Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev GarudYour feedback matters!
I have eyesight problem from birth What should I do to improve my eyesight give me suggestion and tell me the name of eye drops or exercise for my eyes.
Actually I have eye sight with 4.25 points. I want to reduce my eye sight. So tell me what precautions should I take.
I am suffering from red eye whenever I use my mobile or computer continues ly I use medicine but not satisfied tell me what I do?
Glaucoma is a disease that damages your eye's optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of your eye. That extra fluid increases the pressure in your eye, damaging the optic nerve.Glaucoma is the second largest cause of eye blindness in the world.
There are several types of Glaucoma:
- Open-angle Glaucoma
- Normal-tension Glaucoma
- Angle-closure Glaucoma
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Secondary Glaucoma
- Glaucoma suspect
How will you know that you are suffering from Glaucoma?
Only half the people with glaucoma are aware that they are suffering from this condition. When Glaucoma develops, there are usually no early symptoms. This is why glaucoma can 'steal' sight gradually.
- In its early stages, open-angle Glaucoma has no obvious symptoms. As the disease progresses more blind spots develop in the peripheral (side) view.
- An attack of angle-closure Glaucoma includes the following:
- Severe pain in the eye or forehead
- Redness of the eye
- Decreased vision or blurred vision
- Vision rainbows or halos
If you get any of the symptoms rush to your doctor and take an eye exam as soon as possible.
- Eye injury
- Inflammation of the eye
- Dilating eye drops
- Blocked or restricted drainage in your eye
- Use of steroid-containing medications (pills, eye drops, sprays)
- Poor or reduced blood flow to your optic nerve
- High or elevated blood pressure
Who is at Risk for Glaucoma?
People with more risk of developing Glaucoma include people who:
- Are over age 40
- Have family members with glaucoma
- Have high eye pressure
- Are farsighted or nearsighted
- Have had an eye injury
- Have diabetes, migraines, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation or other health problems affecting the whole body.