Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanka Parab
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka ParabYour feedback matters!
OK. Doctor. Doctor in now days my hairs fall too much. From. It my hair length short and. Hairs look thin. Plzz tell me what should I do. I'm too much worried about Tell me. please reply me soon.
I am suffering from back pain .as my mattress is not good please suggest me how to choose a good mattress which doesn't cause back pain and helps in proper sleep.
I'm 25 year old female. Recently have done a pill abortion before one months. Now it's been one month and a week time but still I didn't get my period back and when I check for the pregnancy it shows negative. Very Small bleeding is happening sometimes and while having sex. Please give me some suggestion.
Hi, I am 25 and I have pigmentation (Melasma) problem, when I was 20 I got small patch on my nose but every year it was growing, now its all over on my face (its dark in the winters and light in summers) I want any permanent solution for this problem.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I am having knocked knees problem only in right leg, left leg is normal. How can I cure it?
I am a 25 yrs old female and suffering from rapid hairloss over all hair is damaged completely from last 2 yrs after childbirth no medicines and oils are helping on it. What should I do? please help.
I have a desk job and for ties years my weight have grown ten kilo what to do Sir please give some advice.
I am fifty four year old female and my gums are bleeding continuously from last fifteen years. What should I do?
Men and women look differently, act differently, dress differently and even communicate in dissimilar ways. Therefore, it's no surprise that their reaction to sex should be different. While men's minds and genitals are usually in alignment, women are less likely to have a link between their mind and genital area. This is because of one of the most complex creations of nature is the human brain, and there are subtle differences in its reactions to different things for both men and women.
How different are the reactions of both the genders to sex?
A study carried out by a psychology professor at queen's university, Meredith chiversk, revealed that while in men the mind and body seem to be in tune with each other, a woman's mind and genitals sometimes respond oppositely to sexual arousal.
What is the reason for this difference in responding?
Firstly, in the case of women, oxytocin (also known as intimacy/cuddle hormone) is released during sex and this hormone encourages bonding and empathy, which leads to an increased feeling of bonding and intimacy.
In the case of men the brain releases more of a hormone, which can make them susceptible to sex addiction. When a man has an orgasm, the main hormone which is released is dopamine (pleasure hormone) and this surge can be addictive.
Men's arousal pattern has repeatedly emphasized their sensitivity to visual stimuli. As soon as the lust-inspiring image registers in their brain, they become turned on, not only physically but also psychologically. Exposure to such erotic stimuli immediately activates that part of their brain that is related to getting an erection. Women, on the other hand, react differently to different stimuli, with their responses varying from emotional to sexual or a mix of both.
The study made use of a total of 134 previous studies of which approximately 1, 900 men and 2, 500 women were a part to come to this conclusion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
What is socialization? Is it permanently? I am facing issue of back pain and disc herniation. L4l5 Pls help.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yot. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you help me with this?
I am 28 years old. I have pigmentation on my both cheeks. Please tell me how can I remove it permanently.
I am 27 year old. I have two problems 1 when I walk too much pain on my legs 2 I set 8 to 9 hours on because because my work that type. That's why pain on my back born please help me what I can do?
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
We feel sad from time to time. But Clinical Depression is a kind of sadness which impairs our day to day functioning is higher intensity and lasts for a prolonged period of time.
How do we diagnose a case of Clinical Depression?
A person typically feels persistent sad as decreased energy, leading to lethargy, has decreased in lack of enjoyment in daily activities and some of the other symptoms which may be present are decreased self-esteem, low sex drive, sleeping, appetite disorder, feelings of guilt and unworthiness, suicidal thoughts along with the weight gain or loss in thelast 2-3months. All of these symptoms should be present 2-3 weeks dor make diagnosis od Clinical Depression.
What causes Depression?
It can either be genetic, environmental or a stressful event. Whatever be the cause, the end result is a clinical imbalance which we seek to treat. Now we know what causes depression.
How do we treat depression?
It is divided into 2 categories,
- Pharmacological - In Pharmacological management, we have medicines through which we can correct the imbalance in the brain. There are many medications available which can help in treating Depression.
- Non-Pharmacological- THis involves Psycho-THerapy which is also called as counselling during which a person seeks help and share their troubles.
- Some of the other measures which you can take to get rid of Depression are to take adequate sleep, adequate exercise, regular diet.
- In extreme cases of Depression, shock therapy may be suggested.
If you like to consult me, you can contact me through Lybrate.