Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preethi Rane
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi RaneYour feedback matters!
If your teenager finds out that she is pregnant, and will be having a baby soon, it is a very difficult situation to cope with. Teenage pregnancy is associated with intense stress and trauma in both the girl and her parents, and family. It is important for you to realise that teenage pregnancy can be okay, based on good and wise decisions. You should seek all options at hand, and discuss them with people you trust. There are several coping methods for dealing with the stress, trauma, and difficulty of teenage pregnancy. They are as follows:
Keep in mind that it is okay to be overwhelmed
- A flood of emotions is likely to flow through your body on finding out that your teenage daughter is pregnant.
- Your mind has to be set for facing several challenges which lie ahead. You have to go ahead.
- It is okay to feel upset, but avoid showing it in front of your daughter.
- You might be upset and angry, but you need to realise that your daughter is scared and alone.
- She needs you by her side during this phase more than ever. Your child’s health has to remain relaxed both physically and mentally during pregnancy.
- Do not make your daughter feel shameful as it will worsen the trauma. You need to make her understand that you are with her to figure out some kind of solution.
Ask your daughter what she wants
- It is important for you to ask your pregnant teenage daughter about what she wants, and you should respect her wishes.
- Your daughter has to be comfortable with the choices you make regarding the pregnancy.
Give her advice and help her in exploring options
- Instead of forcing your opinions and views on your daughter, you need to lead her to beneficial resources and support centres.
- It is important for your daughter to make the best decision, without a lot of influence over what has been decided.
- Explore the available options with her and point out the various pros and cons.
Teach your daughter the skills required to become independent
- While you have to help your teenage daughter emotionally, financially and in many other ways, you should also teach her the ways of becoming an independent self sufficient adult.
- If she decides on having the baby, it is very important for her to learn to take care of the baby and deal with all the issues that are likely to be faced.
It is also recommended for you to take your pregnant teenage daughter for therapy and proper counselling. These are also important for her to cope with the trauma and make the best decisions.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 13 weeks pregnant and suffer from knee pain. I am taking all my supplements regularly including Calcium and vit D but still have pain. What could b the problem and how to solve it?
Soon after the mensuration cycle ends for me. We had a protected sex after one day there is white discharge from two days. Can you please tell me the reasons.
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food.
However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
1. Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat up food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
2. High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
3. Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
4. Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
5. Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.