Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my nose. And my one nose hole is small I think it is sinus. Can I know what are the symptoms of sinus?
Sir nose ke upar se aur gale me right side dard ho rha h neeche taraf aisa lag rha hai koi pimple ho gya ho mene ek beer pe thi uske bad se gale me right side pain ho rha hai.
I am 27 years old. From last 4 months my smell sense has decreased and consulted a doctor. He prescribed for CT Scan and after seeing scan report he told that I am suffering from nasal polyps (Allergy) has increased in all sinuses and has to do surgery by endoscopy method. Is it compulsory to go for surgery or it can be treated by medicine.
Sir My mother has right BPPV vertigo From past 3 months. So kindly can you suggest some medicine or alternate solution for this
Is there any ayurvedic nasal drops for sinus nose infection. And which also helps to reduce sinus nose swilling.
I am having a ear pain and also blockage in ear from last week but pain started from last night looking for best ear drops.
I have a bleeding nose. It starts bleeding quite frequently these days. Previously it bleebs once in 2-3 months. What should you suggest me to take. Is it sign of any disease?
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.