Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajalaxmi Walawalkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajalaxmi WalawalkarYour feedback matters!
I' m 19yrs old girl and I go through severe abdominal pain in first two days of periods. So what should I do to get rid of it?
Hey, I'm a GIRL actually I had sex few weeks before and now now I'm pregnant, and I want to abort it. So when should I abort?
Hello mam, A mother has a baby of age 1.5 months. If she wears bra, will it produce the required amount of milk?
Hi doctor 3 days before my wife got abort a child which has a heart problem so doctors suggest us to abort that child. Child aborted without operation. Now m feeling very much guilty. And now whats the right time to pregnant her again.
Yes there was no development of fetus thats why it got clear with d&c it was about 2&half month. Nw tg thyroid is normal & I am taking thyronorm properly. From 2 month I am planning for pregnancy but getting period. Pls help.
I had sex 1st time after my delivery. We had after almost 5 weeks. But it was very painful for me. Too much to bear. What's d reason for d pain Marital status: Married Are you sexually active? Yes Timing during intercourse/ masturbation: 1-5 minutes.
Hi I am 27 year m in relationship from last one years. All are going gud but from last month I feel that when we sex I don't feel like before. I feel my Private part my vagina become loose suddenly from last 15 days that's why when he insert his penis I don't feel so much and can't enjoy. please let me know the way how I can tight my vagina and feel like before and enjoy him more.
I have pcod problem, am using homeopathy since 15 days, there is more acne on my face, I was trying lot of home remedies to remove it, but there was no change on my face, due to acne there are lot of black marks ,am doing exercise daily, I need to attend interview, I can not attend with these face, please suggest me to remove it.
I am thirty years old female, with 22 weeks of pregnancy. This is my third pregnancy and have two kids. During my second pregnancy I started to feel Braxton Hicks around 6 th month of pregnancy and at the seventh month I had preterm labour pain. I was put on complete bed rest for a month and in the beginning of the ninth month I gave birth to a baby. Now this is my third pregnancy, I have started Braxton Hicks again in 18 weeks. Had scanning in 21 weeks and everything seems to be normal with proper cervical length. Should I start taking medicines for preterm labour pain or is it normal.
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.