Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant MahajanYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes, Gas in my stomach. Pain in my right side of heart. And how to control my diabetes. Please give me suggestions. I am little confused with my diet.
Sir I have a problem of my eyes I'm not being able to see properly so what should I do for my eyes and how can it be fine. Pls tell.
Hi. I am female and my age is 25. I have weak eyesight from past 10 years. And my eyesight no. Is not stable. It ws increasing day by day. I am so sad and depress. I want to know. Can I go throw for laser operation. I want to remove my specs. please give me feedback.
My Mom is not able to see properly from left eye. After further diagnosis one of the doctor conclude that the eye side is down as nerves become dead (Not sure in technical / medical language) due to diabetes. But Mom never had diabetes . Also suggested to take one injection but not guarantee of recovery of eye side. Kindly suggest.
But I don't have any vision problems but still it goes red I have tested from a reputed hospital too I have frustrated from this disease as in my office my boss don't allow me to come to office because I have red eyes every now and then as they tell that it is a contagious disease please tell me some medicine or any liquid to put in the eyes.
I have red eyes and mind confused, before last three days, so please give solution for this problem?
My grand daughter four years old affected by heavy head ache and slow eye sight loss for more than one week. Please advise. Thanks.
Please help me I am 11 years old and I am always on my I pad, tablet, laptop, TV. My mother always tell me to leave it or I have to wear specs. But I can' t leave my phone I am addicted. So how can I protect my eyes without leaving my phones? Like any time limits, exercises of eyes, how to wash eyes properly etc. How to take care of my eyes? Is it dangerous?
I have eyesight which is -2 power. I using specs. Can my eye can back to normal power without using specs.
I would like to know the symptoms of red eyes and paining. The eyes goes red and start paining with water coming out continuously may I know why I am facing this problem and shall I take any eye drops for cure.
I have headache problem and sometimes I feel pain just above my eyes, mostly above my right eye. Please help me. What the problem and what I need to do.
I am wearing specs since last two years. Is there any method to remove my specs without any surgery?
Jaise eyesight week hai mei kya karu green vegetables bhi khata hoon but kuch asar nahi hota meri eye sight bahut week ho rahi hai spectacles ka number bhi bad gaya hai so please mujhe koi solution dijiye .
My 4 year baby boy has eye blinking problem from 4 to 5 days. He blink tightly in an interval of time specially in thinking time. Please doctor tell me is this a serious problem?
Hi I am 31 years old, my eyes are always red so I had tested at optician for number but everything alright please can you help.
Sometimes I can see the future it takes time to happen but it happens. It happens in 2 to 3 months or years also but it happens. And when it happen I can feel that the vision has already came.
I have problem with my left eye. someday I can see clearly with it but someday it looks somewhat blur. I had eye allergy problem (redness of eye) from many years. Even one year back I was having this for both eyes. Is this blueness due to any allergy?
My husband did cataract operation and the sound of the machine during operation has made him nervous. He cannot stand noise. He has to do the other eye cataract operation too urgently but since he is so sensitive to noise will be able to do it without getting panicky on the operation table? Is there an alternative to surgery.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.