Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RadhikaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now? please help me.
I met with an accident on Dec 2013 and my femur got fractured so I have a rod in my right leg. Till now I did not removed the rod do any problem persists in future?
I have pain in the middle and lower back. X Rays show a slight compression at L4/L5 and at the penultimate & last vertebra. Could I relive the pain by exercises and if so which ones would you recommend? I do play tennis, golf occasionally and exercise quite regularly.
One year ago I went to gym there I picked heavy weight that's why I have back pain what should I do.
I have lost 8 kgs because of depression n because of that I am having back pain and body pains. What shall I do for the pain and to gain back my weight.
I had dislocated my knee cap on 21st of september. Almost 4 weeks are over .i am unable to lift my leg up on my own and also I am unable to bend my leg on my own. My MRI says that I have 1.marrow edema seen in patella and bilateral femoral condyle suggestive of trabecular fractures with bone bruise .2.partial tear of lateral collateral ligament noted. 3.grade-I-tear seen in anterior horn of lateral meniscus. 4.moderate knee joint effusion. Can you please tell me is all these things serious? What should I do? Could you please suggest me some exercises so that I can lift leg and bend my leg on my own. Please suggest me everything required please. Thank you so much.
Hi sir , This is regarding my father , who has gastric problem which leads to pain on joints and shoulders . His Age is 50 , please help me how to completely cure Acidity.
My mother is having a knee pain from 2 months. What can we do for that. She is taken the calcium tablets (recommended by the Doctor)
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.