Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Priyesh ShettyYour feedback matters!
I have pain in the joint of upper and lower teeth. Joint pain causes pain in ear. Severe pain at night. What should I do ?
In case of geographic tongue, I am taking all care which is necessary. I m taking vitamin supplements, oral take care & whatever risk factor I have removed. So, I get relief 60-70%but, it completely not clear. So, 1 doctor in the past suggest me candid lotion (clotrimazole) topical solution usp for white patches. So, I want to know it can be use or not?
I am facing bad breath problem. Even though used to brush twice in a day and also use tongue cleaner. I am also using mouth wash. Still facing the problem of bleeding gum and bad breath. Please help me and suggest me the remedy.
Dear sir my teeth is full yellow I am thinking to clean from BDS but my friends is telling do not do that after cleaning you will face problem so please tell what is right way to clean my teeth.
I have habit of eating pan masala and my teeth are badly red. Is there any remedy without going to a dentist.
Why there is no transparent braces available which is lot cheaper and it is available online but it is not available in nearby dental hospital. I couldn't afford the metal braces.
The mouth is the first organ that takes the brunt of smoking. The teeth, lips, cheeks, tongue are all affected by smoking. While most are worried about the discoloration of the teeth and lips, the damage is actually quite deep rooted literally and figuratively. The harmful effects of smoking reach the roots and eventually lead to tooth loss.
Let us look at some ways how smoking affects the teeth.
1. The black stains that are the tell-tale signs of a smoker are a major source of irritation to the teeth, especially along the gum line. On one hand, they do not allow proper cleaning of the gums and on the other, they are a constant source of irritation leading to inflammation. The result is there is damage beneath that layer of black stains, which does not become visible unless the signs of infection become evident pain, redness, swelling or even pus formation in some cases.
2. Smoking conceals the gum disease from becoming evident, thereby, reducing the chance of identifying and treating the disease at an early stage. This progresses to more severe periodontal disease, where the bones and supporting tissues that hold the tooth in place are infected and gradually the tooth weakens.
3. The nicotine in the smoke also promotes the growth of bacteria that lead to plaque formation and thereby worsen the pace at which gum disease happens.
4. Another aspect is that in smokers, the ability of the gums to heal is reduced drastically, thereby, leading to progressive incremental damage and eventual tooth loss.
5. Nicotine reduces the amount of minerals in bones and especially in postmenopausal female smokers, the bones are quite weak and the incidence of periodontal disease is also quite high.
To summarize, for smokers, the risk for gum disease is higher and the recovery of gum disease is delayed. The duration and number of cigarettes has a direct effect on the gum disease. Of note, the effects are more severe in females, compared to males.
The good news however, is that quitting smoking (and other forms of nicotine) can show immediate results, including complete reversal of the damage. Other ways to manage include:
1. Regular brushing and flossing, twice a day at least
2. Rinsing after each meal with either a medicated rinse or plain water
3. Clinical cleaning including scaling and root planing if required at regular intervals
4. Minor surgery if required if there is root exposure and/or deep periodontal pockets
5. Abstain from tobacco in any form
Smoking affects the gums and periodontium severely, tooth loss has a strong and direct correlation with smoking. Not many would have thought about the adverse effects of smoking on the dental system. While they sound very alarming, there is definitely hope, with the first step as quitting it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
I am 22 years old male and I'm having dental problem. One of my wisdom tooth has got stuck inside my jaw bone. What should I do now?
My mother is aged about 78 years. For the past 4 years she suffers from mouth dryness. She is not sufficiently getting the saliva and also in regular form. She was taking allopathic treatment for knee pain for about 15 ~ 30 days of ultracet tablet. Is that because of any pain reliever tablet. Could you please suggest any treatment which can cure permanently the mouth dryness issue.
I am 21 years old girl I am having mouth ulcer. It occurs very often means 2-3 times in a month. It is very painful n burning. N it remains for more Dan a week every time. please suggest me the way to cure this and the reason why dese occurs?
My father age is 65 years, suffering from loose motion, actually his teeth removed, on the same day problem happen, giving methi, dicikson wouldn't work, now went to clinic, I wanted to know which are the food to be eaten? Please suggest,
Is there any real teeth whitening procedure? If there what is pricing? How much percentage we can trust those?
My relative had teeth problem. He is having sugar upto 240. Can he go to dentist now or after comung to normal sugar level of 150. Please help by giving your advise.
This 30 second process will leave you with a cleaner mouth overnight. .