Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajalaxmi Walawalkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalaxmi WalawalkarYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and my problem is related to vagina. I feel burning and ichty near vagina walls and all the time their is too much smelly discharge but discharge is in liquid form. What should be the cure for this.
Hi. I am Smita 23 year old married woman. I have a 28 day cycle. My doctor gave CCQ 50 on the 2nd day of the period and measure for 15 days. We are planning baby this time. I want to know when the eggs will be released? Will single egg be released over 3-4 days period time? Or many eggs will be released in 1 day only? Kindly explain in detail as this concept is still not clear to me. Also suggest the best time (window period) to increase conception chances. Regards.
Is there any problem travelling in a two wheeler and eating any food items before conceiving after I had aborted my first pregnancy because of growth problem.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.
If I sex with my partner during her period it is good for both please suggest me fast please I have done sex with her in period.
I am 43 year old diabetic patient from last 15 years. We have one child. Trying second child from last 5-6 years but not conceive because I have semen very low quantity and quality. hormones are normal. Please give best advise to me.
I am a pcod patient, my menstruation is irregular, my weight is 79.500 so since one month I am on diet and exercise, where sometimes I do zumba and cardio I put all my efforts strength but I find no result. Why is it so? I take all healthy foods like ragi, roti,veggies, fruits drink lots of water too. Please guide me I really want to shed down some weight.
I went through laparoscopy on 13th of sep for removal of ectopic pregnancy .a week later me and my husband dry humped. Though I was wearing underwear and sanitary pad he was naked. There was some precum on his penis though it had no direct contact as I was wearing underwear and sanitary pad. Next day I took I pill within 24 hrs .is there any chance if pregnancy to occur.
I am a 26 years old female, had unprotected sex during third day of periods with my boyfriend. He left his sperms inside me. I have PCOS with weight problems and irregular periods. Will I be getting pregnant? What are my chances of getting pregnant?
Me and my husband doing sex everyday for pregnant last 8 month onwards. Til now I didn't get pregnant. Any solution for that. What will be the common problem?
Actualyy meri wife ko 3 and half month ka baby hai. hamari saadi december ko hi hui hai or sab family vaale agree nahi hai so. Abortion ho sakata hai.
Dear Sir/madam, By doing oral sex (licking vagina) can I give satisfaction to my wife? Because she likes only this.
I am 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. I am having mild cramps in lower abdomen. Why is it so? I am much concerned as it's my first pregnancy after 9 years of marriage. That too 2nd ivf. What should I do follow to have a healthy baby?
Does using an ipill can cause light bleeding as side effect. If yes, in general, for how many days the nomal period time can be delayed.
On a pain scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most severe, labour pain is one of the most severe pain forms. Most women would agree that life after childbirth feels like a second lease of life. Life takes a complete turn after childbirth, with the added responsibility of having to care for the newborn. In addition, the mother herself has a lot to recuperate from, including the stress of pregnancy and the pain that was endured during delivery. The uterus, which expands to accommodate the growing baby shrinks back to its size which causes severe pain.
While there are chemical medications to the rescue, homoeopathy also offers an effective remedy to manage this phase of life. As with all conditions, homoeopathy believes in treating the individual as a whole and not just provide symptomatic relief. Your homoeopath will ask you a number of questions to arrive at a diagnosis and base treatment on that, which is highly customised.
While the following four products are commonly used, it is always advised to not self-medicate in homoeopathy.
- Caulophyllum: Made of Blue Cohosh, this is commonly used during pregnancy and post labour. During labour, it is helpful if the labour is not progressing with the lack of cervical dilation and irregular contractions. Post labour, it is used if the patient has erratic, shooting, or wandering pains that are unbearable. These pains are also coupled with nausea and vomiting. The pain is, however, intermittent and sharp. The patient will be very hungry, chilly, thirsty, weak, exhausted. The woman will also be nervous and excitable.
- Cimicifuga [Cimic]: This is useful in women who have postpartum pains that are intense in the groin area, thighs, hips and back. It helps in cervical dilation and reducing rigidity during examination postpartum. The woman is apprehensive, confused, and paranoid.
- Pulsatilla: Made from the windflower, it is useful in women who are tearful, sensitive, shy, affection, and requires reassurance. When this reassurance is lacking, she might feel sad, alone, anxious, fearful, or abandoned. There is also an expectation of hugs, consolation, and self-pity. The pain worsens around dusk, the patient craves fatty foods and wishes to be out in the open. There could be other symptoms including varicose veins, nausea, chronic chest congestion, runny nose, and headaches.
- Sepia: There is a severe, bearing down pain as if the uterus and everything along with it would just pop out. The patient would have severe depression, indifference to the baby, might have never wanted the baby in the first place. She would be sad, offended easily, and irritable. She might have had children with short intervals.
Talk to your homoeopath and there are definitely ways to relieve the postpartum pains completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.