Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Prashan ShahYour feedback matters!
Is there any way to boost IQ? Many of my friends are better than me at maths and reasoning, however they study less compared to me. In all the other subjects I perform better than them.
I am 26 year old. I don't have any facial hair on my cheeks. Only a few on my chin. It makes me feel depressed and weird. Any suggestions?
My daughter going to 12 std this year finds difficult to concentrete. Once notied her surfing for schzophrenia. When asked for the needof such site she told she has the habbit of talking to herself. Now finds it difficult to study. What should I do. She had been in the hostel from third std to 9th std. Kindly help me to find if anything is wrong.
I am suffering from pimples on face and head very badly. Red and white some times. I am 31 and non alcoholic. I am taking Berberis aquifolium q 15 drops twice a day From 2 weeks but there is no improvement at all. Please help me. I am unable to even comb and on face when I wake up in morning I find many white coloured pimples and there are some red as well.
I am 25 years old and getting distracted by each and every small thing. I am not being able to concentrate.
Hlo sir next month my exam I want to study in night night but I cannot concentration on my study and I get bore very easily I want to take sleep how I can reduce my habits.
Hi I am 22 years old and I feel very inactive. I cannot concentrate on my work. What could be remedy forthis.
My 10 years old daughter is not yet able to pronounce ch, shhh mantra in Hindi her English is his but Hindi language is not much clear .What should b done .As she has improved a lot in 2 years as she realize that her pronunciation is not correct lot of improvement but still does speech therapy will help her. Nearby hospital r they his enough in this. Really bit worried as sometimes v don't understand why is she saying n she says specially if she says quickly. If she speaks slowly thn words r clear.
My wife aged 50 years feels that others are talking about her for last 20 years &abuses others frequetly.What should i do.
I have fever cold and cough headache full body pain so what can I do to overcome this pain give me suggestion?
I am seventy years old boy and I feeling something odd I mean when I prepare myself for study I m little bit distract to any other direction and not able to focus on study.
Mother feels discomfort and depressed. She doesn't get sleep although she doesn't have any sort of tension.
I had a episode of depression 2 times during last 10 years. Now ok .after long treatment with nexito 20/10 taken. What precautions should be taken to prevent depression.
Dr. my children are always beating to their self and not in unity their self why please guide me how to handle my children. My elder son always beat to my younger daughter and she is also having irritating.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney disease problem. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.