Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajanYour feedback matters!
My skin is getting darker day by day and I won't even go out in hot sun actually we are having holidays now but when I used to go to college my skin tone was even better than now I jst require a solution for this.
I consulted a dermatologist and learned that I have a skin problem called rosacea and I have oily skin which leads me into having small pimples, blackheads and open pores. How can I find a natural remedy to this? I have tried all creams and tips from dermats before but to no avail.
I have got skin infection at personal parts. On scratching that area small parts of the skin gets removed daily (Skin gets removed in powder form n little bigger than it). On cleaning it with water it becomes black. It is very itching. Please help!
Hearing a doctor diagnose you with 'ovarian cysts' can make your mind think of the worst case scenarios, but this is actually quite a common diagnosis. Almost all women are diagnosed with ovarian cysts at some point of their life. The difference lies in the type and size of cyst diagnosed. Hence, before you panic, read up and get informed. However, not everything you read online is trustworthy. Like every other health condition, ovarian cysts are surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's debunk five of the most common myths surrounding this condition:
- Myth - It requires a surgery: Contradictory to what you may initially think, not all ovarian cysts are harmful. In most cases, these cysts are small, non cancerous and will be resolved on their own. Surgery is needed only in cases where the cyst is abnormally large or where the cyst is diagnosed as a dermoid cyst or as endometriomas. Hence, if you have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst find out how big the cyst is and what type of a cyst it is.
- Myth - It causes infertility: Being diagnosed with a cyst in your ovaries will not make you infertile or restrict your ability to bear a child. However, it can lead to complications that may cause infertility. If these cysts become infected it could lead to scarring of the fallopian tubes. This is one of the most common causes of infertility. Another situation in which an ovarian cyst may lead to infertility is if it is associated with endometriosis.
- Myth - They are cancerous: With ovarian cysts, every case is unique. However, in most cases, the cysts do not develop into cancerous cells and neither are they cancerous to begin with. A pelvic ultrasound can help your doctor diagnose the type of cyst present in your body. If the doctor deems it cancerous, he or she will usually advise surgery to remove it immediately.
- Myth - It only affect women after menopause: A cyst can develop in the ovaries at any stage of a woman's life. A number of women could even develop cysts that they are not aware of. In some cases, women can even develop these cysts post a hysterectomy that does not involve the removal of the ovaries.
- Myth - It cannot be controlled: If you suffer from recurrent ovarian cysts, taking birth control pills can help the situation. This can suppress the development of cysts in future. Losing weight if you are overweight or quitting smoking can also lower the risks of developing ovarian cysts.
I have a small section on the right half of my lower lip that dries out, cracks and remains discolored. It occurs, disappears for a bit and recurs randomly. I have tried most home remedies but to no avail. Can you help me regarding that?
I'm a 2o years old female. My body is fair looking but my face is not much. So please suggest some best ointments, creams, face packs for fair, whitening, lightening perfect face tone. My wedding is fixed after 1 year. So I want fair face like my body. Some pimples also on my face and their marks. So please prescribe best effective ointments, creams ,face masks, home remedies to get fair whited brighter face. Plzz help me doctors.
A carbuncle is one of those things which a lot of people would vaguely heard of or not at all, but are quite common. It is a swollen mass which is located under the skin of the person who has one. A lot of the time, a carbuncle may not occur independently. As a matter of fact, it can occur with quite a few other symptoms such as a fever or fatigue to varying levels of intensity. In addition to these symptoms, there can also be an itching of the skin.
How can you get rid of it?
- The good news about carbuncles is that not only can they be diagnosed but they can also be cured. In most of the cases people who suffer from carbuncles, this occurs on its own over the course of about two weeks since its appearance.
- The key thing when it comes to the healing of a carbuncle is the rate at which it drains.
- If a person would like to be free from the carbuncle sooner rather than later, which most people would like to have, what is required is that he or she is to take a cloth which is warm and moist and apply it on the carbuncle.
- No matter how appealing the idea may seem to be, the last thing which is to be done when a person has a carbuncle is to take a knife to it.
- The risk which a person opens himself or herself up to by the way of the possibility of an infection far outweighs any possible benefit that he or she may receive on account of getting rid of the carbuncle a little bit earlier than the time it would have normally taken.
- In some cases, it can be very important to consult a doctor. This is true when a person has a carbuncle which seems to reappear time and time again. Other such cases include a carbuncle which lasts longer than a couple of weeks as well as one which appears on the face or the skin which covers the spine.
- Even though a carbuncle may be something that happens to be relatively harmless though quite irritating, it is obviously not fun to have one. In order to reduce the risk of getting a carbuncle, one can refrain from sharing clothes, practice proper hygiene and make sure the infection does not spread.