Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Purshottam VashistaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My friends name is Sonit and he is having digestion problem, he requires a healthy diet routine. Can you help.
I can eat food at home but whenever I have to go out of town, my stomach gets upset because of change of schedule as well aa food type. Now a days, I started worrying about the change of schedule before itself and don't even feel hungry. How can I increase my digestion flexibility. Suggest any home remedy.
I have a problem of Indigestion and stomach is not getting clean properly and due to that I always have acidity in my stomach. Please help me with the medicine without any side effects. Thanks.
Hi sir, I was struggling with gas trouble, every day morning my stomach was like bubble, I use take eno.&pantocid. Please give any suggestion.
From few days I m having gastric problem. please tell me some ayurvedic medicine or treatment. Thanks in advance.
I am a 19 year old male. I am non alcoholic. For the last 3 months my sgpt has been in the range of 70-100. I have done lft, usg of upper abdomen but everything except sgpt is normal. I took udimarin forte 300 mg for 2 months but of no use. I am vaccinated for hepatitis b. I am very much concerned about this. What should I do now? Kindly answer please.
Forming of gas in the stomach is my problem, please give instructions for removing the gas from stomach, it looks in such a way that my stomach is enlarged and I am looking like a aged person.
Dear Dr, my mother was suffering from stomach issue like gas and inflammation just below the ribcage for the last few years and recently she changed resident and water quality is average and we drink hand pump water or tap water directly, suddenly she suffered from acute pain we asked a doctor in our family took her for ultrasound. The report says. No free fluid seen in POD Gall bladder - Thickened wall GB enlarged in size distended and has an oval calculus shadow at neck 15.1 mm. Impression - cholelithiasis with chronic cholecystitis. Doctor advise to have immediate surgical removal as it indicates stone in kidney, please advise if it can be done through medicine or immediate operation is required. Thanks.
When I take lunch or dinner, after 10-15 minutes it feels like burning in my food pipe and some very sour water coming back to my mouth from stomach. I had consulted a doctor and underwent ultra sonography but the reports were absolutely fine. Doctor gave me a medicine (sompraz-L) to take it early morning with empty stomach for 7 days. Nowadays, I am suffering from vomiting in the early morning. I usually vomit out some sour water in the morning. After this vomiting, my throat got infected. This problem has become a major problem of my life.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.