Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh UpadhyayaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 10 years old and she has flat foot problem what should I do can you please suggest me
My 10 month old baby is not eating properly .i have started giving him solid from 6 months ,initially he was eating well and now for past one week he is not eating anything. Share some ideas to increase appetite. Also how many times can we give food to baby?
I am having learning disability with ADD, dyslexia, dysgraphia. How can I concentrate and study for exams. I study but their comes a question that would I remember.
Hello doctor, my 15 days baby is suffering from constipation from last 3-4 days, and also she is sneezing 3-4 times a day, so please suggest any medicine or any option, thanks.
My Son is 3 Yrs in 2 years of his age he started going to play school, After going school we have seen drastic changes in his behavior e. G like he wants every thing which he likes n when he did n. T get on reaction he bites, slap.
Hi sir and ma'am. My baby is only 3 months she had fever and motions also. Presently 8-10 times happens. And we are using neo gain powder. No milk with my wife, only some milk only 2-3 tea spoons only. Please give me your suggestions for my baby and for my wife also.
Sir, two months old boy has breathing problems and he cannot take breast milk. Where to we take him?
I have delivered a baby. I don't have enough milk to feed my baby as after one week of delivery my stiches got broken. Dr. Gave me strong antibiotics and because of antibiotics my milk got vanish. Please suggest me some medication or anything by which I could feed my baby and my milk back.
My son is 3 and half years old. He is suffering from cough and cold for last few months. I am treated my child for allopathic and homeopathy doctor but he didn't recover. He is very week. He is very slim but active. Last summers he is suffering from typhoid. Please suggest the medicine pls.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello Doctor, My baby is now 6 months old, he is 6 kg born 1 month pre-term with 1.8 kg. He is taking nanpro1 from past 2 months. Doctor suggested to give rapgrow drop and lactodex hmf sachet, but these medicines are really tough to get in the market and I don't see any review for rapgrow. Will it be safe? Also he is continuing zincovit drop and raricap drop.
We have a newborn baby boy 86 days. His umbilical code not fall down and showing outside 1 to 2 cm. Is anything we need to care and should I do any treatment for same to cure.
My baby is 1 and half year old. But still not able to walk or stand without support. Her ca and vit d levels are normal.
I'm breastfeeding my 3.5 months old baby. I used to bleed now and then for a month in first month after delivery. Later I didn't experience any kind of bleeding or spotting. However, on June 9th I had unprotected sex and took unwanted 62 within 72 hours. I experienced bleeding on 7th day of taking the pill and bleeding lasted for 3-4 days. Afterwich I have not got my periods. It's been 2 months now. Are there any chance of me being pregnant still?
Sir, my son aged 2.5 years. His penis foreskin doesn't go back. He doesn't face problem in peeing but people says it's not right, his skin should be move up and down. I am very sad and in problem too. Kindly suggest me what to do with him.
Pregnancy is a journey in itself where you tend to go through physical changes, psychological changes and social changes as well. While the body struggles to cope with the hormonal and other major changes, the mind also tries continuously to adapt and cope with emotional as well as mental stress. Teenagers are considered to still be in a maturing stage when they have difficulty dealing with factors such as peer stress, emotional ups and downs, identity issues, personality building challenges and psychological barriers.
So, getting pregnant at this stage can be very traumatizing. Issues such as postpartum depression have become very common among teenagers.
Psychological Barrier in Teenage Pregnancy: As per the Pediatrics Journal, teenage mothers tend to have higher rate of depression compared with adult women who experience pregnancy. This may be due to various reasons like difficulty to face the society, unplanned pregnancy, immaturity to deal with pregnancy and related symptoms, own social involvements, which come between pregnancy and a whole lot of reasons.
However, the psychological effects and stress, which account for these barriers are sometimes quite severe and according to researchers, teen mothers often show symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which may sometimes lead to suicidal tendencies.
Signs and Symptoms of Stress and Trauma:
- Some of the major stress signs in teenage pregnancy either in the prepartum or postpartum period may include anxiety, depression, concentration difficulties, eating disorders, insufficient sleep, sadness or mood swings.
- Already teenage pregnancy leads to excessive mental stress and if there is a complication in delivery or premature birth before 37 weeks, the level of depression tends to get higher.
- There is a distinct difference between postpartum depression and baby blues. While baby blues are similar to stress and sleep problems, eating troubles, mood fluctuations seem the same as postpartum depression, they tend to go off within two to three weeks, while depression lasts.
- Excessive fatigue resulting into a brittle mood.
- Sudden attacks of panic are also quite common.
- Difficulties in bonding with baby or having patience with baby's demands.
This type of stress and trauma may lead to child abuse, neglecting children or depression. Lowered self-confidence and irritated state of mind are also some of the common complaints. Therefore, to avoid the postpartum stress and major difficulties, teenage pregnant moms can consult psychiatrists for help and advice.