Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Prashan ShahYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of fear and depression In any situation I'm getting afraid like as 1. Talking to someone, staying with someone 2. Doing any kind of simple work, activities or anything 3. Can't even explain about anything because of fear 4. Afraid of taking any simple decisions and another things 1. Thinking too much about small mistakes - over thinking 2. Being negative all the time 3. Being unconfidence 4. Always being afraid of all the things.
Hello Doctor, Age 28. Weight 50 Suddenly morning I got pain in middle of the chest, something radiation type, and after some 5 mins pain went to my back in left side. Sometimes feels shortness of breath, sometimes feels worry. Whats the reason behind this? Shall I do any tests? Is it normal pain Doctor? Please suggest me. And which food is good for healthy chest. Is there any oxygen problem or anxiety problem? Thanks.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
Sir I am 17 year male. I am facing a lot of problem in my voice. I have bad voice. I cannot speak aloud because my voice just slips like. I am totally unable to speak aloud. I cannot say yes sir while attendance. I do not take phone calls because my friends tols me that my voice is like female voice while talking to anyone on phone call. So please tell what to so sir. please give me solution, so that my voice gets normal. And I could came out of this problem.
Hi Sir, I am suffering from body pain continuously. What is the reason for body pain? How to recover from body pain?
A head full of the lush silky mane is what everyone desires as it enhances one's personality and physical image but with the growing levels of pollution and workload, it becomes difficult to maintain its health and beauty. There are a number of factors that contribute to the deterioration of hair and stress is one of them.
Stress is a complimentary ingredient in today's lifestyle. Hectic work schedules, maintaining a social life and many other reasons invite stress and it has become increasingly difficult to avoid. There are three types of hair fall that can be attributed to stress and anxiety.
- Telogen effluvium - There are three stages in the life cycle of hair, growth, resting and shedding stage. Stress and anxiety incurred from physical trauma, severe accident, illness and pregnancy can cause sudden and in most cases temporary hair fall. Sudden stress shocks the hair follicles and pushes them to the resting stage resulting in hair fall from combing or washing. This type of hair loss has been termed as Telogen effluvium.
- Trichotillomania - Pulling out hair from the scalp, eyebrows can be a way of dealing with stress. Inner palpitation, tension, anxiety has a way of coming to the surface and it has been noticed in some people that they unknowingly pull their hair out to cope with stress and in worst cases they also make a habit of it. This condition is commonly referred to as Trichotillomania.
- Alopecia areata - Hair falls out from certain portions of the scalp exposing scattered patches of skin. There are several reasons for this condition known as Alopecia areata, and stress has been identified as one. With alopecia, the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles causing them to shed.
Hair loss itself can cause anxiety and stress further complicating the problem. Abnormal shedding of hair is usually an indication of a deep-rooted medical condition which should be treated immediately. Distressing and meditation can help treating hair loss.
Please suggest me the test for the pain on the left side of the body tingling effect on hands and toe pain on shoulder and neck restlessness palpitation and laziness all the time.
Sir I am 18 year old. I have many type of tension, depression, metal problem about my career and I have no friends at that time to share my feelings. At this stage I am very alone. So please tell me what I do for this problem.
Hello everyone. My question is to psychiatrist. Umm may be you am suffering from phobia. My frnd discussed that he had a chapter of phobia in school days nd I observed that the same kind of problem is there with me and it's name is phobia. So can anyone tell mi how to get out from this.
Sir, My wife is affected by depression aged about 54. Refusing to attend a hospital/psychiatrist for treatment/consultancy. It is very difficult to manage her daily. Please give the solution.
Last 2012 I have deasese to taifoid. Now I have a big problem that high depression, I think evry time I go to suicide. Ido everyday musterbrat. What can I do please help me.
I think this is a mental issue and funny also I dream about my ex 3-4 time a month it disturbs me alot as we were in very serious relationship and it's been 4 years we got separated I want to get free from this issue.
I am 41 years old sales professional. I am feeling since last 6 years that I am just a failure professionally. I am earning the same as 6 years before. Now I am feeling too much depressed. I want to work but don't work enough. I resigned from my jobs many times without reason. I am jobless again. I like to be alone. Sometimes want to suicide bcos I am unable to feed my family. Please suggest some solution.
I smoke weed everyday and my weight is reducing very fast I can't stop smoking it and I need to gain weight back again.
Concentration depends upon the ability to focus. Concentration is basically concerned with disciplining your mind to improve focus. However, your mind will tend to resist your efforts as it loves its own freedom. By practicing 10 to 15 minutes of exercises to improve concentration on a daily basis, you will be able to train and discipline your mind, and hence improve your concentration.
Before proceeding to do these exercises, there is a need to set the mood for it. First of all, you will have to find a place where you can be alone without any disturbance. You can sit cross legged on the floor or on a chair with your spine erect. Take a few deep breaths and then relax your body to direct your attention to it. To start off, you can practice these exercises for 10 minutes and then lengthen the time to 15 minutes after a few weeks of training.
- Exercise 1: Take a book or a magazine and count the number of words in a single paragraph. Count them again to ensure that you have counted correctly. You can start off with one paragraph and as you get used to it, move on to counting words in two paragraphs. Then move on to counting words on the whole page. Make sure that you perform the counting mentally and only with your eyes without pointing your finger at each word. This is one of the simplest brain exercises to improve concentration.
- Exercise 2: Another exercise to increase concentration is count backwards in your mind from hundred to one. Once you have mastered this, move on to counting backwards from hundred to one but this time skipping three numbers such as 100, 97, 94, 91, 88 etc.
- Exercise 3: Select an inspiring word or just a simple sound and think about it in your mind, repeating it in your mind for 5 minutes. Once your mind has begun to concentrate on it easily, move on to 10 minutes of uninterrupted concentration.
Care to share.