Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pratiksha G GandhiYour feedback matters!
Sir I have throat infection from last 20 days I am student of IITM, I went to here to meet doctor They gave me some medicine ,but its not getting cured. The symptoms of throat infection are Dry throat some time in left side of throat Burning sensation in left side of throat Left Ear pain/burning some times Chest pain some times Hair fall got increased I was a smoker but from last 20 days I have quit smoking. I don't know what happen to me Please help me sir Thank you.
I am 16 year old whenever I ejaculate it is just for 5 to 10 seconds what to do how to increase the time of semen to come out and also is it good to ejaculate will it affect my body I am very serious regarding my height and body posture so is practising ejaculation good or bad pls help.
I am 27 years Married women and 3 months pregnant as well. I am feeling a light pain with my bladder. It feels like UTI to me. Urge to urine every minute and I had to be in Washroom for the whole night. It feels like to urinate and a little amount of urine goes by. Please suggest me a solution.
I am 24 years old and I have a small doubt i. E I involved in sex with my girlfriend on 25 of this month with condoms and her periods date is january 14. Is there any chance of pregnancy and suggest safety days to have sex without protection.
I am suffering from cold 3 days ago. I want to sleep but cold does not allow to sleep me. Which medicine should I take?
I am 29 year old female having a congested feel in head for the past one month. I feel my skull is out of shape too and feeling tired and having body pain too. I have faced a sort of drowsiness but thought it was my bp going low. I have been stressed for some time, so could that be a possible reason? Kindly advice.
I'm felling like discomfort in My right testicle like someone is pulling it down. The location of right one is little differ from left is that normal?
My sperm count become thin and lower in concentration, is there any way to regain my sperm strength and make my sperm healthier. Which will able to conceive baby?
How can I make my penis size bigger and longer cause I want to make or give satisfaction to my wife.
I am 28 years old male. I have headache for a month. Headache starting from one side the head and eye is itching. So please advise me what should I do? I have checked my eye through eye specialist but they told me that it's a symptoms of migraine.
From last 20 days. I am getting my morning stool watery and after that whole day I do not get motion. I have taken pills to control motion many times. Bt still no result. Can you help me. What test or medicine should I take.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Endocrinologist.