Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv GujratiYour feedback matters!
I deliver baby boy on 1 nov by operation. So can you please suggest me that when we use stairs to go up and down.
My 1 year old son is very low in weight. Only 7.3 kg. He likes to breastfeed and does not take cows milk. Does not eat much. Should I wean (stop breastfeeding) him to increase his appetite. Or along with breastfeed how to improve his weight my milk feed supply is average.
Sir, mere bete ki age 8 sal h. Uski aankhe kai dino se jpak rhi h. Dr. Ko dikhaya to nmi ki kmi bta rhe h. Drops tobcon. F and recool plus dal rhi hu lekin agar ek din bi bhul jati hu tb vhi problem ho jati h. Kya ye drops lifetime dalni pdengi, ya fir in drops se bache ki aankhe thik bi hongi ya ni, ye bimari aage jakr koi bdi bimari to ni bnegi na. please help me.
My son is 1 and 1/2 months old. He is suffering from cold and cough. Doctor has told there is no cough in chest and provided with nasoclear one drop in each nostril. He is very irritated and coughing as if vomiting. Also whatever I breastfeed he vomit out. Later doctor given ambrodil drips 3 drops twice a day along with moxclav drops 3 drops twice a day. Is this safe . Can I give it to 6 week baby. Please suggest.
My daughter age is 4+.I have done stool test there it has mentioned reducing sugar - present (trace) what does this mean?
My son who is 15 years old has consumed 1 cap of dettol instead of mouthwash do we need to take him to the hospital immediately.
My 10 months old baby has got cough and running nose, cold. Please suggest if giving nebulizer helps in speedy curing along with medicines? Will it have any side effects?
Fluoride treatment is commonly given to children as their teeth are developing. If a child has a history of cavities or are at high risk of decay, he or she should use additional fluoride to promote remineralization. Often children get fluoride treatment done every six months for extra protection against cavities.
Dr Puja Bansal
Prudent international health clinic http://www.prudentdentalclinic.com
Hello Dr, am just wondering what type of solid food should I start off my 3 month old daughter with?
My girl is one month old and is on partial top feed. She is uncomfortable since last 4-5 days - vomiting milk back after 5-10 mins of feed and keep spitting and cries as if she is having pain in stomach or somewhere.
My relatives son is 14 years old. Whenever he eats any spicy food or salty food or washes his face with soap he gets a reddish rash under the lower lip and it gets very difficult for him neither to eat or speak. He constantly complains of severe pain and had tried some antiseptic creams like borolin. The pain and the reddish rash are not subsiding. I am afraid that is some bacterial infection. Please tell me what the problem is and by using which creams he can combat this infection.
My child is suffering from fever. On the first day, he is having 102 Fahrenheit and now i. E. After three days - 101 Fahrenheit. He is 15 years old. His eyes are red. When he eats spicy food, he is having motions too. Would you consult me tablets.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding! If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hello doc, my baby is 1.5 months old. She got her vaccination today. Since then she is not sleeping and crying a lot. Can I give her pedichoryl? If yes how much?
I am 26 year old and mother of 3. I am still breastfeeding my 1 year 8 months old baby and want to stop now. My breast became saggy, soft and sometimes wrinkled. I want to increase my breast size naturally by homeopathy and diet and also want to lift up my sagging breast. I am very depressed looking at it.
My baby girl has 8 months now, and her weight is 575GMs only. How to improve her weight. Is there any medicine for weight growth. She don't eat home made mixed cerelac and instant cerelac also she like to drink formula milk and banana only. How to change her habits and how to improve her weight. Please guide me.
While the decision to breastfeed or not to is a personal one, however, it is known to have a number of benefits for both the baby and the mother. Ideally, a newborn baby should be fed only mother’s milk for the first six months of his or her life. This not only provides a nutritious diet for the infant, but it can also protect the baby from a number of diseases that could affect them now and in the years to come.
Here are a few reasons a mother should breastfeed her baby
- Well balanced nutrition: Mother’s milk is better than any form of infant formula. This is because it contains the perfect mix of vitamins, proteins and fats essential for your baby’s growth. Also, these nutrients are made available to the baby is easy to digest form which increases the amount of nutrition absorbed by the baby’s body. By breastfeeding a baby, the chances of them being overweight in their later years is also reduced.
- Immunity booster: Along with nutrients breast milk is also rich in antibodies that protect your baby against viral and bacterial infections. Breastfeeding a baby reduces their risk of suffering from asthma and other allergies in future and also reduces the frequency of ear infections, respiratory diseases and diarrhea.
- Better bonding: When a baby is being breastfed it is held close to the mother’s body and skin to skin contact is established. This benefits both the baby and the mother and helps build a strong bond between them. For the baby, this skin to skin contact builds a sense of security and for the mother, breastfeeding the baby can help deal with postpartum depression and make her feel connected to the baby.
- Helps the mother recover: Breastfeeding helps the mother get her body back to its pre-pregnancy condition faster. This is because breastfeeding burns calories and hence helps the mother lose pregnancy weight faster. It also triggers the release of hormones such as oxytocin which reduce uterine bleeding after delivery and help the uterus get back to its original size.
When breastfeeding a baby it is important to recognize when the baby is hungry and feed him or her before they start crying. Typically an infant should feed on each breast for 10-20 minutes at a stretch. It is also important to be patient and comfortable while breastfeeding so as to allow milk to flow evenly and to prevent fatigue.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!