Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raghu Ram ShekarYour feedback matters!
I have skin problem from last year and it irritate in summer season and I also use medicine. Which give me some relaxation for few days. Then itching starts again I'm very depressed.
I am 35 yrs old female. before 1 yr my complexion was too fair. But now its became very darken. My skin is too sensitive. As I put any fairer product its become reddish and done dark. So I don't want to use any fairer product. Please guide me the right and useful way.
Sir I am 22yr old I am suffering from skin colour changing on the lips from last 6 months. Please give me good information.
Hi Doctor, my child is 4 years old. Her lips got cracked at the edges. She drink's plenty of water daily. Please suggest me a Medici or lip balm or home remedy for this problem.
After using melacare cream my some skin. Patches turn to black. please tell me some home remedies and diet for making my skin whitish and removing all that discolouration.
Hello. Main kuch 4 ya 5 dino se skin problem face kar rahi hu. I have oily skin. Is liye hamesa pimples hote hain. Kuch dino se skin bohot dry ho raha hain. Bohot khicha khicha mahasoos kar rahi hoon. Skin pe bohot jaga pe safed spots ho gaye hain. Skin layers bhi nikal rahe hain. Main waise koi dawai nahi le rahi hoon. Aur meri monthly circles vi normal hain. Main avi 24 saal ki hu. Is problem se chutkara pane ke liye har roz bohot sara jonson baby cream laga rahi hoon. Par apply k 5 min bad skin firse dry aur kheechi kheechi ho jati hain. Main zyada spycy khana bhi nahi khati. So please tell me ki mujhe kya karna chahiye isse chutkara pane k lliye. Thank you.
Hi Doctor, I have Ichthyosis Vulgaris, due to pollution and other environmental effects, my skin is becoming scaly and flaky. Please advice lotions or any course of action for Ichtyosis. Thanks.
What is the treatment for prickly heat I am having it since 15 days also recommend me a good bathing soap for this. Please advise.
I am having skin problem it look like ring are dark brown in colour what should I do to finish it. And I am also having the hairloss problem with me n I am just 17 years old.
I am 26 years old male, I am suffering from dark spots on my back for more than 3-5 yrs. It looks really bad when I see myself in mirror. Sir, what should I do for this. please suggest me.
I am 22 years old and doing training of Rajasthan police force my height is 175 cm and weight is 55 kg I am very thin in looking so many friends make fun of mine. I am very serious for this my body is thin from childhood and I did many tried to develop for this I take high calories food but my cheek is very down. If any homeopathic and any type course can improve my condition then I will very thankful to you and Remembering in life. So I requested to develop my body and good looking for my cheek by it my face will be attractive. Very very Thanks.
I have hemorrhoids. Pain also coming at anus. Presently I am not taking any medicine for thet. I am not married now. I am ready to marriage after 4 months. My age 26 yr. My question is "is this hemorrhoids effects my sex life" is coming like erectile dysfunction problems" please tell me.
I sleep from 2 am to 8 pm. This has been happening from last two years. I am also suffering from dark circles from two years. And I did note that I dont know u may find it weird but my face muscle or size has been decreased. I am very serious about these dr. Help me with these issues. Even tough I am smart, descent and hard working person.
Sir/mam, Mere face ka rang bhot hi kala hota jaa rha h so please suggests me to remove this aur mere face ka rang pehle ki tarah ho jaaye. Please advise.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.