Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PritiYour feedback matters!
My wife is having thyroid. T3. T4. FT3. FT4 are in range. But TSH is high. It is 6.3. What should be done? Is it hypo or hyper. What care should be taken? Is it OK to have baby in this condition.
I am getting my periods before time (10-12days) from last few months. While having periods I have pain in my breast which is not tolerable.
Hi.I've been taking Venlift OD 75 mg and Trika SR 0.5 mg. I've just conceived. Is it advisable to take these medicines during pregnancy ? If not.What to do ?
Second-hand smoke is highly damaging, and in fact sometimes it causes more damage than first hand smoke. The harmful chemicals and particles inhaled in second-hand smoke can accumulate inside your body, and cause long term damages.
What gets damaged due to second-hand smoke?
Damages can happen to the respiratory system, heart, brain, skin and eyes. Items like ammonia, butane, Cyanide, Polonium, Carbon monoxide, chromium and formaldehyde, which are all harmful for the human body are there in the smoke, and these can inhibit many body functions, damage the quality of blood and its oxygen intake power, and create overall havoc to health when exposed to second-hand smoke for a long time.
How to keep away damaging second-hand smoke sources from you?
Once the damage is done, there is as such nothing you may do to revert it back. However, if you try to make a conscious effort to keep yourself, family and children away from the sources of second-hand smoke, then this is the best preventive measure you may take. Let’s look at the various preventive measures you should take to keep yourself away from second-hand smoke and its damage.
The most effective and best way to complete prevention is to quit smoking. Do not smoke, and also advise other family members to quit. This can give you the best results.
Quitting takes time and determination. Hence, if you are into the phase of quitting, and have lessened smoking, you still need to go out of the house or room to smoke.
Keeping items around the room that are bathed with second-hand smoke is also dangerous, as they all have particles of pollute hanging or clinging on to them. The room curtains, cushions, carpets, upholstery and sheets, and mainly the air, all have suspended particles of the smoke which are retained for days. Try steam cleaning or vacuum cleaning to clear them off. Try using an air purifier.
If you want to make sure that none of the family members start smoking, then keep cigars and cigarettes out of the reach of children and others. If they get one, they may want to experiment, thus ending up being an addict. Again, one member who has left smoking may start again if an instigating factor works.
Avoid places where public smoking is encouraged.
Put a board that smoking is prohibited in your home and tell guests about the rules.
These are some of the preventive measures you have to take in order to stay away from the dangerous consequences of second hand smoking.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of aloe vera include the following:
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: aloe vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: aloe vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe vera is the first fda approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called candida albicans and bacterium named streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: the latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: there was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.