Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Prathiksha LadeYour feedback matters!
Does flossing is required daily I am 20 years old and my parents never taught me to do this does I have to buy this from market or I can use thread.
I am gani. I am suffering from teeth problem last 3 months. So I want to treat root canal treatment. How much cost it is. please give idea sir.
What dental pre cautions we should take at 64 years of age. & is it necessary to put cap if tooth is not there.
सर,मेरे दांतों में एनेमल जम गए है। मैंने स्केलिंग भी करवाया था कुछ दिन तक ठीक रहा पर फिर से यही समस्या है। मसूड़े दांत छोड़ रहे हैं और दांतो के बीच गैपिंग बढ़ रहा है। भोजन के एक-दो घंटे बाद हल्का स्मेल आने लगता है। सबसे ज्यादा चिंता गैपिंग बढ़ने को लेकर है। विक्को का पेस्ट और मंजन यूज़ कर रहा हु सुबह शाम। सर कोई सोल्युशन बतायें। धन्यवाद!
Hello doctor, My mom has cavities on maximum teeth. She is suffering from tooth ache. Please suggest some natural way to cute tooth ache. Can cavities be removed?
I am 33 years old boy wants to build my body I avoid non veg what should I eat which will help me grow faster and I have pyhorrea please provide permanent treatment for pyhorrea thanks.
My teeth and gum having bleeding problem since last few days I brush in ones in morning please suggest me home made solution for that problem.
I broke my tooth (Front tooth). I lost half part of it. I know I does not grow. I heard of tooth implant. How much does it cost? Is there any other process to come over?
I have yellow spot on my front upward teeth. Many time I have tried but its not wash off can you help me to remove that yellow spot and make my teeth white so I can smile freely.
I was advised for a laser dental cleaning procedure. I am 50 year old and a diabetic for more than 10 years. Two teeth requires extraction as suggested by Doctor. And also advised for re-shaping to smile for the front teeth. Is the laser cleaning be a safe procedure and adjusting the teeth by clipping advisable at this age. Please advise.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.