Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev G. RedkarYour feedback matters!
High fever is common in kids and a common worry for parents as well. If you are a parent, you need to know when the fever is serious, and when you should worry about it. Fever is a defence mechanism of the body. Body temperature rises if any foreign body (or antigen) attacks your body. As a defence, body temperature rises making it an unfavourable condition for the antigen. Fever means 100.4 degree Fahrenheit. Normally for kids, thermometer is placed under the armpit to record the temperature. You need to add an extra degree for accuracy. Paediatricians recommend treatment for fever if it's more than 101 degree F.
When to Call a Doctor
If the kid is less than 4 months old and has a fever of 100.4 degree F with other mentioned symptoms as highlighted, one must see the doctor as an emergency situation.
If a kid has 104 degree F fever, rush to the doctor. Such a high fever in children could lead to seizers.
You must call a doctor if the kid has a fever along with the following symptoms:
- Looks very dizzy
- Has a deteriorated immune system or even any other medical condition
- Has a seizure
- Has symptoms such as rashes, painful throat, annoyance, rigid neck or ear pain
Medication Side Effects:
At times, if you treat your children with some medication that does not suit them, it may lead to high fever. In case fever in a kid aged less than 2 years lasts for more than one day, it's time to see a doctor. And lastly, remember that normal body temperature is 98.6 degree F.
My daughter which is 1 month old is having itching or redness in her anus due to which she is not drinking her mother's milk. Please suggest some cream to treat this problem.
Hello Doctor. My question is for a 5 month old boy. Actually we are giving him some quality of Daliye ka pani. Is it good for his health. and sir what is minimum age for feed some fruits or vegetable to a child ?
Hi. I am trying to stop breastfeeding my 19 months old baby. He becomes very aggressive if I say no to feed. Please let me know how to stop it fully as he is already 19 months now.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
Dear All, you are requested to suggest me that my baby boy is one years old and he is 8.5 kg only. How can grow his weight and health please advice me it my kind request. My child is not drinking milk any drop. Regards
The medical name for not being able to control urination is enuresis. Nocturnal enuresis is involuntary urination that happens at night while sleeping that is not under the child's control, after the age when a person should be able to control his or her bladder.
In a lot of cases, stress can be associated with enuresis. It's not uncommon to feel stressed out during the teenage years and events such as divorce, the death of a friend or family member, a move to a new town and adapting to a new school and social environment, or family tension can be overwhelming for a child. This is seen twice as commonly amongst boys than in girls of the same age.
If your child is having trouble controlling urine at night, consult a psychiatrist to rule out the possibility of a medical problem and manage the problem effectively as it can be extremely embarrassing for a growing child.