Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R T DhediaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and I got married before two months. My problem is that my period time is 15th to 18th day of month but after one of marriage my period came on date 9th day of month means it had come only in 20 days. What about this? please reply me very soon I am worried about that.
I am 21 yrs. I had my menstrual cycle on august 11 then later on august I had ipill on 20 august I started bleeding again on 29th august firstly I thot its vaginal bleeding bt I had vry heavy bleeding first two days ,bleeding lasted for 3 days bleeding was in form of clots. I have not got my periods till now. And I was sexually active too. I did home pregnancy test On Tuesday it showed negative. M I pregnant. What shall I do?
1) Recognize the early warning signs of dehydration.
These can include dark yellow urine, loss of energy, dizziness, loss of coordination, cramps, headaches, or unusual fatigue. If left untreated, more extreme symptoms can occur.
2) Allow for acclimation.
Acclimation is the body's adaptation to a hot environment. Slowly increase practice intensity and duration over the first two weeks of training. Most cases of heat illness occur in the first 2 to 3 days of training.
3) Drink up.
Once acclimated, fluid intake needs to be greater because sweat losses will be higher.
4) Have fluids within arm's reach.
Fluids should be easily accessible during workouts, practices and games.
5) Don't rely on thirst.
Drink during exercise to minimize
6) Favor sports drinks over water.
Research demonstrates that the carbohydrate in sports drinks fuels muscle 2,3,4,5 and sodium encourages voluntary drinking and promotes hydration.1,6,7
7) Drink it. Don't pour it.
Pouring fluid over your head may feel great but won't help restore body fluids or lower body temperature.
8) Exercise in the morning or evening.
This is when the weather is coolest. Also, avoid the direct sun to minimize radiant heat from the sun and hot playing surfaces.
9) Dress for the weather.
Keeping cool in hot weather means wearing fewer clothes and frequently removing gear like helmets during breaks.
10) Break it up.
Increase the frequency and duration.
What is the best way to avoid pregnancy if we r having sex in a regular or weekly basis? P always use condoms. But just in case.
300 Calories is the average calorific value of our daily sugar intake. It's no wonder then that dietician and weight loss (Learn more about weight loss) gurus across the world will advise you to quit added sugar as the first step of a weight loss program. Added sugar refers to processed sugar in the form of cubes, sugar crystals or powdered sugar and does not include natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables etc. Apart from cakes and sweets, we eat added sugar in a number of ways including a number of packaged foods like sauce and salad dressings.
If you consume a lot of sugar on a daily basis, quitting added sugar could leave you with withdrawal symptoms. Quitting added sugar is not easy, but here are a few reasons it is well worth the effort.
- You'll have fewer pimples: Sugar has inflammatory properties. This can trigger systemic inflammation leading to the acne. Thus quitting sugar can instantly reduce the number of pimples on your face and give you clearer skin (Learn more about Healthy Skin).
- It improves the health of your heart: Added sugar can raise insulin levels. This activates the sympathetic nervous system and increases blood pressure and heart rate. Stopping your consumption of added sugar can lower cholesterol levels and decrease the amount of triglycerides in the body. This lowers blood pressure and boosts cardiovascular health. (Know more about blood sugar level)
- A friendly weight scale: Replacing toffees with dry fruits will considerably reduce your calorific intake. Similarly switching packaged salad dressing for fresh homemade dressing can also make your salad healthier. Given that we eat added sugar in so many forms, making a conscious decision to quit added sugar can have a big impact on your daily calorie intake. Studies show that this simple step can lead to a weight loss of up to 10 pounds in six months.
- It'll make remembering names easier: Added sugar can hinder learning and memory. Over time, it can also damage communication between brain cells. Quitting sugar can boost both your short term as well as long term memory. You will also find it easier to focus on will be able to be attentive to something for longer periods of time.
- A good night's sleep: You don't just need 8 hours of sleep a day; you need 8 hours of restful sleep at the right time. Sugar makes blood sugar fluctuate and the crash that follows a sugar high can make you feel sluggish around mid-day. Many people find that if they have an afternoon nap, it becomes more difficult for them to fall asleep at night. Sugar also releases cortisol that interferes with sleep. Thus quitting added sugar can keep you alert through the day and help you fall asleep easier at the end of the day.
Dear sir, My wife's last period was on the 19th April last month, we had inter course on the 16th day of her menstrual cycle, that is the 4th of may, unfortunately the condom broke and I ejaculated inside. She is 50 years and still fertile. Immediately within an hour she had an emergency contraceptive i pill, I would like to know, 1. What are the chances of her being pregnant. 2. How soon can we detect pregnancy in a home pregnancy test like velocity or I can, 3. In case she had ovulated, what are chances of fertilization and implantation 4. Keeping the current situation in mind, can she be administered with mensovit plus before the implantation occurs and to avoid implantation, and she could have her periods. 5. In case implantation has occurred, will mensovit plus help in aborting. Today is only the 6th day after sexual intercourse and another 15 days for her next cycle. She is on Thyroxine 100 for thyroid.
Hello am 25 years old, its been 25years old got married, my husband is about 30 years old, now we are planning for a baby, we had sex on this month ie on 12th, we did alternatively but not continuously we did 4 times, I had periods on this month 22nd but I got periods on 19th, we had did. Sex but how I got periods that I do know am scared about this, on every month i'll get periods before 7days or 5 days. Is this correct plan that we had done? What is the problem, please tell me the solution.
My regular menstrual period was 5th January. But during this period for the first time no blood flow is there only the white liquid is coming. Kindly give me proper suggestions what's the problem & what I have to do.
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine device or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective.
Hello my wife face big problem of white fall (white water) From last 6 month. Please guide me how stop this. Normal white water is ok but now big problem. Thanks.
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, stir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from roadside vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Morning Horlicks 1cup milk, 5 badam 1roti with sabzi Coconut water then a fruit 1roti sabzi or rice daal Fruit may b banana, watermelon, mango shake, any 1of these Real fol (folic tablet) That's it this is my diet these days m bit concern is this good m 8 week pregnant.
I have minor pcod prblm so my periods is irregular. My Dr. recommend me some tablets T3 and Apcod obis since 4 months. She told me that after 4 months your periods is regural n no problem. But still my date is 19th but missed this date. What should I do. Plsss tell me fast.
Good evening doctor, My question is, I have gone follicular study. Day 14th my follicle has been ruptured today is 16th day. We had intercourse 11th day to 15 day daily once is it possible get pregnant or else any signs and symptoms will occur after 15th day. Please tell me i am waiting heard good news or I'll get very disappoint. Thanking you.
Vaginal discharge is a normal physiological phenomenon, in which the consistency of vaginal discharge varies throughout the cycle. Healthy vaginal discharge is clear or white in colour, with normal and non-offensive odour. Sometimes right before menstruation, your vaginal discharge may hold a brownish tinge.
The consistency of the discharge varies mostly on the hormonal changes in the body. When the levels of oestrogen are low, the cervical mucus that is liberated as discharge may be perceived as sticky and thick. When the oestrogen levels rise up, the discharge becomes wetter, more stretchy and clearer. Also, after ovulation, the consistency becomes thicker again.
When should you worry about the vaginal discharge?
Greenish, greyish or absurdly brownish in colour
When the discharge appears thicker than normal
When the discharge is more than normal
When it smells absurd like fishy or rotten meat like smell
Pus like discharge
White with cottage cheese like discharge
When the discharge is associated with bloody discharge and burning sensation, rash or soreness.
Diseases caused by vaginal discharge
Yeast Infection: The vaginal discharge is cottage cheese like and may be associated with itching of the vulva. This is also called as thrush. It can be treated easily with antifungal medications such as Fluconazole or Cotrimoxazole.
Vaginitis: Yellowish offensive discharge, which may be profuse, associated with itching and abdominal pain.
Trichomoniasis: This disease is asymptomatic in most cases and you may notice purulent discharge. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had unprotected sex with 20 years old women, and suddenly next day only she got started her period, just suggest me is their any chance to get pregnancy?
I am 29 old I have 3 baby by cesarean one year back I had tubactomy fallopian tubes cut. Now I planning to another child so I want reverse my tubes it possible to reverse n after o become pregnant without risk.
These days everything is available, including a new body. You can get a new nose, jaw, perky breasts and yes, a brand new hymen as well, all through plastic surgery. The procedure of hymen restoration or reconstruction is called hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy, virginity surgery or just hymen reconstruction surgery. The hymen, as you know is a ring-like membrane in a woman’s vagina. It usually ruptures due to vigorous exercise or sexual penetration. This is also usually the reason many women, egged on by families, decide to go for the reconstruction of their hymen because certain cultures value female virginity and losing one’s virginity before marriage is a taboo.
Benefits: The benefits of hymenoplasty , if any, are that it allows women to take control of their futures in conservative societies. If she has been sexually active pre-marriage, she can still decide to go for a traditional marriage without the fear of ostracization. Hymenoplasty surgery restores the ability of the hymen to bleed at intercourse on the wedding night. Victims of sexual assault can also use the procedure to get over the traumatic event and its memories. Some women like to get a hymen rejuvenation to feel young again.
Procedure: Hymenorrhaphy can be done months or years after a woman loses her virginity. It must be performed only by a plastic surgeon. In this procedure, the torn edges of the hymen are sutured back together. If done correctly, the touched-up hymen appears as good as new and bleeds on sexual penetration. Sutures dissolve by themselves after a few days. Hospital stay is only 5-6 hours post hymenorrhaphy. The procedure is done under anesthesia and it usually takes less than an hour to finish. Patients are discharged from hospital the same day and are advised not to do any vigorous activity like playing games, climbing stairs, and of course sex.
Risk involved: There are no documented risks of hymenoplasty and there are no complications either, if the surgeon is good. If an adverse reaction occurs, it’s temporary. Usually any discomfort in the private parts and swelling in the outer parts of the vagina usually subsides within days.
Recovery: The recovery time is minimal and the patient can return to work next day, if she wants. Complete healing, though, takes approximately 4 weeks. Good hygiene is important to avoid infection. Patients are advised to contact their doctor immediately after a hymenorrhaphy if there is fever, abdominal pain, bleeding from vagina or the reconstructed hymen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.