Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
Hi, i am 45 years old male, I am having acute tiredness and loss of concentration. Breathing blocking experienced in left nostril Snoring and occasional gasping experienced. Health check up reveals all tests normal. What could be the cause?
I have damaged eardrums and have some sound in my ear all the time. Is there any solution to cure my ear pain and plenty of sounds inside the ear.
Too much pain in throat. Difficulty in swallowing. Feeling feverish. Please advise something. Thanks.
I have nose allergy. In night my nose is choked. I can't breathe properly. And I have fever from two days. I take medicine from doctor but problem is same. Please recommend medicine and also allergy in throat.
Hello doctor my mother having sinus problem. So she cannot able to cook the masala smell creates sneeze and running nose. What is the best remedy?
I am 32 years old, last night I am suffering from fever, throat infection and body pain. Please prescribe any drug.
I'm suffering from dermatitis dermatitis from 3 years. Any homeopathic medicine for this condition. Allopathic crem rough the skin tone. Especially in nose region and eyebrows. Please help.
Neck pain and stiffness due to cervical spondylitis. Dizziness accompanied by numbness and shaky hands.
I am 45 years old. I am suffering from sinus along pools in nose. In 2008 I gone for surgery. But last one year I am suffering from the same. Kindly advise me.
I always have a little cold every time and some times it become severe and sometime I have little pain in throat and sometimes start coughing and a doctor has told me that my nose is somewhat bended what medicine I should take.
I had tonsillitis from the past years and still it troubles me a lot. I can't even swallow my saliva properly. Pliz help!
Hi sir, I am 35 years old. Suffering from severe sinus problem and headache. Use pain killer to get relief. please tell me permanent solution.
What are the symptoms of tonsil extension problem which causing pain below chin where neckline starts. And what are the remedies to cure it.
Sometimes I'm having continues sneezing, it go by it self after some time. Also my nose bridge is not straight.
One side throat problem but no sore throat when coughing always get white small smelly particles. Sometimes show the same in tonsil holes. When pressing tonsils sometimes blood coming .what is your opinion.
I have a problem in my nose. It's feel like my nose is close. But it's not. It's so irritating for me. I don't know what should I do for this. It's not a cold or not a my nose block. Bt still m feeling like that.
I am 36 years female, I am diabetic patient, I am suffering from throat pain due to tonsillitis it is having layer of yellow and infected.
Daily morning when I get up, I start sneezing and mucous coming through my nose I don't know what to do? Please help me!
Sir I am facing strange problem from past 10 days in my ear. I always felt a suu. Like sound in my ears from past 10 days. What is the reason behind that and what should I do to cure it? ThANK You.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups.