Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ragini TalwarYour feedback matters!
I'm 19 years old male. I have black skin tone and small holes on my cheeks. What I have to do to get result.
Sir, I am 22 year old and my hair is getting white. What should I do to get rid of this and to recover natural color of my hair?
Mesotherpay work for melasma dermal pigmentation. As lasers are not recommend on Indian skin. Rest works on the superficial layer. If works what is the science behind.
My son (4th month baby boy) having less hair so please tell hair growth tips n daily usage of baby shampoo (like Himalaya, johnson etc.) safe for babies?
My palms are allergenic. If I touch any detergent or any rough surface for a while, it itches a lot. Can I get answer for this. Thank you.
I have black skin on inner side of my thigh , it looks like rubbed by inner ware, some times severe itching will happen, some bad smell also coming, I used sipderm cream I cures temporarily , I need permanent solution.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hair, which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing : All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
There are also several risks of laser hair removal, which are pretty common and about which you should be aware of. These include.
- Blisters and sunburns: Even though blisters are rare, sunburns are pretty common. You can wear makeup on your face to cover up the side burns unless it has blisters.
- Changes in the color of the skin: Sunscreen can be worn to treat this problem.