Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh BalakrishnaYour feedback matters!
My 4 year old son always angry very quickly. He is very aggressive and most of the time he is just out of control. His palm most of the time remain little bit hot.
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
I am 74 yrs, have dust allergy that is controlled but cough and cold is continuing for more than 7 days. What would you suggest.
Hi doc, my baby is 4 months old, can I give semi solid foods for her. I am worried that milk is not filling her up. As soon as she passes her loo she needs to be fed. Kindly help.
What would be the best way to feed infant (1 month+) if mother's milk is not sufficient/adequate to feed. To feed solution (Dexolac) - With bottle having nipple - With spoon Or any other method. Please help. Many thanks!
My 2 years old baby not sitting properly. When she was born then she weep after 5 minuets. Please suggest me the best treatment.
My son age is 10 years suffering from cough and close nose from two days any medicine for him? Please advise.
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My son of 9 years studying in 5th standard is diagnosed with adhd with learning difficullty. Its minor but still there. He forgets the things and has lack of concentration resulting commit silly mistakes. Since I am aware of it now I have started behaving nicely and diplomatically. He is improving as far a behaviour is concerned. But still memory and careless mistakes problems are there. Please guide me so that at home I can help him to come out of this problem. Should I go for ourtside help means classes for adhd kids?
Mera beta 1 month ka he wo properly sota hi nai din me only 2 hours sota he or night me sota he or har 10 min me uth jata he? Upay bataye.
Hello Doctor, my baby is 4.5 month old now. He did not smile & always see towards forehead. My baby weight around 5.3 kg, birth weight was 2.5 kg. Baby born at 36 week pregnancy & till date he did not rollover & did not keep his neck strong. We consult doctor here, doctor prescribed rapigrow, vit d & multivitamin. He had done all the blood & stool check up & ultra sound of brain & did not found anything abnormal. Could you advise what to check further?
We are in singapore here where we are staying there is lots of ants and small insects. My 9 month old baby is having small red patches on his body. I don't understand whether it is chickenpox or because of any insects.
It is safe to give Dr. reddy pedicloryl to 6 month baby? How many ml I give to my baby? He is crying all d time day n night.
My daughter she is of 1 year 2 months old and we are going to hoshiarpur punjab in marriage at december end so what precaution should be taken as it would be very cold.
Sir, I have 14 years old son, his body is very slim and chest also burning (Acidity ?)please suggest any solution I want healthy and body pick up , weight also .
My daughter is becoming arrogant, feeling insecure about me, and very much talkative & naughty. How to control her. Please advise.
My daughter age is 1 year 8 months old she is suffering with tight motion her diet was milk and food contains with rice and dal so please suggest us.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.