Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Pravakar SoniYour feedback matters!
From my childhood means from the age of 10 I had seen that sometimes while I went to lattin some blood comes it lasts for 2 days sometimes more. Why this causes?
Hello doctor, good morning I am 26 year old male bachelor from india, I faced problem in addiction of pronograph, so I done lot of masturbations it leeds to my penis larger, so now a days I stopped from that bad habits, now I facing problem is urinating automatically by dropping urine it makes me unhigeink. The penis is cutted (sunnath) before, the size of front urin passing place I feel is larger because of this it automatically coming or what? Any prblm will facing after marry? Please suggest me the best opinion to overcome this problem. Best regards rafsal.
Doctor my brother doing masturbation since 23 years his penis too small and main problem is whenever he touches his penis tip feels pain give some suggestion.
What is a best treatment to constipation and what kinds of problems we will have to face during constipation?
Sir, I am having dull hearing. In case, If I close my nose and snuff, ears get cleared, but sounds will be as some movement in the ear I feel with ears get cleared and again normal position. Whether I should snuff the nose for ear clearance or any problem in doing so. Please give me details.
I'm suffering from continuous heavy head ache. I use to take imol plus tablet. But it only gives instant relif. Am having this problem for last 4 years. Please help me.
On stretching the foreskin of the Penis backwards before intercourse leads to heavy pain in the front portion (bulb) of the Penis & leads to loosening of erection sometimes. As soon as the front portion of Penis touches the vaginal lips, the ejaculation occurs leading to disappointment. please suggest.
I eat garlic two pieces empty stomach every morning and in night with milk. Is it harmful or good for health.
I am having stomach pain and after eating when I bend my head nerves hurt me. I have a condition of Migraine. Please help me.
Hi .i m 26 years old. I am facing acidity problem from so long. I used to take normal diet. And I avoid tea nd coffee also but still I am facing this problem. And also after drinking lots of water I feel dehydrated. please suggest something.
Doc. I am felling some heaviness in my left portion of chest while breathing in, since I am smoking weed&cigarettes. What should I do know. please help.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.