Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti DronaYour feedback matters!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache tried multiple home remedies but did didn't work what to do.
Hi. I have hairfall problem since 6 months. I can loose at least 20 stands of hair daily. Please give me a quick solution. Thank you.
I am 50 years of age. I am suffering from frozen solder since last six months. I have also undergone physio therapy but not full recovery. Now what is another line of treatment.
My periods dates are April 7 May 9 June 11 July 15 Aug 14 Sep 20 Please calculate my days of ovulation. I tried last on 1st Sep but could not conceived.
All too often, men are afraid or ashamed to admit they're experiencing ED problems. However, the sooner you talk to a doctor, the sooner you'll be able to return to normal sexual function.
Finding a cause for your ED often helps the doctor identify and manage other health problems that you may be experiencing. Bring up your ED problems with the doctor, and use an opportunity to talk about your overall health. Treatments for ED are often very successful, so there's no reason to suffer in silence.
I if didn't sleep well means what will happen in future. 2 years I am having cold how to get normal..
I had an injury in my shoulder as I fell in basketball court. Now its completely healed. Should I go for a tetanus injection if yes please give reason. I am 1st year mbbs student.
Dr. I am 36, male, had an accident 25 days before. My l2 vertebra compressed and Dr. Ggested 40 days bed rest. After ct scaning, spinal canal at l2 is narrow up to 7.6 mm. I do not want to go any surgery. Please give me right solution so that I will work as previous.
Hypothyroidism is a hormonal disorder caused by reduced amounts of thyroid hormone. It is more common than hyperthyroidism and affects women more than men. Iodine is a main ingredient of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and iodine deficiency leads to hypothyroidism.
TSH is required for effective metabolism and reduced amount leads to affecting overall metabolism of the body and causing the following symptoms.
- Slow pulse
- Weight gain
- Reduced attention/concentration span
- Intolerance to cold
- Hoarseness of voice
- Inability to concentrate
- Depression/low mood
- Swollen face and droopy eyes
- Dry skin
- Premenstrual tension
- Muscular pain
Ayurveda believes that this is due to an imbalance between the 3 body systems - vata, pita, and kapha. In hypothyroid people, the pita is supposed to be overpowered by kapha which reduces metabolism.
Treatment is aimed at bringing out balance between the two.
The various Ayurvedic components include:
Panchakarma and external therapies like Vamana, shirodhara, virechana, basti, udwarthana, Kashaya Seka are shown to play a significant role in managing symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Specific Asanas and Pranayamas that are directed at the thyroid have been proven to be beneficial.
- The most effective asana is sarvangasana or the shoulder stand. It improves blood flow to the thyroid and thereby improves its function. Matsyasana, surya namaskara, pavan muktasana, and halasana are also beneficial for hypothyroid patients.
- Ujjayi is the most common pranayama which acts on the throat area and stimulates reflexes in this area.  Nadi shodhana pranayama also is proven to have beneficial effects on the metabolism.
Appetizers and digestive agents are given to improve metabolism. These include herbs and whole grains and specific food products including dairy products.
Food has a major role to play, and some of the do's and don't's are as follows.
- Increase water consumption, preferably warm water, to improve digestion
- Include more iodine-containing foods like white onions, fish, shellfish
- Include more whole fibers like brown rice, barley, green gram, Bengal gram, cucumber, and sugarcane juice
- Increase consumption of milk and milk products
- Avoid sour food items
- Herbal products recommended for hypothyroidism include kanchanara, (purple mountain ebony), jatamansi, shilajita, gokshura, Brahmi, and punarnava
- Apply a paste of jalakumbhi which helps by supplying iodine to the goiter directly
- Jalakumbhi juice can also be consumed daily (11 to 22 g)
- Coconut oil, being rich in medium chain fatty acids, increases the body's metabolism and helps in managing symptoms of hypothyroidism
Lifestyle Changes: In addition to the above, meditation and regular exercises to maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress, and manage weight have shown to help control symptoms to a large extent.
Hypothyroidism is a chronic condition but can be managed with a combination of food, exercise, and lifestyle changes.