Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajeshYour feedback matters!
How to reduce the thickness of skin so that my veins would be visible. I am working out since two years and need to do it naturally. Please help me loose skin fat percentage with natural food diet and exercise.
Colon cancer as indicative of the name is cancer primarily affecting the colon or the large intestine. While colon cancer is considered the third most common type of cancer affecting people worldwide, it is also one of the most preventable types of cancer, if diagnosed and treated on time.
Colon cancer does not suddenly turn malignant and life-threatening. In quite a few cases, the tumor appears benign, also known as Adenomatous Polyps. With the passage of time, the adenomatous polyps (some, if not all) progress into colon cancer. In this article, I will emphasize upon the causes and proper management of colon cancer.
What acts as the trigger for colon cancer?
Like most of the other cancer forms, the exact cause of colon cancer is hard to decipher. However, in many cases, gene mutations have been found to play a pivotal role resulting in cancer formation in the colon. The mutations, as expected, is often an inheritable trait that can be passed on to subsequent generations. The following inheritable mutations make a person as well as their immediate family more susceptible to developing colon cancer.
1. FAP or Familial Adenomatous Polyposis is characterized by the formation of many polyps within the lining of the rectum and the large intestine. These polyps though start off as a noncancerous mass of cells have the potential to develop into cancerous cells over a time period. Thus, the condition should be treated at the earliest as people (FAP left unattended) stand a near 100% risk of suffering from colon cancer before reaching 40.
2. Lynch syndrome is another inheritable medical disorder that results from the mutation in the gene that is responsible for DNA mismatch repair. With the gene unavailable for the repair, the DNA undergoes damage with deleterious consequences. Also known as Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer, the condition often plays a significant role in the development of colon cancer, especially in people below 50 years.
3. Further, an unhealthy diet comprising primarily of high fat and low fiber foods can wreak havoc, with colon cancer being one of the possible consequence. Increased consumption of red meat, processed meat as well as alcohol can also act as a catalyst triggering colon cancer.
4. Obese as well as diabetic patients also stand a higher risk of suffering from colon cancer.
Management and Proper Care
As per reports, colon cancer is one of the least prevented types of cancer worldwide. There can be a myriad of factors responsible for the late detection and treatment. Proper care and management can go a long way to reduce the incidence of colon cancer.
2. People above 40 years and those with a family history of colon cancer should undergo regular health checkups and screenings.
3. Keep a check on your body weight. Drinking and smoking, if at all, should be within limits.
4. Take care of the diet. Avoid eating fatty foods on a regular basis. Consume more dietary fiber.
5. Lead an active and healthy lifestyle. Be involved in any active exercise/sports or at the minimal walking.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'am 21, I often get rashes on my inner linning of mouth and tounge, I mean very often. What is the root cause and how can I avoid it?
My face is very dry and stretching skin. Skin is so old men type. Please suggest me what fruit eating.
Am 29 years old guy but because of my dull skin I look more older. please suggest me how to make my skin clear.
My skin complexion was fair before but now its became dark how should I get back my old complexion i; e how should I became fair. Please suggest me some good cream even do's and do not's.
I am female in my face has full of pimples how to remove the pimples and how to improve skin tone of the my skin please help me.
Sir for a 22 years girl pls tell me a name of cream that can glow and bright her face because next year he will marry pls tell me a name of brightening cream.
My 6 year old daughter is having to much white flakes on her scalp, she keeps on itching on head and there is no lice also, so I don't understand whether it is dandruff or anything else, it comes and collect on her eyelashes and creates dryness. Suggest any good baby shampoo also.
I have a question I used to put on make up alot as I was in airlines now stopped doing on frequent basis but whenever I apply I normally itching and swelling in my eyes. Kindly help.
I wish to find care for my eyes. I have deep dark circles around my eyes. These circles are there for ages. I never use to care for the same but as my social life is increasing I find it very uncomfortable to appear in front of camera. It spoils the whole efforts done by my self to look better. My complexion is some what fair so they get high lighted on my face. I wish to seek for your consultancy for the same. Looking forward to your consultation. Thanks & regards.
Itching and appearance of small eruptions and later leave blackish spots all over the place of appearance. Please let me know the line of treatment. Secondly I have also been told about the inability to treat small white spots besides the above all over either by alopathy or ayurveda or homeopathy
What can I apply on a wound which is made after removal of three stitches (the iron rod got almost 1 and 1/2 inch inside my biceps muscle (lower part ,just about the angular)) But now the stitches are open as its been 20 days the accident tool place. And the wound is also Ok but have little swelling in internal of the near area of wound, is it as the fat is developing there as it was removed when the accident occurred?
If any grown-up skin faces it, it is a condition which is regarded as undiagnosed till date by dermatologists, it is none other than Keratosis Pilaris. The building of keratin on the skin and blockage of hair follicles is termed as Keratosis Pilaris. Arms, butt, and legs are the areas where the formation of these scaly plugs is likely to be found. Though not dangerous, this kind of skin texture can offer a feeling of irritation. Estimation shows that almost forty percent of adults have a tendency of having Keratosis Pilaris.
Dry weather and eczema are conditions with which Keratosis Pilaris can be closely associated. As a matter of fact, this condition also does come along with genetic conditions. Hence, the next time you have ingrown hairs, consult a doctor before you begin to scour your skin.
Areas of the skin that are affected
- When feeling troubles due to some irritation on your skin, especially around your legs and arms, stop for a minute and think what it can be.
- Allergy on your skin, white bumps similar to whiteheads, raised lumps are some the visuals that you can see on your skin if you detect that you might have Keratosis Pilaris.
- Patches of rough or uneven skin are also few of the symptoms.
- Self-diagnosing is never recommended for which you need to see a dermatologist straight away so that you do not have to think for solutions for a condition that you do not have.
To be honest, Keratosis Pilaris is that condition that will linger if you are an adult for life. But for a child, the effects are less harmful as the skin disease seems to fade away by the time they reach thirty. Effectual treatment options have now materialized in this modern era due to such encroachment in medical science for treating the condition of Keratosis Pilaris in the best possible way. Few medical treatments available are as follows:
- Laser Treatment: Reduction of inflammation, scarring and redness, call for the implementation of laser treatment. If you have acute Keratosis Pilaris, then this is the option that you must opt for.
- Creams: Chances are when you visit a reputed dermatologist; the expert will recommend you to apply creams that include salicylic and alpha-hydroxy acid that obstructs the building of keratin scaly plug. The amlactic body lotion is one of the products that are highly sought-after ones that also make your skin smooth and soft.
- Topical Immunomodulators: Tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are few topical immunomodulators that can be utilised for treating Keratosis Pilaris.
- Oral medication: Isotretinoin pills are considered as a very effective oral medication for this skin condition. Acne scarring can be reduced to large extents with this.
Every individual is known to have different kinds of skin. Hence, not every tip will help you to eradicate the disease but will do help in controlling the spreading of the skin condition. Listen to what your body is trying to say to you, agree with what your doctor recommends, and you will have beautiful skin in no time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!