Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rahul PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 45 year old I have a throat problems pain and tonsil last 2-3 years, doctor say that your abandonment is not proper working, you have a gas problems, toilet not clear at the morning times. please Advice me.
I have cold and cuff problem. Always feels that something stuck in my throat. I usually feels I should spit every min.
I have tonsil stone in my right side of throat, and I also have feeling that their is something in my right side of throat. I don't have any lump or irritation, but I have feel like their is something. So what to do?
I have an operation of tonsils 3 year ago but I have more and more pain in my throat when I eat a sour food item.
My son his age is 11 years old and he is having problem of adenoids and he sleeps with open mouth and also with big snoring and please tell me medicine of swine flu for all family members.
I have 5Year old Maxillary Chronic Sinusitis. Is there any treatment for permanent solution? By any medicine or surgery.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.