Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rahul Patel
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul PatelYour feedback matters!
Dr. I'm 29 year old married women. Dr. mujhe aksar neck ke ander infection ho jata hai aur urine infection bhi aksar ho jata hai mai kya karu bar bar hone se mai pareshan ho jati hoon. please advice me.
I am 29 years old. I have dizziness problem from 6 months. Before the dizziness comes often. Now the dizziness problem is always. Which doctor to see?
I have headache since yesterday, my eyes are paining, it feels heavy. And throat is hurting, What should I do?
I am a tutor by profession. 42 years old .I am experiencing certain problems with my throat. No pain. But sour throat. Is this has any connections with throat cancer. Which type of doctor should I consult. I am a chain smoker. I want to quit this ugly habit .tried a lot but in vain. Please guide.
I am 48 yrs old male and I am informed by the ENT specialist to undergo major surgery polyps as I am having breathing problem thorough nostrils due to chronic colds. Will I become very sensitive after this surgery and should I use medication life long. DOCTOR told that if I further dely it may lead to many problems. Pl suggest.
Sir mere nose me se blood aa raha hai kya ye angry ke karan ho sakta hai jukam bhi hai nose me se pani saath aa tha hai.
Right side mastoid air cells show haziness Loss of pneumatiztion of mastoid air cells is seen on left side Sinus and dural plates appear normal Sino dural angle appears normal Impression- Left chronic sclerosing otitis mastoiditis This is x-ray report of ear. What exactly would be the problem. And does it requires any surgery or operation or can be cured through medicines.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.