Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajiv DasYour feedback matters!
One of the most common issues with old age in men is the enlarged prostate. Any difficulty with urination (no constant stream, difficulty initiating, or incomplete emptying of the bladder for instance), and the first suspect is an enlarged prostate. These symptoms are followed by a digital rectal exam to check for an enlarged prostate. Once confirmed, the next step is to check for levels of prostate-specific antigen (PSA). If both the exam and the PSA are positive, it could mean prostate cancer. As with any cancer, it is believed that sooner it is diagnosed and the treatment is started, the better.
Historically, the best way to rule out the prostate cancer had been to do a prostate biopsy. This is a minor invasive procedure, wherein biopsies are taken from various regions of the prostate which are known to develop cancer (about 12). A disadvantage of this procedure includes missing out on the front part of the prostate which can also develop cancer. Secondly, it is not a very pleasant experience and given a chance, most men would not want to have it done.
There is good news for these men who would like to avoid prostate biopsies. The first is the multiparametric MRI which uses no x-rays and is considered very safe with extremely accurate results. This MRI exam requires about an hour, and once the images are obtained, the doctor will analyse these images and check for several parameters to assess for prostate cancer. The absence of cancer can be confirmed with up to 90% accuracy, which is far greater than with usual biopsies. If there is a possibility of cancer, then a biopsy can be done to confirm it.
Also, these images indicate the exact region where cancer likely is, and this guides the doctor to biopsy only where absolutely essential. The chances of false positive and false negative results are reduced drastically. The one disadvantage here is that MRI detected biopsies usually tend to be of a higher grade which requires immediate treatment.
Another way to reduce chances of the biopsy by 30% to 50% is by the 4K test. It helps detect a variety of prostate issues including cancer. It can be used once higher levels of PSA is identified and before going for a biopsy. It combined 4 prostate-specific biomarkers with clinical information to accurately provide men with a risk of developing prostate cancer. It can be used even after negative biopsies to confirm the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
These two measures can drastically reduce the incidence of prostate biopsies, which is neither pleasant for the patient nor very effective for the doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I M 70YEARS OLD, OPERATED FOR CANCEROUS PROSTATE 2.5 YEARS AGO. RECENTLY 6 MOTH BACK HAD REPLACE BOTH MY KNEE JOINTS. I M INCREASING WEIGHT DAY BY DAY DUE TO CANCEROUS MEDICINES. ANY REMEDY? CAN I STOP TAKING TABBY & DERITRAN 7.5 DAILY DOSE?
Nasopharynx cancer is a very unusual type of cancer. In this medical condition, cancer cells affect the nasopharynx region, which is the uppermost part of your pharynx. The cells start growing from the upper region of the throat and can spread up to your head. Nasopharynx is a very important passage of your body placed right behind your nose, which connects your nose to your mouth and allows you to breathe. Thus, if this crucial region gets affected by the growth of cancer cells, severe difficulties and health problems may crop up.
The most common symptoms of nasopharynx cancer are mentioned below:
Nasopharynx cancer cause serious problems to the ear-nose-throat region. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating nasopharynx cancer. A few of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Exclude salt in your diet and also avoid sea fishes or fishes containing salt.
- Practice good hygiene, since, nasopharynx cancer is primarily caused due to virus infections, practicing healthy habits like washing hands before and after food can prove to be helpful.
- Avoid smoking and drinking as it smoking and alcohol consumption will only worsen your condition.
- Certain breathing exercises may help you to cope up with the problem better.
- Panchakarma therapy which helps to clean your body from harmful toxins which may prove to be helpful.
- Also many Ayurvedic herbs and essential oils can effectively treat nasopharynx cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My weight is 80 kg. My height is 6ft. My age is 23. My question is. What are the test to detect the adrenal gland cancer in the body. Please answer.
I am 30 years old guy. I have small tumour kind of thing in mouth under teeth. My dentist removed teeth and did surgery and removed hard tissues. He told it will take 3 months to cure but already 2 months over. Still it is bulged out in mouth. I am doubting it is any cancer. Please suggest.
Can I use patanjali amla juice for stomach problems. Does it contain sodium benzoate whose reaction with vitamin c causes cancer?
Now it's time to introduce/add society, ayurvedic drugs like ashokarista, pushyanug churna, supari pak, kanchnar guggle etc along with natural panchkarma therapy to fight with cervical cancer these ayurvedic treatment having very good results in such disorder.
My mother is 40 Yrs old n she had suffered from breast cancer 3 Yrs later. Now the the cancer is overcome but a new problem of' lymphedema has invite to her right arm (cancer affected side, Now she is wearing a belt given by the doctor but there is not much improvement and 8 months have passedpassed. I wanted to know that is there any suggestion you would provide to overcome it?
Is non small cell lung cancer curable? What are the possible treatments? What is the life span for such patient?
Feeling pain in upper middle of breast with a little tight swelling at that part. Pain when breathe and sometimes paining more while some times a little. Pl suggest which specialist to consult or suggest any medicine. She has taken Moxikind CV (6 tablet) and flexon and got some relief but not fully.
Can tuberculosis of the lymph node (supraclavicular involved) can spread to lungs as well? Also my chest x-ray indicates normal condition of the lungs. But tb of lymph nodes as I've read indicates its infection primarily somewhere else (lungs, pancreas, spleen). Does it mean that pancreas or spleen may be involved?
After Dialysis since March 2016 , since 15 days urination with pain and time gap happens. Before Dialysis there was no prostate error. Suggest remedy.
In this article you will get to know how Dr. R k aggarwal lets us to know how we can examine our health and also by doing that know the real reason behind many diseases.
Dr R. K. Aggarwal says we should treat our self as human not a machine. For example if we have problem in a part of body we should not cut it out but treat it; all these things we do with our body is not good for our health and body.
One further step in good home oral care is regular self -examination for oral cancer. We have already mentioned that any sore that has been in the mouth for more than a week should be brought to a dentists attention at once. The chances are good that it will prove not to be malignant, but we are better able than ever to diagnose and treat precancerous conditions, and early detection is of the greatest importance.
You can play a major part in preventing oral cancer or catching it while it can be readily treated and cured if you take the time to examine the mouth regularly for any signs of disease.
Now all scientists and doctors know and suggest not following allopath. A revolution is happening but for that to reach us could take 30-50 years; which I am helping in getting people knowing that and treat themselves with various diseases.
First we should know the reason of the disease not go for the operation treatment. It never helps it comes out any way or another.
Dr. R K Aggarwal says we are here to help you get rid of dependence of yours on allopath medicines.
Watch the below video – Dr. R k aggarwal
The reason behind any disease is when bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses collect in our body it causes diseases. This video also features some talk about tumour, fibroid, tumour cyst, ulcerative colitis and many other problems of our body.
Watch the video for further information about various diseases that are caused because of bacteria, germs, tocsins and viruses also how to treat it through bowel cleanse.
Ssohm want people to understand that it’s never too late start cleansing your body which not only cure diseases like tumor, fibroid, tumor cyst, ulcerative colitis but also rescue your life from various other harmful and dangerous diseases forever.
I am having problem of low urine output. It is not flowing properly ang several minutes I have to try. I have undergone ultrasound test my prostrate gland size is 9 39 gms Recently I have taken blood test for kidney function and urine complete examination. The serum creatinine 0.7 mg/dl blood Uric acid 4.9 mg sodium 141 mEql potassium 4.9, mEql chlorides 101mEql Urine examinations Gravity 1012. Reaction 6.0 ph Rbc 2rbc other parameters are normal Can you suggest/prescribe any medicine either in allopathy or homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicine to improve free flow of urine output?
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.