Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant Patil
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant PatilYour feedback matters!
My mother is 50 is years old. She doesn't have any kind of skin allergies, but recently from last year her skin is turning dark which is like almost equal to let Dark Brown. I want to know if it is because of the hair dye that she's using or is it because of the steroids that she is eating.
Im 30 year old I have black spots on my facw I had used ao many creams but their no result so please give me some tips for my spots.
1) I am 27 years old, female and hands are very dark and cracks, I use body lotion like vaseline and ponds etc but still that cracks is in my hand. Looking so dark, my face looking white but my hand only looking dark. So please doctor advice me for the same. 2) My nose and dimple in that place so much of whiteness is occur daily I remove in wet cloth, what permanent solutions. After in that place its became a very dark also so pls advice me doctor.
Hello I am 26 years old. I am a teacher. I want to ask about the dark circles. I m suffering a lot. It glows very badly. I am unmarried so it is also a big question for me. Now I am using an optimals under eye cream of oriflame.
Hello, I am suffering from dark circles since last 3 to 4 yrs, I have tried every possible thing but did not get rid of them. Please suggest something helpful. Thanks.
Ever felt that your skin has lost its radiant glow? or that it's feeling a little too dry (or oily)? do you feel like in the midst of friends, work and relationships, there's absolutely no time to head to the spa for a facial? well not to worry, you can now give yourself a fabulous facial at home. So read on, and give these facial tips at home a try.
To prep yourself for a facial, you need to start by washing your hands. Remember, you'll be using your hands to massage and treat your face. So they must be clean. Wash them with warm water and a simple bar soap. Your hands carry germs that can lead to breakouts on your skin.
Tie up your hair:
Tie you hair back (use a hairband to hold back stray strands or bangs). You need your face to be clear of any obstructions for a through facial.
Remove your makeup:
Now we move onto cleansing your face thoroughly. You can either use natural ingredients like milk or you can go for a gentle makeup cleanser (choose the cleanser that suits your skin type best.) use cotton balls to gently wipe off the makeup from your eyes, cheeks, lips, face and neck. Move the cotton ball in gentle circular motions. Around the eyes, be careful and use gentle strokes (don't tug at the skin!)
This is an important step. Exfoliation helps remove dead skin, reduces large pores and prevents fine lines and wrinkles. Spread the exfoliator on your palms and massage your skin in circular motions. You don't need to press the exfoliating beads into your skin, just a gentle amount of pressure is fine. Avoid scrubbing the exfoliator around your eyes. If you don't have an exfoliator, take a cup of milk and add a teaspoon of granulated sugar, this works just as well!
Take a clean washcloth and run under hot water. Place it over your face and let it rest for five minutes. Alternatively, you can fill a pot of water till it is boiling. Then stand with your face above the steaming water. Drape a cloth over your head to prevent the steam from escaping. You can add drops of rosemary oil to add to the cleansing process. Steam your face for 10-15 minutes, not more. If you have sensitive skin, try and avoid this step as it can exacerbate the problem.
The fourth step of this process is to apply the facial mask. It is vital to choose a facial mask that suits your skin type. For oily skin, you can try a mud or clay mask to absorb the extra oil from your skin. For dry skin, go for a hydrating or creamy face mask. Combination skin needs both these elements. Cover your face in a light mask, avoiding the areas around the eye. You can soothe your eyes with cucumber slices. After 15 minutes, wash off the mask with plenty of water and pat it try.
To maintain the texture of your glossy skin, use a moisturiser after wiping off the face mask. For oily skin, you can choose a water-based or light moisturiser, while for dry skin you can use a denser cream. For sensitive skin, avoid a product with heavy fragrances or acidic ingredients. These can cause breakouts or rashes.
I see very tiny holes on my cheeks, developed may be due to shaving. What should I do for smoother skin.
I am having pimples black spots on face so my relative advised me to use panderm + tube. I m using it from 10 days it lighted the skin color should I keep on using it as. WL it have side effects or long term effects?
I have so much on my face what should I do to clear the face very quick. Tell me some home remedies and medicine.
- A callus (tyloma) is a thickening of the skin that occurs in response to excessive, repeated shear or friction forces, commonly due to constant rubbing of the skin. Calluses are similar to corns, but calluses occur when abnormal forces are exerted over a larger area. Certain deformities of the feet, such as crookedness of the toes, may predispose to the development of calluses. Calluses may cause pain, typically a burning sensation. Excessive weight bearing and certain types of shoes are often contributing factors u.
- Calluses may occur in all people with the exception of non-weight-bearing infants.
Signs and symptoms
Calluses are most frequently located on the feet and sometimes on the hands. They usually are located next to bony prominences.
- Avoidance of the repetitive forces causing calluses, such as altering shoe style, is the best method of prevention. Gentle paring with an emery board or a pumice stone may help to decrease the thickened skin. A soft fabric, such as felt, should be applied after paring to protect the underlying skin. Or, shoe pads that go inside your shoes should be used to help relieve the pressure so foot calluses can heal.
- Calluses do not require medical intervention, but seek evaluation if they become bothersome. Diabetics should pay careful attention to their feet given the risk of development of diabetic ulcers on the feet.