Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen GoyalYour feedback matters!
I am 22 yrs old. I am very thin and I don't feel hungry. Every time I feel tensed. Recently I met with accident and one mark has come on my face. What to do?
I have a burn scar on my neck and its been 3 years and went to doctor and as per her laser treatment is required but she is not sure that it will vanish the scars or not, secondly I wanted to know about TPA as I will go for laser surgery but as it require 4-5 sitting and it will not allow for hospitalizations but as per TPA policy it is manage to be hospitalize for 24hrs then only cashless is done, so would request if this can be done or not if I go for laser treatment to lower down the scars.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.
Hi doing steam every leads to any problem for my face if so when should we do that and tell me the uses of steaming for face.
- The most important ingredient in skin care is vitamin c, which you can get in abundance from oranges. Plus, oranges have bleaching properties that can lighten your skin tone.
- It has been found that regular consumption of fresh orange juice can greatly improve the overall texture of your skin as well as its suppleness. To lighten your skin, oranges can be used in two different ways.
Combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric. Apply this mixture on your face and neck before going to bed. You can also apply it on your hands and legs. Wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes. Do this daily.
Grind dried orange peels into powder. Mix one tablespoon of the powdered peels with one tablespoon of plain yogurt to make a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. This will help lighten spots and other marks on your face. Do this once or twice a week, but no more than that.
Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
- Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This simple remedy will help remove dead skin cells, making your skin appear brighter and fresher than before. Do this once daily.
- To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Do this every other day.
I am losing my skin glowing. I try many facewash and cream but not work. Please can you tell me what can I do.
Hii doctor I'm basant from bbsr sir my question is related in skin .so sir can you please ask how to bring glowing, fair & healthy skin I'm so worries.
Hi he's having boils on over the lips and on nose it has swelling also it is round in between pus we consulted a pead he gave antibiotics but it is coming back again and again sometimes on lips on nose.
What is the reason for becoming black under the eyes and how can I cure it. Please reply sir. This is a request.
I recently have acne (cystic acne) but now the acne have caused bumps and dark spots on my skin. What should I do.
Sir I'm 18 yr's old in summer days my forehead is looking black and my face is dry please give me a good suggestion my face is looking fair.
Hlo doctor. Meri age 25 sal h.meri skin bhut oily h, jiski wjha se mere face pe pimples or blackheads ho jate h.koi home made redeim btao.
My face tone turn so darker than my body. please help me. 2nd may 2016 my reception please tell how can I get fairer.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose its aesthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments (know more about pigmentations problem) of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar (know more about scars) will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!!