 layers of clothing. Everyone is telling that its impossible to get pregnant like that Why. Is it true?
Swimming or running? Having to prioritize between the two can be quite a daunting task. While swimming has its loyal followers, one cannot ignore the health benefits of running either. In fact, swimming and running are like two faces of the same coin. What is suitable for one may not be an ideal choice for another. While swimming may be helpful for some, others might benefit from running. Following the mad rush does not make any sense. Know what are your requirements, strengths, and weaknesses and then choose between the two.
This article is an attempt to clear your confusion and thus, help you choose between the two.
- Injury: Running and swimming can both result in an injury. However, running is more intense. Thus, chances and frequency of an injury (muscle cramps, ligament tear, sprain or fracture) are slightly more in the case of running. In comparison, swimming is less strenuous. There is less probability of a sprain or a fracture in swimming.
- Body workout: If you are looking for a complete body workout, swimming is what the doctors have just advised. The different strokes in swimming ensure maximum muscular movements. Every part of your body, from head toe, are involved in swimming. Running, however, is not a complete body workout.
- Joint problems: For people with joint problems or associated conditions such as arthritis (especially Rheumatoid Arthritis), running might be highly uncomfortable and risky, aggravating the problems further. Under such circumstances, swimming comes as a much-needed breather. Not only is it safe, but also comfortable (people with severe arthritis should, however, consult the doctor before swimming). Swimming is an excellent exercise for improving the motor skills and also building on the core strength.
- Calories burned: Finally some good news for the runners. If you are looking for a high-calorie burnout (where you have to sweat it out literally), running is what you just need. Swimming also helps to burn the calories, but running has a slightly higher impact. As per a survey, you burn close to 700 calories by running for seven miles per hour. Surprising, you burn only 550 calories (per hour) by swimming 50 yards per minute.
- Bone health: If swimming is good for the joints, running is important for your bones. Running plays a pivotal role in improving and increasing the bone density in a person.
- Hormonal effect: Swimming or running both are believed to improve your cognitive abilities. Endorphins, which are commonly known as the ‘feel good’ hormone and is known to lift your spirits. They enhance your mood like never before.
Both swimming and running come with their own sets of merits and demerits. Choosing between the two can be an uphill task. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
We had sex on 21st of November and my wife's last periods started on 9th November. Now she got some bleeding on 7th December and it stopped on 8th. She is having backache and frequent urination. Is she pregnant?
My grandmother is now 67. And she got menopause at 45. 2 days back she got some bleeding .And today the bleeding was heavy. What could be the underlying cause. please help me with treatment.
Hi My wife is pregnant for 13weeks, and she has severe headache what medicine to be taken, we for got to ask Dr. from last appointment.
हमारे आस-पास ऐसी बहुत सी चीजें मौजूद है जो औषधीय गुणों से भरपूर, हमारे लिए फायदेमंद हैं पर हम उनसे अनजान होते हैं। जानकारी का अभाव कई बार बगल में छोरा गांव में ढिंढोरा की कहावत को चरितार्थ करता है, जैसे शिवलिंगी बीज। जो अक्सर हमारे इर्द-गिर्द मौजूद होती है पर हम इससे और इसके गुणों से अनजान होने की वजह से अपनी समस्याएं सुलझाने के लिए हैरान होते है। तो आज हम ऐसी ही बहुगुणी वनस्पति की हम बात करेंगे जिसे शिवलिंगी बीज कहते हैं। हमारे वनों में, खेतों और खलिहानों में, आँगनो में और बाडों आदि में विभिन्न प्रकार की वनस्पतियाँ पाई जाती है। इन्ही में से एक है शिवलिंगी। शिवलिंगी का वैज्ञानिक नाम ब्रयोनोप्सिस लेसिनियोसा होता है। आप इसे अपने आस पास प्रचुर मात्रा में उगता हुआ देख सकते है। इसके बीजों की बनावट देखने से बिलकुल स्पष्ट रूप से शिवलिंग की रचना दिखाई देती है। शिवलिंगी बीज को सदियों से संतान प्राप्ति के लिए अचूक नुस्खे के तौर माना जाता रहा है। संतानविहीन दंपत्ती के लिये ये पौधा एक वरदान है। महिला को मासिक धर्म समाप्त होने के 4 दिन बाद प्रतिदिन सात दिनों तक संजीवनी के 5 बीज खिलाए जाए तो महिला के गर्भधारण की संभावनांए बढ़ जाती है। शिवलिंगी के बीजों को तुलसी और गुड के साथ पीसकर संतानविहीन महिला को खिलाया जाता है। महिला को जल्द ही संतान सुख की प्राप्ति होती है।
- इसकी पत्तियों की चटनी बनती है। आयुर्वेद के अनुसार ये टॉनिक की तरह काम करती है। जिन महिलाओं को संतानोत्पत्ति के लिए इसके बीजों का सेवन कराया जाता है। उन्हें विशेषरूप से इस चटनी का सेवन कराया जाता है। पत्तियों को बेसन के साथ मिलाकर सब्जी के रूप में भी खाया जा सकता है। आदिवासीयों के अनुसार इस सब्जी का सेवन गर्भवती महिलाओं को करना चाहिए। जिससे होने वाली संतान तंदुरुस्त पैदा होती है।
- शिवलिंगी के बीजों का उपयोग कर एक विशेष फार्मुला तैयार करते हैं ताकि जन्म लेने वाला बच्चा चुस्त, दुरुस्त और तेजवान हो। शिवलिंगी, पुत्रंजीवा, नागकेशर और पारस पीपल के बीजों की समान मात्रा लेकर चूर्ण बना लिया जाता है और इस चूर्ण का आधा चम्मच गाय के दूध में मिलाकर सात दिनों तक उस महिला को दिया जाता है। जिसने गर्भधारण किया होता है।
- इसके बीजों के चूर्ण को बुखार नियंत्रण और बेहतर सेहत के लिए उपयोग में लाते हैं। अनेक हिस्सों में इसके बीजों के चूर्ण को त्वचा रोगों को ठीक करने के लिए भी इस्तमाल किया जाता है।
- तो इस तरह शिवलिंगी बीज को साधारण नहीं समझे और जरूरत पड़ने पर इसके गुणों का लाभ जरूर उठाएं।