Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R T DhediaYour feedback matters!
I want to know whether m pregnant or not? My periods are regular but this months 4 july I got only spotting for half day. I feel very lazy all day and have dizziness also. I did pregnancy test but it comes out negative. What should I do now?
My wife had no periods for 4 months, she is now started bleeding and clots since 14 days, advice, she is 51 years of age.
Hello Sir good evening, Today Maine fir test kiya. Abhi bhi negative aaya hai. sir main two times test ker chuki hu kyaa kru. Sir I'm very tense .kyaa abhi or wait kru please sir aap btaye.
Dear doctor, my son and me engage in intercourse regularly after my divorce. My son is 22. Will it harm us, should we be careful and have precautions. Im aged 43. Which sex positions are/is safe this age.
We are married for 8 months. We are having unprotected sex. Have not conceived yet. Recently she has been consulted with a doctors. USG done. Normal found. Prescribed iron. Vitamin tablets. Still not conceiving. Help.what should we do. Should we wait?
I am 20 years old. I am suffering from PCOD since I am 12 year old during my 1st period. I am also an animeya .2 years ago.
Im a 22 old girl. I hv a heavy breast. Im looking ugly. How can I get 28 size breast as soon as possible.
I just gave birth and passed away my 7 months premature baby 20 days ago. I wants to get pregnant again as soon as possible. Give me a suggestion please is it ok or not.
Pre-eclampsia may affect some women during the second half of their pregnancies or after they deliver the baby. Ladies suffering from pre-eclampsia show symptoms like hypertension, problems in retaining fluids (oedema) and large amount of protein in their urine (proteinuria). If it is not treated in time, it can cause a lot of complexities during the pregnancy and even after the delivery. Pre-eclampsia increases the risk of harmful effects for both the mother and the baby. The real reason for pre-eclampsia is still unknown, but it is believed that it is thought to occur when there is an issue with the placenta (the organ that connections the child's blood supply to the mother's). Pre-eclampsia in pregnant women often goes undiagnosed.
Women may present with headache, visual disturbance, pain in upper tummy, nausea, vomiting and rapidly progressive oedema. Complications of placental insufficiency can lead to IUGR(Intrauterine growth restriction), placental abruption and in severe cases, if left untreated, intrauterine death. It may affect women`s kidney, liver, cardiovascular, brain and blood clotting systems in severe cases.
Complications: As pre-eclampsia develops further, it can create complications in retaining liquid (oedema). Oedema is responsible for causing sudden swelling of the feet, lower legs, face and hands during pregnancy. It occurs in the lower parts of the body, for example, the feet and lower legs and increases gradually during the day. In case the swelling is sudden, and affects the face and hands, it could be a result of pre-eclampsia.
Risks: There are a few factors that could increase your risk of falling prey to pre-eclampsia. This might require immediate treatment. These are:
- If it is your first pregnancy, pre-eclampsia will probably happen during your first than the ones that will happen later.
- It has been 10 years since you were last pregnant.
- You have a family history of the condition. For instance, your mom or sisters have had pre-eclampsia.
- You had pre-eclampsia in a past pregnancy. There is an around 20% chance that you will experience the condition again in later pregnancies.
- You are in your teens or are more than 40 years of age.
- You have a current medicinal issue like diabetes, kidney problems, headaches or hypertension.
- You were obese towards the beginning of your pregnancy (your body mass index was 30 or more).
- You are expecting multiple babies like twins or triplets (this spots more strain on the placenta).
The main indication of pre-eclampsia in the unborn baby is slow and stunted growth. This is brought about by poor blood supply through the placenta to the child. The developing child gets less oxygen and less supplements than it is supposed to. This can affect the growth and development of the child. This is called 'intra-uterine growth restriction, or 'intra-uterine growth impediment'.
Treatment: Bringing down the blood pressure and dealing with the symptoms in a proper manner can help in managing pre-eclampsia. Delivering the baby is the best way to treat pre-eclampsia. If it is confirmed that you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll be asked to stay in the hospital until your baby is delivered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"