Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Purshottam Vashista
Submit a review for Dr. Purshottam VashistaYour feedback matters!
Dr. Told me that my liver has increased you can say fatty liver. Currently, I am having two medicines one is Daber's happen and Carduus Marianus 30. Please suggest me something to fast recovery. Some times I feel pain in Chest center part as well.
I am 19 years old male, having blood with stool. Blood is not coming mixed with stool, coming separately Condition of blood: normal fresh red liquid Condition of stool: normal yellow.
What precautions should I take if I have gallstones? Should I go for gallbladder removal or wait till the condition become troublesome?
My ANTI TPO ANTIBODY are >THAN 1000.0 IU/ML as per blood test. I am suffering from a high stress. My digestion is not good enough to keep my mood fresh. I am 25 years Male bachelor. Before 3 months I loss my 5 kg weight. But keeping a diet I gain it back. Now 58 kg. I am not having short breaths and discomfort in breathing, abdominal pain, and upper right back pain.
Dear Sir my age is 62 years old I am suffering from chronic anal fistula past 4-5 months initially too much pain & bleeding but now it has become small but roots are still alive its not cured fully sometimes pain n some discharges comes normally I am using betadine solution n sucral ano cream with some homeopathic medicines but recovery is very slow I want to avoid surgery please suggest some other effective ointments or medicines that I can it will your great help I don't want to undergo surgery.
I am suffering from liver enlargement problem. I am now 36 year having two child. Pl. Suggest me what to do and what not to do.
Mouth ulcers are sores that appear in the mouth, often on the inside of the cheeks, tongue and gingival tissue.
They are painful and take 7-10 days to heal.
Ulcers in oral cavity: Traumatic ulcer
The traumatic ulcer of the oral mucous membranes is a lesion that is caused by some form of trauma.
- Biting the mucosa
- Denture irritate
- Toothbrush injury
- Exposure of the mucous membrane to a sharp tooth or carious lesion
- Injury to the mucosa by some other external irritant
- Cotton roll injury
- Factitial injuries
Are accidentally self induced injuries on the basic of habit with a frequent psychogenic backgrounde. Gulcer of the tongue caused during an epileptic seizure
- Habits such as lip – biting
- Cheek – biting
- Unconscious gingival trauma.
- Emotional distress
- Orthodontic or denture injury
- Aggressive dental cleaning
- Hormonal changes
- Hypersensitivity to certain foods
- Strawberries, lemon, chocolate nut etc
- Canker Sores – These are small white or yellow centre lesions with a red border. They develop in the mouth on the tongue, inside cheek area, lips, gumline and throat areas, They are not contagious
- Cold Sores- These sores appear as clusters of red, raised blisters outside the mouth typically around the lips, but they can develop under the nose or under the chin. They are highly contagious.
- Tooth abscess – This occurs when there is a bacterial infection in the nerve of the tooth.
The treatment is palliative and symptomatic
- Antimicrobial agent
- Localized corticosteroids
- Topical anaestheticslike oralgel or dologel
- Preventing injuries of mouth i.e changing the toothbrush regularly and changing ill-fitting denture
- Vitamin supplements such as VITAMIN C tablets and vitamin B-COMPLEX
- W/S rinse and baking soda rinses.
- Peroxyl mouth sore rinse
- Chlorhexidine oral rinse