Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PurandareYour feedback matters!
My gf is suffering from irregular period She always have 2-3 days later period from pernicious one so whats the problem actually And what is solution for that. She also suffer lot or pain. And his date like every month 11 first month 13 next month 15, 17, 18, 21, 23 so on.
Respected sir, My wife is a pregnant in 7 month, doctor said to do blood glucose test, her blood glucose level is little high 113 before breakfast & 148 after breakfast is there any problem for the mother & child & how to bring it on normal level. please suggest it.
Studies are being carried out daily to better understand our sexuality
Various studies have been carried out with the aim of better understanding our sexuality and why we do what we do, sexually. They also look into things that can impact our sex life.
Below are the top 12 studies result that really blew our minds.
1. Cycles of light affect our fertility
Women used to menstruate during the new moon (when it’s dark at night) and ovulate during a full moon (when it’s light). Now, in a world full of artificial lighting and bright screens, women are not as in tune with the connection between their biology and nature. Some have tried “lunaception,” altering the lights in their bedrooms based on the moon lighting to change their ovulation.
2. Women can get pregnant five to eight days after having sex
Studies have shown that some sperm can live in the cervical mucus crypt before the egg is actually fertilized for anywhere from five to eight days after sex.
3. Wearing high heels can negatively affect a woman’s orgasm
Certain high-end shoe brands developed the arch in their high-heeled shoes to approximate the arch in a woman’s pelvis when she is having an orgasm. The heels create a contraction in the pelvic floor, which is problematic because the pelvic floor then cannot contract further during orgasm. An orgasm is usually like going from zero to 60. If you’re already at 55 [from wearing heels], you’re not going to have a full experience.
4. Orgasms can make women more creative
Studies have shown that orgasms can make women more confident, productive and creative. And it’s a feedback loop—women achieve fuller orgasms when they are being creative.
5. Birth control pills dampen the libido
Any hormonal contraception has that psychological side effect. Sometimes women even have trouble conceiving once they’re off the pill because while they may have been attracted to their partner on the pill, they’re not actually compatible with each other biochemically without the extra hormones.
6. Sitting in chairs can arouse women
Pudendal nerves, underneath the buttox and the sitting bones, feed arousal tissues (in the vagina, clitoris, anus, etc.). Sitting in a certain kind of chair pressing on the pudendal nerves in a certain way can lead to sexual arousal.
7. …But it can also dampen their orgasms
On the other hand, sitting in chairs for most of the day shortens the pelvic floor and psoas muscles—muscles which are essential to a full-body orgasm. When these muscles are tight from sitting too much, women find it harder to achieve a great orgasm.
8. Women have three erogenous zones
The clitoris, the G Spot, AND the opening of the cervix. Some argue nipples belong on that list too.
9. Nerve endings are distributed differently in every woman’s vagina
Like a snowflake, each woman is unique in that her nerve endings are distributed in her genitalia differently than anyone else. That means, every woman needs to employ slightly different methods to achieve orgasm.
10. The pulsations a woman feels during orgasm are actually her uterus trying to gather sperm
Round ligaments that end in the labia majora rock the uterus back and forth during orgasm so that the cervix has the opportunity to potentially scoop semen up that may have pooled in the back of the vagina to enhance fertility
11. Being well hydrated leads to better orgasms
Because the body is mostly fluid, being hydrated enhances people’s ability to achieve orgasm.
12. All woman can achieve orgasm
Almost no woman was born unable to achieve an orgasm. Women have the innate machinery programmed to have orgasms. But not everybody learns how to use that machinery well
My aunt is suffering from breast pain from past 3 weeks. Though we took her to doctor. Doctor said there is no problem to her but still she feeling the pain.
Hi I have been married for five year's but I am living in a sexless marriage where my wife never shows any interest in making love, I have never seen the desire in her she is so dormant when it comes to sex and this is so frustrating now. Is there a cure for this, can she be treated with some medicines?
I am 29 Years old am suffering from RHD severe Mr. Doctor advice me don, t try for pregnancy. Is there any solution?
Hi I am 27 years old and I am 5 days late to period . My last date of period is 20-6-2016 and on July 25 I checked for pregnancy it is negative. Doctor suggested me to take cap. Hald sr for getting periods . I am confused actually I am trying for pregnancy. What shall I do now should I use tablet for getting periods, or wait for few days for confirmation. please help me.
I am 3-4 weeks pregnant and I still smoke does it harm to my baby what should I do now is it okay to conceive or should I abort I want a healthy baby.
Mdm. Unwanted kit medicine aj last 4 tablets khye h. Or aaj he period start ho gya. Lekn par Dard bht de rha h. Or Vomiting bhi lag rhi hai to hospital se injection le h to kuch nhi hoga na ab period me.
Hi we are newly married couple we tried sex with lots of force play and lubricants after that session girl has a little bleeding from past few days from virgina When ever she went to toilet. Is that normal or any problem.
Hi doctor, I had been married for 3 years now and want to get pregnant. But one information I would like to tell that I have severe menstrual pain during my period days for first 3 days. Sometimes I have to take painkillers injections. My sonography results shows that all my reproductive organs are alright. I conceived for the last two months but result is negative. Please advice how to get pregnant ?
It might seem difficult to overcome feelings of it but there are in fact various ways you can deal with it. It is often observed that an individual feels ashamed or guilty about their urges.
In most cases, sexual repression stems from certain social and cultural norms. It affects both the sexes and generally sets off from an early age. Following are the ways to overcome sexual repression:
1. Teach yourself various sexual values - Whenever thoughts of sexual repression cloud your mind and lowers your sexual urges, try getting rid of these thoughts gradually. Replace your depressing thoughts with thoughts about sex being a natural activity. Teach yourself to look at sex differently and stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.
2. Avoid taking negative opinions regarding sex from other people - You might long for a company when you are miserable and sexually repressed. Talking to people who are sexually repressed themselves will do little good as they might impose their own feeling on you. It's best not to take their advice or argue with them. Instead, you can form your own sexual values and strengthen them over time.
3. Be more vocal about sex - This conversation is not the one where you make sexual jokes or is otherwise completely irrelevant and of little use. Pour it and try conveying your feelings to people who are close and empathetic towards you. Interact with your partner and ask about their opinion on sexual repression and healthy sexual ideas.
4. Expose yourself to the sexual values of different culture - According to studies, Holland and Austria are among the most sexually liberal countries. Italy is also considered moderately liberal about its sexual values. You can try knowing about the various countries like Japan which is among the sexually repressed nations. Learning about various ways and forms of sexual repression will broaden our outlook and make you look at sex differently altogether. In a way, it can help you deal with your own sexual repression.
Related Tip: What If You Have Unprotected Sex??
I am 27 years old married woman. I am trying to get pregnant. In dec I got my periods on 3rd, in January on 6th in february on 12 and in march on 21st. What are the fertile period during which we can make relation to get pregnant.
Is it normal if the size of egg is small larger than the normal size on the 10 day as I am trying to conceive. please tell us.
I have lots of pain in my period time Sometime I'm suffering from fever. And I have a tumor in my breast (lymph nodes category 2 according to my mammography report) Size of tumor is 3 c. M. What should I do?
I got married on 9 Jan and my menstruation date is 21 and my periods are starting before my date now almost it's going to complete 3 months I am not getting pregnant so wht would be the reason please help.
Maine apni gf k saath unprotected sex kiya uske. Period khatam hone k 2 din baad kya wo pregnant ho skti hai kya?
Last month I received periods on 7th march but this month still periods has not come and today is 17th April. I did pregnancy test itself with test machine but result shows negative. Do I need to wait more days to test once more? Please suggest.
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.