Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PraveenYour feedback matters!
Am 21 years old female. My lips are becoming so dark and dry now a days. I stopped using all cosmetics. But it is not returning to normal. What should I do?
What is the best solution for remove dark spots, moles. Someday my eye is look beautiful but today one mole has make ugly my eye, what is the solution for this.
I was using pumice stone on arms to clean it but I got scratches on a area due to access use of stone and its given redness and a blac skin how to get rid of it fast in two days. Is there any tube for dat.
I am a girl, 26 yrs old. I have got very large pores on my face in the past 1 year and have hypothyroidism too. What should I do to make my skin like it was a year back. The pores are vry deep and clearly visible from far.
Originally of fair skinned in nature. I'm having a very bad dark skin tone now. And a bit of tan on the arms, I want to not only get my color back but also make it 100× more fair and bright. Please Help.
I have undergone USG and from the report I got to know an ecogenic lesion was noted in lumen of gall bladder (cholelithiasis) and also small anterior myometrial fibroid. How can I dissolve that or is ut compulsory to have surgery?
For glowing, bright skin, it is important that it is maintained well. The skin has multiple layers, and over a period of time, due to constant exposure to pollution and dust, the top layers become worn out and lack lustre. Once these top layers are removed, the underlying layers which are fresher can help in giving the skin a much younger and brighter look.
Microdermabrasion – What it Does?
There are tiny particles, which are abrasive in nature, which are used on the skin. These by their abrasive and cleansing nature, remove the top layers, making way for fresher skin from the subsequent layers. It is very similar to a facial, except that an instrument is used, which will generate mild heat, which helps in removing the top dead cells.
This procedure, which takes about 45 minutes, creates a gentle vacuum which removes dead cells. In addition,
- It improves circulation so that the cheeks turn rosy again
- It reduces wrinkles and fine lines that appear as part of ageing. In fact, microdermabrasion is one of the most widely used anti-ageing treatments currently.
- It improves dullness, by removing the top dead layers and provides skin with a fresh lease of life (and cells!)
- It reduces appearance of age spots which are due to increased pigmentation and makes skin even and less rough
- Reduces damage caused by the sun
- Scars (from any injury)
- Removes blackheads and whiteheads
What to Expect:
- It is usually done in the outpatient setting, and no anesthesia is required
- Any chemical treatment to the affected area should be stopped 2 days ahead
- Discuss with your doctor about your regular medications, which might require change
- Continue using the sunscreen
- Do not wear makeup on the day of the treatment
- There is heat generated during the process, so there could be redness, mild swelling, and tenderness
- After the procedure, avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2 to 3 days
- Do not use any chemicals on the area for at least 3 days
- Do not use saunas or steam for about a week
- Face should be washed multiple times, either with plain water, or with a gentle face wash
- Repeat sessions, if required, will be done after 3 to 4 weeks depending on the condition and your response
Microdermabrasion is one of the most widely used skin polishing techniques and talk to your doctor to find out if it can help bring your skin back to life!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!