Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti SahYour feedback matters!
Running is proven to be one of the most efficient forms of exercise as it has a ton of benefits attached to it. For instance, running helps you in maintaining your body weight by cutting down that unwanted or extra body fat, and helps in keeping you slim and trim. It also aids in improving your metabolism. Regular exercising will keep you energised, and increase your stamina.
Before starting with this physical activity, there are certain things you should know about. These are:
- Be patient: Patience is key! Now, we all know that that nothing can change in a day. You won't notice any signs of improvement on the first day. So, the best thing to do is work out every single day with dedication, and you'll notice the results in a month or so.
- Be Comfortable: It is very necessary to feel comfortable before you start your exercise. If you are going to run with your high heels or slippers on, it's never going to work out. So, it is very important to dress in your most comfortable attire before you start running.
- Eat well: A healthy diet packed with all the essential nutrients is an absolute must if you plan to take up running as a regular exercise. Do not starve yourself at any cost or skip any meal. Running will take up a lot of your energy and a healthy diet is a must if you intend on being fit and strong.
- Drink lots of water: It is very essential to drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Pro tip: Gulp down some water after your run, as we tend to lose water and minerals from our body in the form of sweat.
- Run with music on: Recent studies have proven that running with music on is the better alternative. Music helps us focus more on our goal and also helps us stay calm.
- Consistency: You have to be consistent in your workout and only then will you be able to notice a significant change in your health. Running at least once a day is recommended. Some people tend to run twice a day too, but that depends from person to person. Do not burden yourself too much. Running is an exhausting exercise and you should not force your body too much.
- Calm your body and mind: Running or jogging in the morning can have a positive impact on you as it reduces stress and keeps you calm and sound throughout the day.
My friend, she is not have periods yet? Is their any problem in delay of periods. This is the first time she had like this.
Hai am 26 I took corion injection but there is no ovulation then doctor gave me tablet to get period but it doesn' t come what should I do.
The girl will be virgin after anal sex or not Is the anal sex affect the virginity of a girl.Please tell.
Holi is one of the most enjoyable festivals in India. It is one that everyone looks forward to and is usually known as the festival of colours because we use colours and coloured water to douse our friends and family in a great display of pomp and show. Also, we tend to get doused and remain that way for many hours, mostly in the sun. As such, Holi can also take a toll on our skin by causing discolouration, rashes and insensitivity. So what should one do in order to avoid coming down with bad skin the day after Holi? Here are our secrets, which will leave you with shining skin even after you have had a great time at the festivities!
- Hydration: It is very important to keep yourself well hydrated before you plunge into the festivities. Remember to drink lots of water and ensure that you have a bottle in hand so that you can easily fill up on fluids even as you enjoy yourself with all the sun rays and the colours. This will ensure that your skin does not become too dry.
- Full sleeve clothing: Another good idea to keep your skin protected is to wear full-sleeved clothing so that you do not tan indiscriminately and you do not end up with too much discolouration and rashes on your skin. Wear light fabrics that will dry fast so that the water does not get absorbed by the clothing and into your skin. This will keep your skin relatively dry, even if you enjoy yourself for hours at an end. Avoid synthetics clothes and denim as they would stick to your skin.
- Organic colours: With the whole world going the organic way, why should our Indian festivals remain behind? So, you can now opt for organic colours that have been produced in a safe way with safe ingredients. These natural pigments will ensure that you do not have to scrub and endure rashes and irritation after the festival. It is a good idea to opt for such colours, which can be washed off easily and are bereft of synthetic materials that can harm the skin in the long run. This can also help in avoiding problems like eczema and other skin conditions.
- Oil your hair: India is a land of rich cosmetic tradition. No matter which direction you look in, you will always find that you have a weapon of choice in terms of oils and other ingredients that are absolutely great for keeping your skin and hair in good shape. So our advice is to oil your hair well, preferably with coconut oil, olive oil, or vitamin E oil, so that the colours and the water does not get absorbed onto your scalp. This will also help in keeping your hair moisturised as the colours can make the strands very dry. Always oil the whole body before playing holi.
- Lips: Apply plenty of lip balm before joining the play of colours.
- Nails: Apply a thick coat of dark nail paint before Holi.
It is important that you must apply oil behind your ears, between your finger tips and even near your fingernails. It is ideal that you don't wax or thread or do any facial treatment, at least, three-four days ahead of Holi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Hi I usually get periods normal and regular. I had my last period on october 10th and finished on 16th and normally I get periods 4 to 6 days before the date so I shall be getting my periods on 4th or 5th nov. I had sex on 16th oct the day periods ended. I had protected sex and even took ipill with in 30 hours. Again I had protected sex on 25th october and had ipill again with in 6 hours after that I was waiting for my periods to fall on 4th but I noticed dark brown spotting kind sticky fluid on and of but not like the period heavy flow just spotting since 4th till now that is 9th nov I do not know what is happening why am I not getting my periods. Or when can I expect coz I am already delayed by 5 days and pls tell me is this normal what is happening with me or any chances of pregnancy? If I shal get my periods til when shall I wait more please help. Til how long periods are delayed my date was on 4th til 10th and only on and off spotting happening. Checked pregnancy test wd kit it was one line and showed negative. When can I expect periods I shud have been getting on 4th but spotting started on 4th was that spotting only periods? Pls reply.
Dear Doctor My wufe is aged 48 now she is getting her period after a gap of 3 months and the latest period she got was after a gap of almost 3 month and it continues for 15 days which is very irritating request your valuable advise on this matter.
I just wanted to know is it possible to have periods in pregnancy. Because my friend have periods now but she also checked two months before and she was pregnant. So please give explanation on this.
Mistakes that sabotage a Good Diet
Eating Healthy, eating Clean can sometimes be very confusing. With more and more new information coming up every day, one cannot comprehend what is healthy and what not. However, if you understand a few mistakes that can literally sabotage your good diet, you can surely be assured of eating healthy and clean.
1. You can be wrong with juices
Everyone thinks a glass of orange juice or any other fruit juice can do wonders for your health. But the truth is that you will be better off eating the whole fruit rather than the juice.
Why? For the simple reason, that juices lack the fiber content found in fruits. The fibers slow down digestion of sugar in the fruit whereas their absence in the juice causes the blood sugar to spike and results in insulin resistance.
Besides, packaged juices contain hardly any real fruit, all flavoring and concentrate apart from added sugar, a big wrong in Eating Clean.
2. Drinking your Protein? Na! That can be wrong too!
People like bodybuilders, gym goers drink a lot of protein shakes to get their proteins supplemented. However, protein shakes are OK for those who are on the go or for replacing meals sometimes but they cannot be altogether substituted for protein intake.
Your protein must come from your food. Meat, fish, pulses, eggs and dairy cannot be replaced by shakes since you will definitely miss out the nutritional value that whole foods provide.
Besides, protein shakes may have lot of artificial constituents and refined sugar that can be really bad for you.
3. Can’t understand food labels properly? A great mistake!
With more and more people working, many on the move, packaged food cannot be altogether avoided. However, one must make sure to read and understand the food labels.
The food labels reveal what is inside the package. Anything that has the label – Organic, Raw or Gluten-free is not surely healthy. One must know about ingredients especially things like MSG, Aspartame (artificial sweeteners) etc. that can be really unhealthy.
4. Sugar may be hidden somewhere
Calorie conscious? Avoiding sweets?
Well, even though you are very careful about selecting what you eat and avoid anything that tastes sweet, some sugar may still be hiding in your food increasing your calorie intake, without you knowing about it. Foods like tomato ketchup, pasta sauce, low-fat biscuits/crackers or low-fat dairy products, sandwich bread may all be hiding sugar almost equivalent to that present in a piece of cake. You must learn about hidden sugars and its alternatives to truly understand what you are eating.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am married for 1 year 6 months now and we're thinking of getting pregnant. My friends are suggesting me to take folic acid tablet from now only. But folic acid is making me feel bloated all day. Is this normal? Should I discontinue? What else do I need to know other than folic acid. Please help.
Im a 20 year old girl. Im getting my periods every 20 to 23 days. Earlier 6 months ago I had a menstrual cycle of 30 to 32 days. I am worried. Please help. As sometimes I get periods twice in a month.
My period cycle is irregular. It varies between 23-26 days. When is it safe to have sex using condom if I don't take any ocp. Or emergency contraceptive pills.
Sir. Mne apni gf k sath sex kiya tha. Baad me mne usko I pill de thi. Ab uske period ek week phle aa gye. Ab wo bhut presan hai .is she is pregnant ? Please help.
curing pcos is it true? It will be regulating menses then fertility please suggest me now I purchased i'm waiting your answer.
The contraceptive pill, or simply 'the pill', is a type of hormonal contraception taken by women to prevent pregnancy. Now, even though the birth control pill is extremely effective in preventing unplanned pregnancy, it is not without some side effects. The common side effects of birth control pill include:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Some women experience intermenstrual spotting or bleeding in the time between their menstrual cycles. This is very common in the first three months of you taking the pill. Most of the times, intermenstrual bleeding resolves itself.
- Nausea: Some women might experience mild nausea when they take the pill for the first time. The nausea will resolve on its own after some time, but if it gets critical or persists, seek medical help. Taking your pill at bedtime or with food can aid in countering the nausea.
- Breast tenderness: Breasts can become tender or enlarge as a result of birth control pills. Reducing salt and caffeine intake, and wearing a support bra can be beneficial.
- Headaches: The development of migraines and headaches are the effects of the sex hormones. Different pills with varied doses and types of hormones may lead to different symptoms of headaches. Studies suggest that pills with low hormone doses are usually linked with headaches.
- Weight gain: There is no logical link between weight fluctuations and contraceptive pills, but fluid retention (specifically in the hip and breast areas) and enlarged fat cells are common side-effects.
- Mood changes: Women who may have suffered from depression should consult their doctors when taking the pill. A study discovered that taking pills usually leads to the thickening of the cortexes (outermost layers of the brain involved with analysing incoming stimuli and reward response). However, there is more research pending on this issue.
- Missed periods: Skipping or missing a period is very common when you are on the pill. Factors such as stress, travel, illness and thyroid or hormonal abnormalities can influence this.
- Decreased libido: The pills contain hormones that can lower your sex drive or libido.
- Vaginal discharge: Some women experience differences in their vaginal discharge when they are on the pill. Vaginal lubrication can dip, which causes discomfort during sex.
- Visual changes: Fluid retention is a side-effect of the pill, which even ends up affecting the cornea; they change shape or swell up.
Aloe vera: aloe vera is also known as gheequar, gawarpatha, qwargandhal. Aloe vera has its name in Ayurveda. Cleopatra the famous
Queen of Egypt used this as her beauty product, alexander used this for his wounded army and Gandhi ji used this in his daily routine
Food. There are 300 varieties of aloe vera but only 4 types have 90% to 100% medicinal properties. Aloe barbadensis miller is the most
Useful out of these is used in this juice. Aloe vera is a plant full of natural qualities. Aloe vera has more than 200 medicated ingredients,
Which has 20 required minerals, 8 required amino acids, 14 secondary amino acids, enzymes and 12 types of vitamins? Aloe vera is the
World's best antibiotic, antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-disease, anti-viral, anti-stress, anti-bacterial, anti-toxic and anti-allergy
Plant. That's why aloe-vera is called disease resistant plant. Lignins and saponins in aloe vera cleanse intestines and help in detoxifying
Our body. Aloe vera is a unique food and medicine as well. If you want a life free from medicines and diseases daily intake of aloe vera is a must.
Amla is full of nutritive qualities. It is the best source of vitamin c. One fresh amla has vitamins equivalent to 20 oranges. It
Makes the body healthy and beautiful. Its anti-oxidant enzymes helps prevent old age. It is said that no other herb has
Such medicinal qualities as an amla i. E. Disease resistant, blood purifier, etc.
Tulsi is known for its amazing healing power. It can be used as an herbal medicine for numerous ailments, including fever,
Common cold, cough, sore throat etc.
Ginger: with the use of ginger a person can remain young and healthy for life. Useful in digestion relieves acidity and increases
Stevia: the world's best source of sweet. The extract of stevia is around 200-300 times sweeter than normal sugar. It has zero
Calories, zero carbohydrates and zero fat. It is also antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal plant. The stevia leaves contain
A variety of nutrients which are beneficial for weight management, cholesterol, sugar, blood pressure, etc.
Aloe vera, amla, tulsi, ginger and stevia are useful for more than 220 health problems like:
Weight management, blood pressure, cholesterol and preventing heart diseases.
Treating cough, cold, asthma, premature hair graying and hair fall.
Treating ulcers, liver, dysfunction, t. B, migraine, bronchitis, irritable bowel syndrome, piles, constipation, joint pain and body ache.
Relieving kidney problems, jaundice and hepatitis. Protecting from the harmful effects of alcohol.
Increasing sexual capability, drive and pleasure.
Relieving stress, tension and anxiety. It's a natural mood elevator.
Treating insomnia, sore throat, diarrhea, menstrual cramps and cancer.
Improving skin complexion and is an anti-wrinkle formula.
Reducing the effects of sunstroke and sunburn.
Relieving acidity and increasing appetite.
Improving the immune system and strengthening the body.
Controlling blood sugar level.
Healing muscle function, brainpower and fluid balance and eliminating toxins from the body.
Supporting action to pancreas, spleen, liver and heart.
Treating cold sores, acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, dandruff, cuts and wounds.
Aloe vera is a friend and boon for women. Useful in leucorrhoea, regulates the menstrual cycle and increases pregnancy capability.
Usage: take 30ml aloe vera juice in 250ml. Water twice daily or as directed by the physician.