Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrasasntYour feedback matters!
Meri age 24 years ki hai. Mere face per bahut se pimples and darksopts hai? please tell me ise thik karne ke liye kya kru?
Helo doctors, after acne I got more pores in my face who looks very bad please tell me something to fix it I want to fill my face pores. thanks.
I am 23 year old female. I had an allergy on my face. A small dots all over d face only. Later it is cured. But my skin is lost before colour. Skin is black. Very difference between my body colour and my face colour. So what can I do to gain my before colour. Could you give me a suggestion please sir.
I am Suffering from ringworm infection between my thighs from last 4 months. After Using Of medicines the itching has Been Stopped, But the changing of colour into Black is creating big obstacle for me. What should I do now?
Muje nanahe ke bad body lal ho jati hai even khujli bhi chalti hai 15 minit bad lal hone wali jagah apne aap sahi ho jati hai koi allergy hai test karane ke bad bhut si chijo se alerji niklti hai 1 cetrajin kha lene se 4 din aaram rahta hai uske bad phir vahi stithi hoti hai 2 Sal se yah bimari hai.
Ichave black spots on my face what should do for that I am verycaffraid inbfuture wht happens pls suggest me asa soon as possible.
I am 27 years old female. I have a problem of skin rashes and itching in private parts. What should I do.
I have a mole beside my mole. It makes me feel embarrassed. So I want to remove it. I need to go for plastic surgery. Is there any problem with that surgery. Even though after surgery a small mark is left. Is it true. I don't want any mark in my left. So please help me which surgery can I please prefer.
I am 29 years old, I have big black spot on my cheek, I am taking treatment for the last 15 months but its not working, I have Insulin problem, My insulin level is very high, Please suggest.
I have black spots on my face .can I use benzac ac gel for it. If not suggest me if any so I get rid of spots please? I am 18 years male.
She is being diagnosed with Carcinoma in Sigmoid colon 1st stage please suggest us with further procedure.
My face got red marks due to pimples and acne on nose . I'm using multani mitti pack from a long time. But it is not helping to stop pimples and giving it a clear face. I need a best solution plz.
My name is manoj my qui is my face is very dark in this summer please advice me because I going to meet my friend but he feeling very bad Kindly.
Chehre pr achanak se bhut dane nikl aye h aur pak jate h fir gehre kale dag ho jate h ye karib ek sal se ho rha h jbki mera rang fair h.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed after a thorough analysis of your medical history, emotional and physical constitution. All Homeopathic medicines are based on achieving potency of the substance, which is done by diluting it with water and alcohol. In case of acne, this treatment controls the secretion of oil from the skin, removes acne related scars and eliminates underlying conditions such as hormonal imbalance that causes acne.
Various Homeopathic remedies to treat acne are:
- Calcariasulphuricum: This treatment is recommended for people who regularly have large pimples filled with pus. The person tends to be easily affected by heat.
- Dulcamara: It is used in treating acne as well as scars left by acne. It is usually recommended for acne that occurs due to climate changes.
- Sanguinaria: It is a very effective remedy for treating acne in women who have problems in their periods. It is also used in acne treatment in women who suffer from sexual problems.
- Silica: This treatment enhances the immune system of the body so that acne formation in the body is reduced. This is a common treatment for people who have recurrent bouts of acne.
- Natrum Muriaticum: This treatment is made from common salt and is used to treat acne that results from menstrual irregularities and other hormonal disturbances. It is also used for treating oily skin and other rashes which result from it.
- Arctium lappa: It is a Homeopathic remedy for treating symptoms of acne and its scars.