Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PurandareYour feedback matters!
Sir when I insert my penis in my wife's vagina my penis does not enter and my wife feels lot of pain because its her 1st time sex and she is 18 years old. What can I do?
I am a married man. Me & my wife doing family planning. My wife is trying to conceive. But every time my semen is coming out from her vagina. I don't know what to do. Can you help me?
I have got married for 5years. We had not plan a baby since last 4.5yers. For the first one and half year I used a oral pill named ovral D. Then we used condom. Now how can we get success for a baby? We are trying for last 3 months. Is there any need to check a Dr. and have some tests?
Yoga is not simply a set of exercises, but a lifestyle. When practicing yoga, asanas and nutrition go hand in hand to improve your quality of life. Your digestive system, immunity and energy levels are directly linked to the food you intake. If there is a problem with any of these, yoga asanas can help resolve it.
- Digestion: Not all food is easy to digest. Instead of popping laxatives and antacids after every meal, change the food you're eating. Citrus fruits and leafy vegetables that are rich in fiber aid digestion and prevent constipation. Some foods like yogurt, bananas and garlic are probiotics that support the growth of gut bacteria and keep your stomach healthy. Also include carminatives or foods that prevent the formation of gas like cumin, ginger and oatmeal.Yogic asanas such as the spinal twist, Apanasana and Paschimottanasana can help smoothen the digestive process.
- Immunity: Eating the right food can help boost your immunity. Citrus fruits are rich sources of vitamin C that directly strengthen the immune system. Herbs like turmeric, ginger and garlic are rich in antioxidants and linked to the prevention of a number of diseases including several types of cancer. Proteins also help nourish your immune system and hence should not be ignored. A combination of asanas and yogic breathing techniques can help boost your immunity. Some asanas to try include Viparita Karani, Bhujangasana, Matsyasana and Adho Mukha Svanasana. These poses help lower stress and boost immunity by pumping rich oxygenated blood to all the parts of the body.
- Energy: The food you eat is turned into glucose to fuel the body and maintain a constant supply of energy. Soy and green leafy vegetables that are rich in iron can effectively boost your energy levels. Fruits like apples, bananas and oranges can also help increase your energy. Yogurt rich in magnesium does not directly contribute towards the creation of glucose but helps the body release this energy whenever needed. Yoga asanas help increase blood flow and increase the heart's capacity to pump blood through the body. A few yoga poses that can boost energy are the camel pose, tree pose and warrior asana.
- Relaxation: Sipping on a cup of green tea is a good way to end the day and relax. Other food like honey, milk, celery and oatmeal can also help calm the body and fight off the day's stress. Apart from being delicious, dark chocolate also releases hormones that ease stress and help relax a person.
Practising yoga breathing techniques like pranayama can effectively release tension. Supta Baddha Konasana, Viparita Karani and the Supta Matsyendrasana can also help increase energy levels.
I am 27 years old. I observed light spotting at middle of my cycle. After 10 days I have periods like indigestion, cramping and backache with bleeding. Every time I have periods at 28days.
Dear Sir/ Madam, When I tested my wife urine the result was weekly pregnant. Even after 8 weeks scanning report was showing 5 weeks pregnant YOLK SAC WAS SEEN BUT NO CORPUS FOUND. Spotting was started after 7 weeks. Doctor suggesting for abortion. I want to know the reason why this is happened. Kindly answer.
What causes warts? Can we prevent it?
Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
Sir I was asked question. Iam 35 years my blood group b.Negative.I have no children's I have two oboration sstill I have no childrens.I have testing all hormones test s.But no reasons all reports are normal.Docter hcg test.And antibodies test.Hormones tests also but all tests are normal. Ofter secand aboration docter giving anti d injection. Now I take to treatment in two years but no.Conceive.Still two months back docter giving iui treatment. But no conceive.Please sir I to I get pregnant.
My Beta hug level is 1723 and on ultrasound doc could not locate gestational sac? Is it ectopic pregnancy.
It is a popular belief that summers are better for exercise routines and therefore more walking and running can happen. Not just that, the basic metabolic rate is believed to go higher as foods are burned faster and more effectively. However, there is a need to watch what you eat and how much do you exercise cautiously, whatever the season.
With summer comes the time for holidays, which means more eating out a lot more, barbeque nights, and more traveling. It is very important to watch not just calories, but also the healthy quotient of the foods.
- Cooling Foods: Well, ice-creams and smoothies may provide a cooling effect, they are not totally cool. The soaring temperatures increase the urge to indulge in smoothies and ice-creams. While it is okay to indulge in them maybe once in a week, ordering an ice-cream or a smoothie on a daily basis is to be avoided. Opt for low-calorie, no-fat smoothies, or frozen desserts. Tender coconuts and plain fruit juices are another option. Tender coconut is the best option as it is naturally protected and packed with nutrition.
- Barbecue nights: While summer allows you to enjoy a barbeque party in your garden or the terrace, watch what actually gets barbequed and eaten. Grilling is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods, but the side dishes do the most harm. The cheesy dressings and salads take away the benefits of eating the grilled foods. While calories are one thing to watch for, hygiene is another thing. With summer setting in, the number of food-borne diseases also increases.
- Picnic foods: Summer holidays bring in time for picnics and outings. Whether you have a beach in your neighborhood or a hilltop just a couple of hours drive away, it is common to see families heading out for picnics with packed food stuff. The food per se may not be as harmful as the chips, fries and other accompaniments that go with it. Add to it the urge to include ice-creams while on the go, they could push your calories straight upwards. And whether you are headed to the beach or the hilltop, the combination of the cool weather and the hot summer puts you at a higher risk for food poisoning. Make sure you eat fully cooked food and not pick from any joint on the way.
- Beer: There can be nothing more inviting than a mug of chilled beer for the adults during summer. However, do not forget to pay attention to the calories that get added through it. Be mindful of this fact. We are not saying you should quit, but you definitely need to watch the amount of calories that you are gulping down from the mug.
There are many other tips to watch for in your diet during summer, however, these are the major dangers.